Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's no Surprise -(I don't trust Gibbs and Williams)!

WilberMarshall48

I'm not even questioning the pick, I hated it at first, but the more its talked about the more I like it, sounds like this guy not only is a real good linemen, but has a great vertical leap and will be a threat to intercept passes over the middle. I just don't like it when fans who disagree with something have their "fanship" questioned, but I know what kind of results Gibbs produces, which is why you will not hear me criticize Gibbs. Like I said, Cerrato is open game fo me though

I hear you, and this has been the topic of many threads here.

WHY OH WHY would you doubt Gibbs? You and everyone on this board hated on JG for Brunell because WE knew better and Gibbs was lost. If you want to doubt him cause your knowledge of talent is better then JG why don't you tryout for coach? We needed a linebacker. Are team is young. Are cap is not blown. Where are the dark years coming from that you foresee? Haven't the Iggles had huge drafts for the last few years? What did that do for them? I'll tell you what it did for them. Gauranteed top 10 pick in next years draft. The draft is overrated and your problem with Gibbs is jealousy that he is the coach and has done nothing but bring the Redskins back from the bottomless pit we were stuck in.

Please quit blaming Cerrato for everything. We didn't give away draft picks the first few years after Danny purchased the team. We started trading away future picks after Gibbs joined the team (remember Bobby Betheard). During Joe's first stint with the Redskins, we traded away future picks just like we're doing now. Salary cap has changed the way teams do business in the NFL. I believe is cheaper to draft and develop your own players than signing high priced free agents.

Some past ExtremeSkins members' thoughts on Rocky McInto...um, I mean, Chris Cooley:

"I think we overpaid for this guy ... next year's second round ... ugh!!!"

"A second round pick? blah. For a TE?"

"Too high a price IMO. 2nd rounders are potential starters."

"A second rounder is far more valuable than a third rounder. Next year we'll be shaking our heads that we traded a friggin second rounder away for a backup TE / H-back."

"every team is dieing for a 4.8+ TE....not....this guy was drafted to do yeoman-like work. he improves us at a position where the talent is thin....but he doesn't elevate the offense to a different plane. this is a big yawner in my opinion."

"Yeah, just looking at the picks for this, we are basicly using next years 2nd for thins guy, and we lose, like 20 spots in the 5th. This guy better be worth it"

:doh: :doh: :doh:

Great find Cali!!! :applause:

Like I said, Cerrato is open game fo me though

Why?

Cerrato and his staff scout the players and prepare the reports. Gibbs pulls the trigger on which player we go after and makes the decision on trades, after of course close evaluation of the prospects by himself and his coaching staff. If somebody doesn't like who we selected or that we gave up too much for him, you must blame Gibbs.

What are you guys smoking. If you think Joe Gibbs is without a plan for getting the skins back to the superbowl you are high. You can't please every fan with the choices you make. Joe Gibbs is a winner in everything he does(racketball,nascar,football).You guys must be young and don't know any better. Don't sweat the small stuff.we'll be superbowl champs again soon.

Wow, at 130 + replies, and 9 pages, I guess this is a lousey thread topic.

I guess we need to close this one :rolleyes:

:laugh: :laugh:

Way to go people, this is what it's all about. Not everybody shares the same opinions on moves by the team, and this is how it should be discussed. My hats off to the people who have contributed to this thread.

Stadium gone to hell my butt :laugh:

:cheers::cheers:

Wow, at 130 + replies, and 9 pages, I guess this is a lousey thread topic.

I guess we need to close this one :rolleyes:

:laugh: :laugh:

Way to go people, this is what it's all about. Not everybody shares the same opinions on moves by the team, and this is how it should be discussed. My hats off to the people who have contributed to this thread.

Stadium gone to hell my butt :laugh:

:cheers::cheers:

Uhhhh. huh huh. Hear that.huh huh. . He said "my butt".

