Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Favorite Pink Floyd studio album

OrangeSkin

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Thats pretty wild that you posted this tonight, seeing as how I'm currently in the middle of listening to 5 (yes five) of my Floyd cd's. It's my first week as the overnight pharmacist at my store, and I brought 5 Floyd cd's to get me through the night.

Anyway........

I voted for Dark Side. That album has my favorite Floyd song of all time (Us & Them) plus many, many other good tracks. I'd have to say my second favorite album is Wish You Were Here, followed by Meddle, then Animals.

Dark Side of the Moon for personal reasons, I got swept up and taken to see them on that tour..... Animals might be second since we shot down one of the pigs in Cleveland two days before I enlisted (and I didn't get the pig either!)

Dark Side of the Moon is my favorite, but I only own that and The Wall so I don't have a very broad basis for comparison. I'm looking to expand my Floyd collection though - any recommendations on what I should pick up next?

I have to go with Dark Side too, it's one of the best albums of all time. My story was seeing them at the Sunbowl in El Paso (back in the day) with a little help in the way of making colors brighter. :paranoid: The Sunbowl is an open stadium in the middle of a mountain. Right at the start of Dark Side the song, the full moon rose above the mountain edge. Freaky Deaky.

dfitzo, The first two you should add should be Animals and Wish You Were Here.

for me it's the wall

saw them play it at earls court in london but would have loved too see syd barrett play

meet dave gilmour at an air show about 7 years ago i was a little drunk as there was a free bar went up to him and said hello dave as if i had known him for years we had a great conversation jolly good chap :)

Pink Floyd is incredible...I'm happy to come across a thread like this.

Listening to Dark Side of the Moon simultaneously with watching The Wizard of Oz is what got me started on my Pink Floyd love affair. That collection of songs is one of my favorite's of all time. My vote for best Pink Floyd record remains with Dark Side...but The Wall come in second, largely in part to Gilmoure's solo during Comfortably Numb.

Pink Floyd is incredible...I'm happy to come across a thread like this.

Listening to Dark Side of the Moon simultaneously with watching The Wizard of Oz is what got me started on my Pink Floyd love affair. That collection of songs is one of my favorite's of all time. My vote for best Pink Floyd record remains with Dark Side...but The Wall come in second, largely in part to Gilmoure's solo during Comfortably Numb.

I know what you mean. I can't listen to Dark Side of the Moon now without Wizard of Oz playing in my head.

What, no choice for Obscured By Clouds?

1.Division Bell

2. Meddle

3 Obscured by Clouds/Wish You Were Here (tie)

Love a couple tracks off Ummagumma (Astronomy Domine and Careful with that Ax Eugene), but the rest is dreck. Love 4 songs off The Wall (Comfortably Numb, Hey You, Young Lust, Run Like Hell), but HATE the rest of the album. I could pretty much live without anything else by them.

• 6 years later...
What are your thoughts on Animals?

I am not sure who your question is pointed at, but I love Animals, especially 'Dogs.' I think it is one of their more underrated albums, when compared to the mainstream opinion anyways. I find that people that enjoy music a bit more than the average really love the album. In fact, most of the mainstreamers have never heard of it. Not trying to knock anyone, just people that search for good music constantly seem to really love the album while others just yell 'Dark Side of the Moon.' That is not to say that people do not genuinely like Dark Side more, I believe they do, Dark Side is an absolutely fantastic album. In fact, I am surprised that someone said 'The Final Cut,' which I think is an awful album. In fact, I haven't listened to it in years. But, I love the opinion.

Plus it inspired songs such as this (radio edit):

I personally love 'Wish You Were Here.'

Archived