Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's no Surprise -(I don't trust Gibbs and Williams)!

WilberMarshall48

It all comes down to supply and demand....we would have never been able to pick Rocky at 53!!!! Gibbs and Williams had a void to fill for the LB position....so they went and got the player who they felt will fit with this team and system. It's amazing, some guys within this site want certain players on this team or the other way, dont want certain players or hate to give up future picks....some also say we spend too much money...or...we dont spend enough to keep certain players who Gibbs never targeted....LOL!!!! I feel like I'm listening to a bunch of whiners who have nothing better to do other than B!#&H and complain!!!!!..please keep in mind...you and I have no idea what it takes to build a team let alone a superbowl calabar team....guess what...JOE GIBBS does understand what it takes .......I know this because I witnessed this fact during the Glory days in the 80's (gibbs first time around)..our HOF coach is a genius and knows player personal .....all you guys complaining about this coaching staff....need to take a chill pill

Yo Adrian Rocky's gonna light rb's up like christmas trees. If he can chase chickens, knock out Apollo creed, and go to the U he's good enough for me. A d r i a n

Please this guy put up solid #'s and had a good combine who cares about next years second round pick we'll trade our 2008 picks for one if we want a player. The key is want we (williams Gibbs Redskins fans) and we got him.

Talk about starting wlb. Rocky take him to the mat.

A d r i a n !!!!!

I love it :laugh:

And while you're at it Rocky, ****slap that loudmouth Paulie.....guy posts waaaay too much!

Nah, no close...this will be the official "omg, no!" wet-your-diaper thread

We have to admitt that Gibbs doesnt know what hes doing :doh:

We been starving for a winning team with good players and whats he do? he trades our #1 reciever Coles for some 3rd stringer named Moss last year. Then 2 years ago brings in some one named Portis, drafts a no name Cooley, then when we think hes finaly lost it he gets some over rated safety's named Sean Taylor and some Arch dude. Were so doomed now, we will never have a winning season under Joe Gibbs :cry:

I don't trust Gibbs and Williams

How can you start a post with the above statement? I will trust any coach that brought us to 4 SB's, Winning 3 with 3 different QB's! Joe Gibbs did not have to come back to the B&G, he could have gone anywhere and punched his own ticket.

How can you not trust a man that basically said that the only team he ever wanted to coach was the Redskins!! JG is a HOF coach and in only his 2nd year back has brought us back to respectability and most of us are pounding our chests once again and thinking SB once again!!! He is building this team in his mold with toughness and character...What's not to like? What is your gauge on the trust factor. He got rid of a malcontent in L. Coles and every writer and some of our own fans laughed at how the Coles for Moss trade was a disaster for us.... How is smiling now????

How about getting GW to coach the defence and checking his ego at the door and hiring Al Saunders??? That showed just how badly he wants to win!!! JG wants Redskin type players that won't quit on him in the 4th qtr.

Tell me what team really thought it was a picnic playing against us last year? I would say NONE!! Ask the Seahawk fans if they had to change their pants a few times in the playoff game against us. I bet their change of clothes was not needed against powerful Carolina(Over by halftime)!!!

JG is smart, he has brought in FA that are young and proven and can help us for years to come. Let's see how is Taylor Jacobs working out or M. Westbrook or D Howard to name a few??? I will take Randel El, LLoyd, Archaletta and Carter(All young and proven) over the crap shoot that is the draft. Teams will be pattering themselves after us and wondering why no-one thought of this sooner.

JG is a winner and is proven unlike Parcells who has no loyalty to anyone... If Parcells were our coach I could understand the mistrust. The moment JG was signed he gave us back instant integrity. He surrounded himself with the best minds in the game and players that are not "ME" types... Hey Coles... How do U like the Jets now?????

I just don't see what JG has done that would make you mis-trust him. Most of the moves that he has made have been the right thing to do... People bring up the Ramsey issue and said that JG did not give him a chance. If you know Gibbs he does not tolerate turning the ball over and PR was inconsistent and turned the ball over way too much!!

Hail to the Redskins!!! and I am thankful that he is back and as far as I'm concerned has already restored pride back into our storied franchise!!!