Yeah yeah. He said butt. :silly:

:movefast:

What are you guys smoking. If you think Joe Gibbs is without a plan for getting the skins back to the superbowl you are high. You can't please every fan with the choices you make. Joe Gibbs is a winner in everything he does(racketball,nascar,football).You guys must be young and don't know any better. Don't sweat the small stuff.we'll be superbowl champs again soon.

Racketball??...

I somewhat agree..... When are the Skins going to keep their picks? I feel like we're heading back into the George Allen era!!!! The Skins did great in free agency this off season. Why do the feel they have to trade future picks?

I think it has to do with us having a fairly young core group of players for the most part, and few holes to fill for starting roles. You never know what your gonna get in the draft, short of the top 20 some odd players selected. Even those sometimes come up way short of their projected worth in the NFL. The draft is a crap shot, so If we can move around to get the guy you really want that may fill a need, you go for it.

We've done well with key quality free agents, and a sparce draft thus far. Why change. If it aint broke, don't fix it.

I am hearing far to much of this, always trust the staff BS. Listen Gibbs is the man, but Cerrato doesn't get a free pass, and as a fan why should I give him a free pass if he made a mistake? Some of you act like this is a cult, and you can never question the moves the Redskins make, least you then must be considered not a fan. That is seriously the most convuluted way of thinking I've heard in a while, get a grip.

I'm with you to a point. I was in doubt of Gibbs with the PR/Brunell situation. I was with you on the Lavar situation. However when I stepped back read some posts, did some research and formed an intelligent opinion of the facts I found that most of the moves made were made for good reason.

Bottom line the coaching staff we have assembled is hands down one of the best, if not the best, ever. Easily! Now when all of these coaches make these decisions based on their experience we should at least give them the benefit of the doubt. We have a right as fans to question them but for God sake give them the benefit of the doubt. They make these decisions for the better of our team. We might not always like it but they're the pro's.

Now I too get tired of the camp of Gibbs worshipers simply posting "Gibbs is God shut up and color". If you have something to add to a thread then add it but "Gibbs is God" post's add absolutely no substance to a discussion at all. I'd like to bash some of them in the head with a Joe Gibbs bobble head doll. :D

But did you see what NE gave up to move up ONE PICK AFTER ours (and they were 52)?!

They gave up a 3rd round next year. That's it.

People think we're a cash cow and try to take advantage. And it just doesn't ever seem like the Redskins would ever say "no" to a deal. Close the checkbook for once, and say no if you don't like the deal.

No NEw England gave up a 3rd from this years draft and higher 3rd than ours would have been (And therefore more valuable than our 2d next year).

Guest santana4prez
Some past ExtremeSkins members' thoughts on Rocky McInto...um, I mean, Chris Cooley:

"I think we overpaid for this guy ... next year's second round ... ugh!!!"

"A second round pick? blah. For a TE?"

"Too high a price IMO. 2nd rounders are potential starters."

"A second rounder is far more valuable than a third rounder. Next year we'll be shaking our heads that we traded a friggin second rounder away for a backup TE / H-back."

"every team is dieing for a 4.8+ TE....not....this guy was drafted to do yeoman-like work. he improves us at a position where the talent is thin....but he doesn't elevate the offense to a different plane. this is a big yawner in my opinion."

"Yeah, just looking at the picks for this, we are basicly using next years 2nd for thins guy, and we lose, like 20 spots in the 5th. This guy better be worth it"

:doh: :doh: :doh:

Great Post. It really makes all the talk about giving up next years 2nd Rounder easier to swallow. I love the Rocky pick , he was one of the 3 oor 4 guys I wanted the Skins to get. HTTR and our great Coaching Staff/Front Office!!!

The only mistake that I can see from Gibbs last year was the White instead of Chris Canty pick because first Canty was a projected high second late first if not for the injury AND was a HUGE need, much bigger than White IMO.

