Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Favorite Pink Floyd studio album

OrangeSkin

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I have to say Wish You Were Here is my favorite; what a great tribute to Syd Barrett. Followed by Animals and then Dark Side of The Moon.

Btw, this performance of "Great Gig in the Sky" (Venice, 1989) has always blown me away. Margaret Taylor, Durga McBroom and Rachel Fury were incredible. Wish I had been there.

Musically........Animals is their greatest accomplishment. Though my favorite song of theirs is Fearless (Meddle).

Meddle is my favorite album, with Animals right behind it. Fearless is probably my close second to a favorite song, but Wish you were here is a song I learned in jail at one of the worst times in my life and it held me off of rock bottom.

I just find Meddle and Animals to be just absolutely perfect albums. I don't think one song on Animals would make a top 25 or maybe even 50 songs from PF, but the album kills it. Beautiful Just having fearless on Meddle gives it the slight edge for me.

The song Wish you were here may be my favorite song, but for albums, those two take it.

Animals for me, Wish you were here brings up some deep personal feelings. One of the most innovative bands ever!

Same here. Dogs is one of my favorite songs. Wish You Were here hits me hard as well (first mushroom "trip" I listened to it the whole time)

I have to say Wish You Were Here is my favorite; what a great tribute to Syd Barrett. Followed by Animals and then Dark Side of The Moon.

If you mean the song Wish You Were Here is not actually about Syd (though Dave Gilmour says he can't perform the song without thinking of Syd). Shine on Crazy Diamond is the song (s) on that album which is about Syd. The album is about absence in general - but I guess thats not a bad metaphor for Syds life.

I love Floyd - amazing sound scapes and some great lyrics - 'hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way' is one of the best lines every written (I'm English and that line just sums us up as a nation perfectly!) I voted for Meddle though - love Echos and that album pointed the way to the direction which led to Dark Side. There are some underrated songs on side 1 as well, Fearless being a favorite of mine.

If you mean the song Wish You Were Here is not actually about Syd (though Dave Gilmour says he can't perform the song without thinking of Syd). Shine on Crazy Diamond is the song (s) on that album which is about Syd. The album is about absence in general - but I guess thats not a bad metaphor for Syds life.

Yeah I meant the album as a whole is a nod to Syd and absence as you said, with Shine on Crazy Diamond being the song written specifically about Syd.

Animals. But it's close. That is one hell of a run of albums - Meddle, Dark Side, WYWH, Animals, The Wall

Pink Floyd is incredible...I'm happy to come across a thread like this.

Listening to Dark Side of the Moon simultaneously with watching The Wizard of Oz is what got me started on my Pink Floyd love affair. That collection of songs is one of my favorite's of all time. My vote for best Pink Floyd record remains with Dark Side...but The Wall come in second, largely in part to Gilmoure's solo during Comfortably Numb.

I know what you mean. I can't listen to Dark Side of the Moon now without Wizard of Oz playing in my head.

I know those are old posts, but for anyone who hasn't seen it, Dark Side + Oz is absolute garbage compared to Echoes and the end of 2001. Dark side/Oz is lighthearted entertainment. Echoes/2001 is a stunning masterpiece of emotion and atmosphere (and, for the Oz fans, there are a handful of lyrics that seem to reference what is going on in the movie and onscreen).

Here's a poor quality version, properly synched http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1447901706634101739 As far as I know, all the versions on youtube have either been taken down or are hopelessly out of synch.

to do it yourself, line up the first "ping" from Echoes with the title screen Jupiter And Beyond The Infinite (just after Hal dies). Then strap in

If you're skeptical at the beginning, wait until the section between 5:00 and 7:00. You won't be any more.

The Final Cut, if I have to pick. The Wall is amazing but too long!!
I voted for the Dark Side of The Moon.

The most underrated album is The Final Cut.

i'm with the minority opinion that the final cut is really good.

i'm also in the minority with my opinion of DSOM. i dont dislike it, just not sure if i love it. not sure if its just been overhyped (as final cut has been underhyped) and i'm a contrarian or what.

its funny i like the final cut so much since i'm more of a gilmore fan that a roger waters fan. loved seeing 'the wall' last year, even though waters apparently lip synced at least some of it.

and i do like the division bell and momentary lapse too.

i'm with the minority opinion that the final cut is really good.

i'm also in the minority with my opinion of DSOM. i dont dislike it, just not sure if i love it. not sure if its just been overhyped (as final cut has been underhyped) and i'm a contrarian or what.

its funny i like the final cut so much since i'm more of a gilmore fan that a roger waters fan. loved seeing 'the wall' last year, even though waters apparently lip synced at least some of it.

and i do like the division bell and momentary lapse too.

If you like The Final Cut better than Dark Side Of The Moon you most certainly are in the minority.

Archived