Do you really think we could not have to Rocky 5-10 picks later?

You have to understand that moving up to get him was because they were afraid he wouldn't be there by the time we got to pick. You look and realize that the next 2 teams sitting at picks 36 and 37 both traded to get into those positions. Obviously meaning they were there for a reason and were not about to move, making pick 35 the likely choice to attempt to move into. Then you see that the Raiders with pick 38, which they did NOT trade into, chose an OLB. I can almost guarantee you that had we not moved up, he would have been gone to Oakland.

In conclusion, I think the move made perfect sense. As far as what we paid to move up to get him, only time will tell if it was worth as much as we gave.

I wonder how many people would have thought we overgave in our draft picks for Rocky, had NFL network and ESPN not said so? I prefer not to criticize the powers that be at Redskin Park, and trust their judgement in this situation. And I am certainly not going to listen to the media. They all said Reggie Bush was a sure fire #1 draft pick. Go SKINS!

I have a difficult time not trusting Gibbs/williams, not only based on their history, but also based on their picks over the past 2 years. Portis, Taylor, Brunell, Moss, Washinton, Daniels, Griffin, Rogers, Patten, Cambell, Lloyd, R. el, Carter......oh yeah, and they finally got rid of that lb who didnt do anything.

You obviously don't get it. Future draft picks simply represent currency that can be used in the current year to get a player you want. Say we see a player next year in the second round that we want. We'll leverage our third round pick plus a pick from 2008 to go get that player. As long as we're using free agency to keep the rest of the team strong - who really cares? I'd be much more upset if we hadn't added players at WR, depth at corner and depth at OL thru free agency. However, we did all of that and were able to snag a good player at a position where we were weak. Seems like a good, smart offseason to me.

actually the trading of a next year's pick to acquire an additional player THIS year or to move up to take a targeted player is exactly what Bobby Beathard OFTEN did in helping to build the Redskins into the Super Bowl contender they were for many years :)

the key is to make sure you are acquiring players you have scouted adequately to ensure they are contributors on your football team and that the swapping of picks does not go beyond the next season.

The trouble George Allen got into was at the end he was trading picks 3 and 4 years down the road. THAT is when you know your system has gotten out of control and you face some years of rebuilding.

Look at the Broncos moving up for Jay Cutler. Some scouts and draft bugs have this guy as a solid NFL qb but not a star or major force. Yet, the Broncos traded up and gave up the extra pick.

But obviously Shanahan thought he was worth the price given his own scouting of the player :)

Why don't we wait and see what McIntosh does here before we criticize.

If Williams and Lindsay think this guy is a comer at LB that's a pretty good endorsement to me :D

2004 - Taylor over Winslow. That looks like a good decision based on the production we have seen out of both players to date.

2005 - Ending up with Carlos Rogers instead of PacMan Jones or Antrelle Rolle. The Redskins stayed at #9 and allowed the best of the cornerbacks in the draft to come to them with the last of the three top picks. Jones could be a major bust and Rolle is a slow corner by NFL standards, running a 4.55.

I really think there he would've still been there at 53. if not, there would be the same value in talent in another player. We gave this yrs 3rd ( which i think the same talent is there) and next yrs 2nd.....WAAAAAYYYYYYY too much for that dude. He's a good pick and glad we havae him ,,,, but the price was too high.

They did what they had to do to secure the player that Gibbs and Williams wanted. There's no guarantee that Rocky would have been available at 53. I don't know, I guess I just trust their decisions.

I don't think he would have stayed put until then. I think they had to do it, and I'm glad they did. :D

Defensive stars were going in droves. There was barely any LB talent going into the 35th round. Its pretty damn unlikely half the teams of the NFL would pass on one of the best defensive players left.

We had a glaring hole in the LB department and we could snag a promising one. We may have paid a lot for him, but he was definitely worth it.

Agree...idiotic pick and trade. The Redskins always get bamboozled in trades with Cerrato at the helm. I still cant believe what we gave up for Jason Campbell.

I thought the pick to get Sean Taylor (right when we got him) was the best one since Darrell Green. Last year they went for the 2 positions I felt we needed the most before the draft. And I was satisfied with who they picked. Still am. This year they took a different course from where I thought they would go, but I like Rocky and I think he'll add a good dimension to our defense. I also feel he would have probably been off the boards had we not traded up. Our defense took a notch up. Which is good.

