Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We Need a GM. These picks suck

Lavar5150

"yeah, a fan who admittly knows nothing about the picks.... always knows more about football personell then a HOF coach"

don't you folks EVER get tired of mouthing the same cliches? what...is this some sort of substitute for independent thinking? you like this in your private lives? "Father Knows Best"?

When relevant, such as now, no. I'm not saying that these are or are not great pics, but since the fellows who made the pick have at least scouted, met,(Rocky at least), and watched the players picked they probablyhave at least a tad more knowledge about the players than say, someone who has no idea who these fellows are.

Yeah these picks suck and Santana Moss cant be as much of an impact player as Coles, and Portis is just a system back, Chris Cooley is too short and slow to be a good TE in the NFL, Mike Sellers is nothing more than a backup fullback, Shawn Springs is just a walking injury, Kellen Winslow Jr. is such better value than Sean Taylor, Mark Brunell doesnt have anything left in him, Joe Gibbs is old and has lost touch with the game, the Redskins will be 4-12 in 2005, Lemar Marshall will never fill the void of Antonio Pierce, Lavar Arrington is the only player we know for sure is a Redskin for life, we will be in cap hell this off season and wont sign any of our free agency targets.

Yeah were so much better at managing this team than the coaches :\

I don't know much about either of these 2 but combine them with the 3 FB/TE's we drafted last year and it is no wonder we just go the FA route. Vinny is worthless.

Do you honestly know about anybody in the 6th round?

Whats so bad about an all-academic safety who hits hard and weighs 208?

you cannot write him off becasue he went to a Div 2 school.

Also, just look at the guys that were on the board at this time...

Keith Ellison

Lawrence Vickers

Delanie Walker

Montavious Stanley

do you know any of them?

How can you possibly say that any other gm would have made a better pick. You need to chill out man.

"yeah, a fan who admittly knows nothing about the picks.... always knows more about football personell then a HOF coach"

don't you folks EVER get tired of mouthing the same cliches? what...is this some sort of substitute for independent thinking? you like this in your private lives? "Father Knows Best"?

So "we need a gm" is orginal thinking :laugh:

Lets look at the team before Gibbs (II), and after.... In 2 years a playoff team, improved the offense from #30 to 11, a top ten Defense 2 years in a row,

Adressed needs,

last season center, signed Rabach, WR signed Moss, DT Griffin, Marcus Washington at LB

This year Need DE signed Carter, Needed #2 WR signed Llyod, Randle El

Draft Picks

Sean Taylor, Chris Cooley, Carlos Rogers,

Not to mention the no names guys who have contributed..

Clark, PP, Big Joe, Evans

Bringing in vets like Ray Brown, Mike Sellers, Brunell, trading for Portis, Moss

yep any no named GM definetly would have done better. :laugh:

Mark this thread.

When THESE picks turn out to be a difference maker in a game or two.........these posters will be jumping up and down spouting how great they are and how smart our staff is.

Has happened before..........will happen again.

Blondie

"don't you folks EVER get tired of mouthing the same cliches? what...is this some sort of substitute for independent thinking? you like this in your private lives? "Father Knows Best"?

Everyone needs to forgive Al. He's been depressed and sullen since Joe Gibbs returned. He was actually a really nice guy if you knew him back when Norv Turner was the Head Coach.

again, since Williams came here as DC look at the list of obscure players he has worked into the regular defense and won games with:

Lemar Marshall, Antonio Pierce, Demetric Evans, Ryan Clark, Joe Salavea, Pierson Prioleau, Chris Clemons, etc.........

and you really think this coaching staff on defense with the scouts can't pick out guys from college that can help the club?

I was actually expecting these kind of threads no matter who we picked, and I understand they are just an extension of some of the "Why don't we package the 53rd, Dan Snyder's car, 50 yd line seats at FedEx, the film rights to Joe Gibbs' life and halter's koozie to get the #1 and #3 picks!" brilliance we have seen for the last couple of weeks, but it does get tiresome :snore:

So "we need a gm" is orginal thinking :laugh:

Lets look at the team before Gibbs (II), and after.... In 2 years a playoff team, improved the offense from #30 to 11, a top ten Defense 2 years in a row,

Adressed needs,

last season center, signed Rabach, WR signed Moss, DT Griffin, Marcus Washington at LB

This year Need DE signed Carter, Needed #2 WR signed Llyod, Randle El

Draft Picks

Sean Taylor, Chris Cooley, Carlos Rogers,

Not to mention the no names guys who have contributed..

Clark, PP, Big Joe, Evans

Bringing in vets like Ray Brown, Mike Sellers, Brunell, trading for Portis, Moss

yep any no named GM definetly would have done better. :laugh:

I think his comments were directed at all of those people who are quick to say "shut up" when anyone has comments that don't go with the flow of the the coaching staff. What is the point of having a independent mind if you can't use it. This isn't China ya know. I recall the few brave souls willing to disagree with Coach Gibb's playcalling last season being lambasted by the "in crowd" here. All you heard was "shut up,.....he's a HOF coach so his playcalling can't be questioned". That's what they all mush in the faces of those who may have a disagreement. Mind you, everyone was smiles and giggles when we brought Saunders aboard.

I think I have found why everyone, including the Skins, are leaving Dee Webb on the board. I didn't know this.....but just found it while looking at who is left.

"There are concerns regarding his charachter, as he had four guns confiscated in February of 2006 after police responded to reports that shots were fired into an adjacent apartment." This is from his ESPN insider scouting report.

I am psyched that Mcclover is still on the board....