I really wanted Canty at the pick as well but I cant call it a mistake til I see Manuel White Jr play. Canty slipped because of an injury and I was pissed the Cowboys picked him up. That said it all worked out because we got Andre Carter.

this team had one noticeable weak spot entering the draft and that was a playmaker at WLB.

for a team that made it to the second round of the playoffs in 2005 to pass up getting that player to complete their offseason upgrades would have been irresponsible.

the Redskins are not the 49ers or the Saints that are MANY players away from having a championship team.

players drafted at RB, WR, CB, DT, etc..... would be backups for the Redskins in 2006.

Howard and McIntosh were available at that spot of the second round and the Redskins got the one they had graded out as being a better player.

I personally liked Howard more. But you can't question the pick itself based on McIntosh's draft evaluation.

He was slated to be a #2 pick or even a late #1 depending upon how the draft went.

To go from #53 to #35 is the kind of jump that usually requires an additional first day pick the next year which is what we gave up.

As far as the #6 pick goes, we still have 5 second day picks. More than enough to find some depth players on the lines and at corner.

Agree...idiotic pick and trade. The Redskins always get bamboozled in trades with Cerrato ate he helm. I still cant believe what we gave up for Jason Campbell.

We got what our coach believes to be a franchise Qb with our #1 this year. If we had not traded our #1 this year for Denvers #1 last year, our need this year would have still been a future Qb and an OLB. Guess what buddy, Jason Cambell graded out higher than any QB the Skins could have drafted @ 22 this year and Mcintosh was the highest graded OLB left if the Skins would have drafted an OLB at 22 this year. If Campbell pans out Gibbs again recertifies himself as football genius and you and Peter King and Pastabelly and all other doubters get to tell me how crow tastes. :2cents:

Who cares, the guy sounds like he's the man for us. You don't trust Gibbs?......Move to Dallas! :doh:

Thanks for bringing so much to the discussion. :doh:

It seems a lot of folks care, being thee's been some fairly good, in depth discussion going on in this thread.

If you don't care that's fine, but why did you bother posting if you don't care?

The reason must of us find it stupid to question our coaching staff? For the past couple years, they have been consistently right, consistently made the right moves, and consistently improved in every area. During Gibbs first year, and part way into the second, I was critical of certain things. But the one thing that stuck out was, Gibbs and company knew their mistakes too, and fixed them all. I quickly learned that, while I was right on a number of subjects, it wouldnt take long for the coaching staff to implement a change in that area. In every single case, either they implemented a change, or it turned out they were the ones who were right. You can criticize Cerrato all you want, but Cerrato is NOT solely responsible for the personel decisions. Its an entire group effort. All decisions regarding this team for the past couple years, made by the coaching staff, have been very very good decisions, and as such, it seems simply foolish and shortsighted to then take one decision and heavily criticize it, before we even know the results.

Considering how much talent the coaching staff has added to this team in the past couple years(stop drawing comparisons to times BEFORE Gibbs and company were here), in both the draft and FA, it seems simply foolish for individuals to try and pick one draft pick, who they havent even seen play before, and say the coaches made a dumb move. Thats what was said when we got moss. Thats what was said when we traded up for Cooley. When will you learn your lesson and stop putting your foot in your mouth?

This "cult" following of Gibbs and company is not a following without merit. The only reason we follow him in all his decisions is because he has proved in the past he is almost always right, and if he isnt, he fixes it quickly. If I had a stockbroker who always picked the right stocks at the right time all the time, id ALWAYS listen to what he had to say, and follow all his decisions. I would simply be foolish not too.

These are the threads we need to start to save for everybody to see and be reminded of. People make these comments about Gibbs and WIlliams. Last year it was about Sean Taylor and Santana Moss. People continue to just doubt the qualities of a Hall of fame coach with 3 super bowl victories. I don't understand it.

I'll tell you what, anybody who disagrees - just post your resume and we'll see if you know enough to even mention the guy's name.

Until then keep quiet or find a new team.

Archived