I really think there he would've still been there at 53. if not, there would be the same value in talent in another player. We gave this yrs 3rd ( which i think the same talent is there) and next yrs 2nd.....WAAAAAYYYYYYY too much for that dude. He's a good pick and glad we havae him ,,,, but the price was too high.

Huh? A 3rd rounder this year and next years 2nd? Not for Rocky we didn't. Maybe there is something I'm just not following in this post.:(

It's unfortunate that you don't have the trust in a man who has nothing but success in anything he does with regards to sport.

I'll be the first to admit that when it comes to the draft, it's probably my weakest area of "understanding"... however from watching, reading and listening to what has happened today, my response to your comments about overpaying are this:

1) You don't know if we have over valued or overpaid someone. They have not played for us yet. Therefore we have no clue what they can do. Therefore, in this respect, I trust that Gibbs and Co. know what they are doing and know something about a particular player that perhaps we don't. Never will 100% of players you draft/get in free agency pan out. But that's what the coaches and scouts get paid for... evaluating talent. As a fan, I may disagree with something.. or might be surprised at something, but no one will ever hear me say "I don't trust Gibbs and Co.". I do. If I don't agree, I just say.. they obviously know something I don't. And usually, that's exactly the case.

2) As far as being a cash cow.. are you in the war room listening to everything? How do you know that they don't say no to deals? My bet is that they say no plenty of times. Again.. In Gibbs I Trust. That's not even a fair statement to state that they can't say no to a deal unless you are in the room listening. That's a harsh assumption to make.

3) It was obvious that LBs were going. Gibbs and Williams had their eye on a player that they felt wouldn't drop to #53. So they did what was necessary to secure the player they felt would benefit the Redskins.

Gibbs is all about TEAM. And character.. and getting the most out of a player.

A little bit of trivia for you... something Gibbs started in Nascar... the pit crews now have their names on the uniforms... they didn't before Gibbs entered Nascar. Gibbs did that. He felt that the pit crew members were just as important as the drivers. Now every pit crew does it. That's the importance Gibbs places on TEAM.

His moves, both in free agency and the draft, I feel are building a TEAM that has the kind of character that we saw back in the "first" Gibbs' era.

In Gibbs I Trust.

I thought the pick to get Sean Taylor (right when we got him) was the best one since Darrell Green. Last year they went for the 2 positions I felt we needed the most before the draft. And I was satisfied with who they picked. Still am. This year they took a different course from where I thought they would go, but I like Rocky and I think he'll add a good dimension to our defense. I also feel he would have probably been off the boards had we not traded up. Our defense took a notch up. Which is good.
And if we didnt get Rocky then that means we were stuck with Holdman and still no depth at the LB position.

It's unfortunate that you don't have the trust in a man who has nothing but success in anything he does with regards to sport.

I'll be the first to admit that when it comes to the draft, it's probably my weakest area of "understanding"...

The way it looks its everyone elses too even though they dont want to admitt it, and to think so many still listen to those idiot analist who cant even predict a game right, much less then a draft that they have NO idea about.

In just 2 years we were 2 games away from the Superbowl under Gibbs, I think I will trust his decision over any fans or analist.

I have stopped listening the any expert who says the Redskins are about to hit salary cap hell. That does not concern me. However, I am concerned with the amount of draft picks we've traded away. I was really glad we got Campbel last year and Im excited we have Rocky now, but it does seem we gave up a lot for each player. i dont know how much faith to put in that 'Trade Value Chart' but we overpaid significantly according to that and it seems other teams dont necessarily give up that much.

Im concerned that Gibbs may mortgage the future (when he won't be around) in order to build a winner now. I'll promise one thing though, I have no problem with it if we actually win the Super Bowl within the next 3 years.

how can you be a fan of this team and not trust JG? any pick in the draft is a gamble and anyone with any sense knows that. you should know by now that JG prefers to use the free agency to fill holes, and you should also know that joe is an incredible scout for talent. remember.................. JOEKNOWS!!!!

Archived