Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's no Surprise -(I don't trust Gibbs and Williams)!

WilberMarshall48

Post of the day!!!!!!

After all, what in the world does Gibbs know about winning Super Bowls?

We used to have great draft days under Norv, remember? Wanna go back? Shuler and Westbrook looked like great picks on draft day. Some fans sound like they only live for the draft.

Great post! :D :applause:

No rational clearly thinking person can say that we would have gotten Rockey 5-10 picks later. Half of the ENTIRE First round were picks of DLinemen and DBacks. The LBers started going fast. The highest rated LB at pick #35 was *gasp* Rocky. The next highest rated LB? Went at #38, Howard. 3 picks later in case you cant count.
The same Howard that a mock draft (Kipers?) had the Skins taking at 53. Hmmm, maybe all you guys saying that we "clearly" could have gotten Rocky at 53 need to rethink your reliance on mock drafts and look at reality instead. There was a reason Gibbs and Co. made the move they did. Nuff said.

Agree...idiotic pick and trade. The Redskins always get bamboozled in trades with Cerrato at the helm. I still cant believe what we gave up for Jason Campbell.

You people fail to realize the concept of a VALUE CHART. Its not like they just bend us over. I think the Jason Cambell trade was actually great value because Denver was banking on getting a top 10 pick, not 22.

I will simply add that I trust the FO and the coaching staff to determine when a player needs to be drafted so other teams don't select the guy. I will also leave evaluating players to the coaching staff. Williams and Co. determined this is the best LB left for their defense. The FO determined teams were starting to make a run on LBs. The skins executed a trade they felt was reasonable to get a player they wanted.

All the whiners keep saying "we could have gotten him 10 picks later" or whatever, but you can't COUNT on that. If he's the guy you want, you can never say with certainty that he will still be sitting there when you pick. If he is really your guy, you have to move up further to ensure you get him.

I didn't think it was rocket science, but I guess to some people out here, maybe it is.

If you TRULY do NOT trust Gibbs & Co., then I would think you would be second guessing almost EVERYTHING that they do.

I don't always AGREE with what they do, but I DO RECOGNIZE they know just a tad bit more about the players and the workings than I do........so therefore, I HAVE TO TRUST their judgment.

Blondie

wow, people lose faith so quickly in the offseason. what next, gibbs has to 'prove something' to you all before you watch another skins game? gonna turn blue and silver on us?

though truth be told i'm still not in love with ARE... but you'll never see me ****ing or questioning the FO

The Redskins overpay (and overcharge) for everyone and everything!

Do you really think we could not have to Rocky 5-10 picks later?

And to pay what we did for the move-up?

Joe and company didn't seem to think so, and judging by how fast those 2 LB's were picked up and the fact that Oakland took Thomas just a few picks later says maybe not. Who's to say the Oakland wouldn't have picked him up if he was there. There's more than a little assumption being made here about this trade. Based very little on fact and more on speculation. Speculate this. Maybe the Skins could have picked him up later, but then again, maybe they wouldn't have. It's every bit as possible that other teams were looking at Rocky as well and the Skins weren't taking chances.

I don't think some of you are thinking clearly to think McIntosh would have fallen to 53. There was a tremendous run on backers. There were legitimately TWO backers left of any real value, McIntosh and Howard. We picked Rocky. Three picks later Howard went. No backers since. The Raiders obviously would have taken a backer and could have taken our guy. A number of teams could have taken Rocky had we not moved up after Jackson went. The way the draft fell dictated we move up to assure we got the guy we wanted. The team identified McIntosh as the guy they wanted and had trades mapped out with each team in the second round, ready to pull the trigger and make calls based on their internal board showing how many players at each position were falling. Seeing quality backers falling off the board dictated the move.

You can't measure or determine what teams were most successful at drafting in '06 until you give these guys a chance to step onto the field and prove themselves over the course of a few seasons.

In the meantime, measure draft success based on the following criteria: did teams get who they set out to acquire today? According to this, we did well.

That's all I'll say regarding the situation. In the meantime, I welcome Rocky McIntosh to the Washington Redskins and wish him many years of success in the burgundy and gold. We are happy to have you aboard.

What's funny about this post and it's author is that Wilber Marshall was the highest paid LB'er in history after we aquired him from Chicago. If I remember it correctly, I think he was referred to as "the Six Million Dollar Man". Man did we overpay for that schlub, huh?

I was about to say the samething. If I remember correctly we gave Chicago two first round picks for him.

I'm old enough to remember Gibbs' first reign in Washington. And to revere the man as one of the greatest football minds ever.

Yet...in that first year, I began to doubt Gibbs' mulish insistence that Brunell could still play the game despite the evidence before our eyes. Gibbs 1, JDM 0.

In the second year, I was sure Gibbs did the best he could but still lost value trading Coles for Santana Moss. Gibbs 2, JDM 0.

In year 3...I ain't real smart, but I ain't dense enough to keep questioning the man's football acumen. I. Trust. Gibbs. (And. Williams).

um, if you're a true fan, you'll trust joe gibbs' judgement. he wouldnt have agreed to pay that much if he wasnt worth it. obviously we saw something in him that we thought we needed to make sure we would get. but most of all, hes from the U!

First off, *true* fans are objective and don't impulsively tow the company line. I trust Gibbs decisions whole heartedly, but there are legitimate arguments against his logic. Its important for real fans to debate this and not just blindly accept whatever Gibbs says.

And also: f the U! Did you see how Florida State rocked the draft this year. Go Noles! :)

This is more about Synder/Cerrato than Gibbs/Williams.

Can you honestly say that we don't overvalue and overpay players? Seriously.

And who changes people's post titles? That's unprofessional.

Who do you think made the pick? Gibbs and Willians not Cerrato and Snyder. I suggest the the following occurred, Williams said that he wanted this linebacker, and Gibbs OKed it and then agreed that to give up the picks. Did you complain about the what the Skins gave up to get Cooley? Many other just like you were up in arms about giving up a 2nd the next year for him.

Last year we got Campbell for the first this year. Denver got Cutler for that and more. Which QB would you prefer, Cutler, with a losing record, or Campbell.

Not to rain on the Gibbs worship parade but I'll trust Gibbs the coach any day of the week. I'm not too sure about his GM skills. There's a man by the name Bobby Beathard who was in charge of the admin stuff. Gibbs winning Superbowls back in the day, isn't gonna make me say don't question his GM skills today. Obviously Gibbs the coach has gotten to the hall of fame. Not Gibbs the GM. Also even as great a coach as Gibbs is he realizes he needs some help coaching the offense. Its why Al Saunders was hired. But like I said Gibbs the GM I'll always question. This move today better pan out. You can't do what they did and say oops oh well. It needs to work when you go hard to get a guy in that manner.

Agree...idiotic pick and trade. The Redskins always get bamboozled in trades with Cerrato at the helm. I still cant believe what we gave up for Jason Campbell.

Why? So we could pick Omar Jacobs, Brodie Croyle, or maybe Jay Cutler(by trading this years 2nd next years second and next years first to a team like Minny). Then after we draft one of those bust we can start Warrick Holdman at Outside Linebacker. Oh wait, Chris Clemson can start instead...:D :D :laugh: :laugh: :rolleyes:

This was a great move. Becuase like I said before, if we can get DeMeco Ryans, Bobby Carpenter, Thomas Howard, or Roger McIntosh this team could head towards the level of "Elite" instead of "Very Good" or "Good". We honestly have absolutely ZERO holes on our team except depth at Cornerback and can Mark Brunell stay healthy or preform to expectations? And if he dosnt...We have Jason Campbell.

Archived