I think what annoys a lot of us is that some posters complain about a pick and then admit they have never seen the guy play :laugh: :laugh:

They look at a stat sheet and see an ESPN analyst say that a guy only runs a 4.7 or needs to work on his technique and then assume right away the guy will be a bust and has no positives to bring to the table.

Obviously, some things are not correctable. A receiver that runs a 4.8 is probably not going to be an NFL player. Not with the speed of the current game.

BUT, a defensive tackle that is strong and willing to work CAN overcome some bad techniques to become an effective NFLer.

I think his comments were directed at all of those people who are quick to say "shut up" when anyone has comments that don't go with the flow of the the coaching staff. What is the point of having a independent mind if you can't use it. This isn't China ya know. I recall the few brave souls willing to disagree with Coach Gibb's playcalling last season being lambasted by the "in crowd" here. All you heard was "shut up,.....he's a HOF coach so his playcalling can't be questioned". That's what they all mush in the faces of those who may have a disagreement. Mind you, everyone was smiles and giggles when we brought Saunders aboard.

but what has been done to be questioned?

and when you know absolutely nothing about the topic, :doh:

some like to question everything no matter what, some are just guys who think they know something, and some are just well........

Yeah these picks suck and Santana Moss cant be as much of an impact player as Coles, and Portis is just a system back, Chris Cooley is too short and slow to be a good TE in the NFL, Mike Sellers is nothing more than a backup fullback, Shawn Springs is just a walking injury, Kellen Winslow Jr. is such better value than Sean Taylor, Mark Brunell doesnt have anything left in him, Joe Gibbs is old and has lost touch with the game, the Redskins will be 4-12 in 2005, Lemar Marshall will never fill the void of Antonio Pierce, Lavar Arrington is the only player we know for sure is a Redskin for life, we will be in cap hell this off season and wont sign any of our free agency targets.

Yeah were so much better at managing this team than the coaches :\

:applause: :applause:

I find it amusing that some want to count so heavily on the opinions of so-called media "experts" who have just been proven so totally wrong in the past two days. I looked through a lot of mock drafts, they were pretty drafty and there may have been some mock in the recipe somewhere but the overwhelming majority were tossed in the crapper once the pickin' actually started.

I look at last years picks in the late rounds and who is still on the roster and who has contributed. I also look at what we are doing this year in the later rounds. I think it speaks for itself. Don't get me wrong, I have followed the Skins and they will always be my team, but when you draft players like we have and there are more talented players out there we could have taken, there's a problem. There are way too many analyst that have other players that have been available that we didn't take.

I really don't get why Vinny makes these picks here, we have depth at defensive tackle and not as much at safety but, other than OLB, which we adressed yesterday, our weakness was at the cornerback positon. Mcpherson from Maryland is out there still, we should take a chance on him.

I'm glad that you brought that up. I would actually like to ask a mod (if there are any around) if this is a temporary thing while the draft is going on?

It is. That hack has been disabled for the Draft. It interfers with the board being able to load correctly when we have high traffic.

I really don't get why Vinny makes these picks here, we have depth at defensive tackle and not as much at safety but, other than OLB, which we adressed yesterday, our weakness was at the cornerback positon. Mcpherson from Maryland is out there still, we should take a chance on him.

Serious question: why do you put the responsibility squarely on Vinny Cerrato? Is there a reason?

Just :2cents: on the recent themes here and even elsewhere in the forum:

The fact that a viewpoint is in the minority, or even totally independent, extends it exactly zero validity. It's no guarantee of merit. And, of course, it doesn't preclude merit. That's not so complex, is it?

Giving proven experts their due, or using them as support for your own argument, is hardly some bad intellectual habit as it is often cast in here, it is simply de rigueur in the sciences and most professions.

Such supportive reference doesn't guarantee one's position is automatically right, either. Independent, even controversial thinking is da bomb.

Generally, it is the folks at the far ends of expression on any topic that are less thoughtful and more emotionally reactive in their opinions, whether they speak briefly in worshipful monosyllables of compliance, or extendedly in well-written eruptions of contrarian self-promotion.

Simply doing the "Gibbs is God" stuff, or saying coaching/personnel moves should never be questioned, eliminates our option to bray at the moon. :)

But seriously, we wouldn't have much of a discussion board if we didn't question things at times. Besides, even should blind luck be the usual reason knowledgeable fans are “right” on a matter that the pros were “wrong” about, it would still count. :D

“Because the coach thinks so” is basically the same as “how can the coach think so?” And like Argentinian war-brides, not every post needs to be fully developed.

To just dismiss or insult someone using how professionals see it to back their stance up, is silly. Using experts to support your point, or openly yielding to their analysis in matters you're unsure of, is logical and reasonable. Mindless following of the herd is a different story. But again, the herd-follower and the contrarian are really two ends of a teeter-totter, agonist to antagonist, much alike though on opposite ends.

Take the caped crusader who has figured it out and dismisses their opposition’s citing of the pros, or a majority of other informed opinions, with contemptuous and whiny protests of "drinking the kool-aid" or "group-think", or use expressions like “you guys” when posting in response to a single poster--I always hear a petulant 9 year-old in my head when I read that.

But that same poster is quick to use a few fellow members who agree as "references". Now that’s logic at its finest. The-bringers-of-light-to-the-unseeing-masses are the perfect balance to the Gibbs is God group, for the two are complimentary.

In the end, your POV is either intelligent or not, supportable or not. If you are going to use references to support your views, the ones that make sense are professionally proven sources, just like it’s done in Grown-Up-Land.

Archived