Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's no Surprise -(I don't trust Gibbs and Williams)!

WilberMarshall48

Agree...idiotic pick and trade. The Redskins always get bamboozled in trades with Cerrato at the helm. I still cant believe what we gave up for Jason Campbell.

I don't know, the Jason Campbell trade looks even better a year later.

The concern last year was that we were trading away the 2006 #1 which we all feared might turn into another top 10 or worse, top 5 pick. Thankfully it didn't and we got a headstart on grooming our QB of the future.

As for this year, I'm uncomfortable parting with next year's 2nd round pick too, but I'm very pleased with the player we selected. If the Skins are as good as we all hope they'll be next year, it'll be a 50 something pick again and the price won't seem as steep.

Agree...idiotic pick and trade. The Redskins always get bamboozled in trades with Cerrato at the helm. I still cant believe what we gave up for Jason Campbell.

When Campbell leads us to a Superbowl in a few years, you'd better not be singing his praises then. I swear, some people must think that Gibbs and his coaching staff make decisions without thinking about it. So what did we give up for this pick? A sixth rounder this year and a second next year; hardly seems like a massive trade. I think I'll rely on Gibbs' and Williams' scouting abilities over yours.

:2cents:

gibbs knows what hes doing, we still have our 1st and 3rd next year. were a solid team, so we dont have many holes to fill- rocky fills one of our holes, so we went out and got him. i agree the price was a little steep, but at least we got our 1st rounder still.

The Redskins overpay (and overcharge) for everyone and everything!

Do you really think we could not have to Rocky 5-10 picks later?

And to pay what we did for the move-up?

It's the same thing we did last year for Jason C. We did not need to move up so many spots to get him.

We're over-valuing players in the draft, and free agency (Antwaan, for example).

I mean, OK Synder (Redskins), we get it. You love to spend money... but be smart! Don't over-value and don't overpay. You could have waited more picks to trade up for Rocky and you could have given less for it. Why do I care? Cause we're the ones paying the price for these blunders @ 119 a ticket.

Eventually all of this is going to catch up to us. We can't keep overextending ourselves by pulling magic to get under the cap and trade away picks like their free candy. Eventually we're gonna have to say, "You know what, let's just be like a normal team this year and not trade up and pay for what we did the year before. We put ourselves in this place, we gave away our pick." EVENTUALLY this system will collapse under its own bloated weight... Obviously we're trying to win now, but after Gibbs leaves there are going to be DARK years around here as we pay the price.

Well, considering that all the OLB went off the board like Dqwell and Howard, if we wanted a OLB, we had to move up there. According to the draft value chart, we did not overpay really. To move up 18 picks in the second round is big when you have to trade a pick from 2007, especially in a deep draft where alot of first round talent is spilling into the top of the second, but may not last to 53.

Also consider, most agree our picks will be in the last part of each round. Our second round pick from 2007 hopefully will be more like a high third round pick, and it will have to come a year later. That factors into the equation.

But did you see what NE gave up to move up ONE PICK AFTER ours (and they were 52)?!

They gave up a 3rd round next year. That's it.

People think we're a cash cow and try to take advantage. And it just doesn't ever seem like the Redskins would ever say "no" to a deal. Close the checkbook for once, and say no if you don't like the deal.

But did you see what NE gave up to move up ONE PICK AFTER ours (and they were 52)?!

People think we're a cash cow and try to take advantage. And it just doesn't ever seem like the Redskins would ever say "no" to a deal. Close the checkbook for once, and say no if you don't like the deal.

So a 2nd rounder vs a 3rd rounder next year is more important then getting the player we want?

how can you say that? they may not have done much yet, but JC hasnt proven you RIGHT yet? he hasnt even taken a snap yet.

maybe i should have said best QB for the redskins :silly: ?

Alex was the first pick on the draft... he didnt quite impress... 1td, 11 ints

Aaron based on some articles and reports didnt impress either, dont remember any pre season highlights.

Jason did not even play so he did not dissapoint me yet :cool:

Sure fire ways to spot a knucklehead on a message board?

1) Puts age as 80, when the actual age is probably closer to 8.

2) Writes "in before close" in a thread that never had a chance of being closed. Or in any thread, for that matter.

3) Choses "Stinky Puppy" as his handle.

:)

You make a valid piont, but you don't know how it went down. Obviously, the Redskins paid to jump over NE because they both wanted OLB. What if both Washington and NE wanted McIntosh and there was a bidding war, which we won. Alternately, NE moved up because there was not as big a bidding war and paid less for a lower pick.

