Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We Need a GM. These picks suck

Lavar5150

:applause:

It's fine to disagree and use your independent mind if you know what the heck you're talking about. Most people out here, the vast majority I would say, myself included, have no idea what they are talking about. They have no clue about talent evaluation, they've barely, if at all, seen these people play, and yet they feel the need to scream and yell about how horrible the people are that do this for a living. Have you ever scouted? Have you ever learned to break down film? The most minute of details are put under a microscope 100 times over. Have you interviewed the potential player personally? If you answered no to all of the above, then shut it, because you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Leave the real work to the big kids and keep playing with your little mock draft toys in your basement, having your armchair GM fantasies.

Besides, it seems to me that most people whining about the picks are just looking at the position. They don't know about the player, don't know what the coaching staff is thinking, don't know how happy the coaches are with our backups, they just see "DT" and fly off the handle because THEY wanted a CB. Who cares what some schmuck sitting in a basement somewhere wants? If he was worth anything, he'd be in one of the team's war rooms doing real work. But he's not. Wonder why?

Whew! Guess that had been building up for a couple of days!

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Can we end this thread now?

Hey man, thats alright. I dont know anything about either of the two too. But, I am intelligent enough to keep my mouth shut.

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, then to open it and remove all doubt".... that quote reminded me of you.:doh:

:laugh: that was funny

I cant help but laugh at these people, we got what we needed the most in a LB. because we didnt get what they wanted they cry all over my new sneakers and think we missed what we needed.

Our coaches know who and what they want, they know the packages on offense and defense, there is a reason we signed the players and positions we did and as we all seen it wasnt to satisfy them :laugh:

I really don't get why Vinny makes these picks here, we have depth at defensive tackle and not as much at safety but, other than OLB, which we adressed yesterday, our weakness was at the cornerback positon. Mcpherson from Maryland is out there still, we should take a chance on him.

McPherson is fast, but scouting reports say he couldn't tackle Madeleine Albright in a phone booth. Thats why. :laugh:

We are fine we just need a better scouting dept. This is what happens when you hire H.S. football coaches as scouts.

wow, you sure have an issue with Don Warren.

He's not only just an ex-High school football coach, but just so happened to play for the guy he is now working for 10-11 years. - Plus, I'm sure being new, he is instructed at what they want him to look for.

Please. Last years draft sucked. We drafted the same guy 3 times. Broughton terrible, White no factor.

I have seen the guy from Minn play and he was a complete no factor.

Gibbs needed beathard and he needs a real GM now.

Anyone who uses Lavar in their name should be banned from this forum. It is obvious someone who doesn't know anything about the players that are picked, yet want's to ***** about the people who picked them, needs to write us a check, and move on to another team!

Please. Last years draft sucked. We drafted the same guy 3 times. Broughton terrible, White no factor.

I have seen the guy from Minn play and he was a complete no factor.

Gibbs needed beathard and he needs a real GM now.

I will say the following and then keep my mouth shut:

#1. You are entitled to your opinion.

#2. In all honesty, you made yourself look really silly when you started this thread (mainly because you had no substance/evidence/fact behind your reasoning). My advice would have been to stop there and cut your losses. In my estimation, you are digging a bigger hole for yourself right now and not doing many favours for your reputation on a quality website.

#3. Keep this in mind. Any team relying on 5th - 7th rounders to legitimately come in and actively contribute immediately is in DEEP trouble. The moral of the story: relax with what is being done in these rounds. The worst case scenario is that our late picks ride off into the sunset like probably a large percentage of picks in these rounds. However, getting rid of personnel because they potentially can't find guys in rounds 5 - 7 is completely ridiculous.

#4. For the time being, if some of these late round picks (particularly Doughty and Simon) can come in, contribute on special teams, and eventually work their way into a few defensive packages, then great. What more can you ask for? Like I said, teams looking for starters in round 5-7 are up a creek.

I have to agree with some of the people on here, but for different reasons. Vinny just seems wrong to me. I cant put a handle on it. I was around when we had Bobby Beathard as our GM, now that man knew how to draft players. I am sure we did the best we could, and honestly, Rocky seems like he may be a good addition to our team, I dont know either way with the others. But, Vinny still seems wrong to me. Go SKINS!

"Besides, it seems to me that most people whining about the picks are just looking at the position. They don't know about the player, don't know what the coaching staff is thinking, don't know how happy the coaches are with our backups, they just see "DT" and fly off the handle because THEY wanted a CB. Who cares what some schmuck sitting in a basement somewhere wants? If he was worth anything, he'd be in one of the team's war rooms doing real work. But he's not. Wonder why?"

and...of course...with unerring regularity..the draft picks pan out just as planned. what? they don't? you mean there is some measure of luck involved? some guesswork? SOME ROOM FOR DIFFERENCES OF OPINION? nahhhh...never........why tolerate difference when, as those short on ideas themselves are wont to do......one can simply shut out the gainsayers! what a novel approach to being open minded!

silly or profound...who really cares? the beauty of a message board is that it brings spirits from multiple planes together to toss ideas around, vent and generally wax philosophic about anything that strikes the fancy. the constant urge to silence by some around here is infinitely more revealing about these people than any "unsupported" argument or feckless outburst about late round draft picks.

"The problem is not disagreeing with the Redskin front office or Joe Gibbs. Its a free country. The problem is uninformed people come on here and blast the draft picks and admit that they know NOTHING about the players picked. These people may have independent minds, but if you have no knowledge about what you speak, you are an idiot."

inmate...you mean like the 90% plus of the population who know nothing about the details of what is going on in Iraq....but still meet on Tailgate and like fora to blast away? are they idiots also? acquiring knowledge (or did you mean "being informed")...and judging who has it...can be a tricky thing.....I may be talking out of turn here....but it would seem that tolerance ought to play somewhere in the equation as a meritricious value.....

anywho...getting back to the draft........who had the better draft: Skins, Philly, Gints or Boys?

anywho...getting back to the draft........who had the better draft: Skins, Philly, Gints or Boys?

Nobody knows at this point. And as much as anyone likes to crow one way or another on how we did nobody knows that either. There are a ton of people on these boards that have their guys that they want because they played at their favorite school or they saw a great high-light play they made or the draft board they saw had them rated as a late first rounder. But the fact of the matter is that even the best scouts and GMs miss with at a fairly high rate so just remember that a good number of you guys threw things at the TV last year when we passed on Mike Williams. Some did it the year before when we passed on the Soldja.

But back to your question we would be the odds on favorites to be last on that list just based on where our picks were. There is a good chance that only a couple of these guys actually have good NFL careers but it also true that we didn't have as many glaring needs as our division rivals.

because?

no one heard of Joe Jacoby, Joe Bostic, Gary Clark, Ricky Sanders, Terry Orr, Raliegh McKenezie, Kurt Guvouia, Stink,... before they suited up and played in the NFL

That's true, but they did know who Bobby Bethard was.

When relevant, such as now, no. I'm not saying that these are or are not great pics, but since the fellows who made the pick have at least scouted, met,(Rocky at least), and watched the players picked they probablyhave at least a tad more knowledge about the players than say, someone who has no idea who these fellows are.

Hit the nail right on the head.

Archived