I think the Redskins know who they want and will pay well for it. It does suck because it seems we give up too much, but it is really player specific. If Gibbs and Williams feel McIntosh is worth alot more than Howard, it will be worth it.

I have no problem with the pick itself. Rocky will be excellent in Williams' defense. I just didn't like the idea of giving up next year's second-rounder for him. Until the system Gibbs is employing wins us some Super Bowls, I'm always going to complain about giving up too many draft picks for players.

The Redskins overpay (and overcharge) for everyone and everything!

Do you really think we could not have to Rocky 5-10 picks later?

And to pay what we did for the move-up?

It's the same thing we did last year for Jason C. We did not need to move up so many spots to get him.

We're over-valuing players in the draft, and free agency (Antwaan, for example).

I mean, OK Synder (Redskins), we get it. You love to spend money... but be smart! Don't over-value and don't overpay. You could have waited more picks to trade up for Rocky and you could have given less for it. Why do I care? Cause we're the ones paying the price for these blunders @ 119 a ticket.

Eventually all of this is going to catch up to us. We can't keep overextending ourselves by pulling magic to get under the cap and trade away picks like their free candy. Eventually we're gonna have to say, "You know what, let's just be like a normal team this year and not trade up and pay for what we did the year before. We put ourselves in this place, we gave away our pick." EVENTUALLY this system will collapse under its own bloated weight... Obviously we're trying to win now, but after Gibbs leaves there are going to be DARK years around here as we pay the price.

:notworthy :applause: :notworthy

Actually, check your facts there buddy. The Patriots gave up this year's 52nd pick as well as THIS YEAR'S (Not next year's) 75th pick. This is typical in that if you trade a pick in next year's draft it is usually worth a round less than this year's draft. For example, a First Round Pick in 2007 would have the same value as a second rounder this year. Check the charts, it was a good value trade for us.

If you don't believe me that NE traded this year's 75th, check this link (it is the 7th one down)-

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2424139

I will admit I was a little surpirsed by picking McIntosh, but Gibbs sounded like this was the man they had targeted all along. I have some faith that the coaching staff can make him into a player. You should too.

I do believe that the poster of this thread is showing his senility <----(could be a Bushism). At any rate, I think that moving up to grab a linebacker is not the worst thing in the world and he could be starting by the end of the year. I would have liked them to solidify a solid o lineman, but I can live with defensive player. I guess we are just trying to get more [__] players here in washington. Obviously they haven't let us down yet and neither has Joe Gibbs thus far, so I am going to be in for the long hall no matter what happens.

We just have a different philosophy when it comes to building a team. We focus on free agency to feel needs, and approach the draft with keying a select number of players worth trading up to get, and then sign them to long term seven year like deals.

We also prefer to give up med round draft selections, for up and coming players that have proven themselves in the nfl example -- Lloyd.

We filled the one glaring need we have on defense, another outside linebacker. I mean those that get mad us each year, know this is how the Redskins do it.

We added to an already good defense, Archelleta, Carter, and McIntosh, all upgrades.

And our biggest acquisition, Al Saunders. Thus far a great offseason.

I'm happy.

Yo Adrian Rocky's gonna light rb's up like christmas trees. If he can chase chickens, knock out Apollo creed, and go to the U he's good enough for me. A d r i a n

Please this guy put up solid #'s and had a good combine who cares about next years second round pick we'll trade our 2008 picks for one if we want a player. The key is want we (williams Gibbs Redskins fans) and we got him.

Talk about starting wlb. Rocky take him to the mat.

A d r i a n !!!!!

Until the system Gibbs is employing wins us some Super Bowls, I'm always going to complain about giving up too many draft picks for players.

Post of the day!!!!!!

After all, what in the world does Gibbs know about winning Super Bowls?

We used to have great draft days under Norv, remember? Wanna go back? Shuler and Westbrook looked like great picks on draft day. Some fans sound like they only live for the draft.

No rational clearly thinking person can say that we would have gotten Rockey 5-10 picks later. Half of the ENTIRE First round were picks of DLinemen and DBacks. The LBers started going fast. The highest rated LB at pick #35 was *gasp* Rocky. The next highest rated LB? Went at #38, Howard. 3 picks later in case you cant count.

Here you try and say we cnat keep getting under the cap, with no evidence whatsoever except that we HAVE DONE IT EVERY YEAR. Is that rational? You try and say our coaches dont know what they are doing when we just had the best year our franchise has had since Gibbs first left, and we have made the biggest offseason move of any team(Saunders). Is that rational?

Archived