Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Attributes do you need in a Mate?

Mass_SkinsFan

Predicto, it WASN'T going to happen. Her family was like 3 generations deep in Cowboys fans. Some relative of hers worked at the stadium. She thought Troy Aikman was the sexiest man on the planet. Joe Gibbs was just some dumb souther hick NASCAR owner so far as she was concerned.

There are just certain things that CAN'T be overcome, no matter how hard you try.

Maybe. But it pains me to see someone abandoned to the void like that. Even if there was the tiniest chance she could be saved, it would be worth trying.

ahhh who am I kidding?

Not only don't I enjoy it.... I don't DO IT.

If you've seen any of my posts over in The Stadium, you know I'm not real big on the "team concept" players. I don't do "sacrifice" real well and I never have. I've got to much of that investment vs. return philosophy to really buy into that.

I'll be honest- I've shared a very analytical view of relationships in the past, and I'm not completely clear how much I've shed that bland dispassionate viewpoint sometimes. Regardless, though, a good friend of mine had the same viewpoint in college back in the late 90s... now he's getting married.

You might have to leave the door open a crack, but you might be surprised. Sometimes, even when you think you've closed the door, it gets opened for you.

The one thing you can be confident you know is that you don't know what will happen in the future.

Wow mass...didn't actually think you would do it. Like I said before, I respect that you're not willing to compromise. My only question is this...how can someone who seems to be fairly religious dismiss the love between a man and a woman so easily?

If you hadn't caught on yet, I'm a controlling SOB. I want and expect things done MY way, on MY scedule. Especially in my own home. If they aren't, I tend to get more than a little tempermental. I also HATE having to repeat myself on what is expected. The "outsourcing" sounds like a neat idea until you realize that most of the companies involved in that sort of business that I've ever had to deal with have a reputation for not necessarily being the most thorough and/or detail oriented. Unless you really pay the BIG bucks. Whereas a wife would hopefully be able to understand the concepts and carry through with them on a much more regular basis. Doing them myself, to my requirements, is the middle ground in the situation.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

MSF ... I will give you a lot of credit. You know what you want and you sure are not afraid to let people know it. The fact that you're so open and honest about it all is refreshing simply because of your blunt honesty.

On a serious note, I appreciate that you shared your story. I apologize if I came off as being insensitive or as being a beeotch - but I'm a bit opinionated if you haven't already picked up on that!!! ;)

I won't get all preachy here ... but I will tell you a little bit. I'm not exactly the most religious person, and I've been through a little bit in my short 26 years of existance. What I experienced isn't anything similar to the situation that you have dealt with, but I've come to realize two things.

God does not give you anything that you cannot handle.

Everything happens for a reason ... you may not know the reason ... but there is a reason .... It could be as simple as to teach you your strengths and weaknesses, to teach you a lesson ... Anything.

I'm glad that you found that you can talk to people and share your story with us folks here on ES. You'd be surprised at how many GENUINE relationships and friendships have been formed ... from this group ... and it's all because of our love for the Skins.

And now ... you have to come and meet all of us this season ... at one of the tailgates ... so we can see how controlling and tempermental you really are!!! :D

No. Though I can see how it would have come across that way. What would be immoral would be for me to abandon my values and expectations simply for the opportunity to be with someone on either a short-term or long-term basis.

If you hadn't caught on yet, I'm a controlling SOB. I want and expect things done MY way, on MY scedule. Especially in my own home. If they aren't, I tend to get more than a little tempermental. I also HATE having to repeat myself on what is expected. The "outsourcing" sounds like a neat idea until you realize that most of the companies involved in that sort of business that I've ever had to deal with have a reputation for not necessarily being the most thorough and/or detail oriented. Unless you really pay the BIG bucks. Whereas a wife would hopefully be able to understand the concepts and carry through with them on a much more regular basis. Doing them myself, to my requirements, is the middle ground in the situation.

I hope you weren't offended by my questions. After I looked at them, I didn't like how they might sound. It does seem that way to me because I believe that all morality is based in love (ie, love your neighbor as yourself). I think love is more about your interactions with others then emotions, though.

My background is in economics, I'm always thinking in terms of opportunity cost. I don't think a wife is much more capable to carry out your requirements than any 'outsource' you find at any less opportunity cost (of course, she may deal better with 'scope creep'). Also, with a wife, you're talking about some big exit costs :laugh:

And now ... you have to come and meet all of us this season ... at one of the tailgates ... so we can see how controlling and tempermental you really are!!! :D

I agree!! Mass you must join us at a tailgate if you ever make it down for a game. :cheers:

Some fellas look at the eyes

Some fellas look at the nose

Some fellas look at the size

Some fellas look at the clothes

I don't care if her eyes are red

I don't care if her nose is long

I don't care if she's under fed

I don't care if her clothes are worn

First I look at the purse

Some fellas like the smiles they wear

Some fellas like the legs that's all

Some fellas like the style of their hair

Want their waist to be small

I don't care if their legs are thin

I don't care if their teeth are big

I don't care if their hair's a wig

Why waste time lookin' at the waistline?

A woman can be fat as can be

kisses sweet as honey

But that don't mean a thing to me

If you ain't got no money

If the purse is fat...that's where it's at

Some fellas like the way they walk

The way they swing and sway

Some fellas like the way they talk

Dig the things they say

I don't care if they wobble like a...

Or talk with a lisp

I still think I'm a good lover

If the dollar bills are crisp

I don't care if you got yourself a wrap

All I want is your pretty green cash

Bought me a suit, bought me a car

Want me to look like a Hollywood star

...............................J. Geils

For me, there are a bunch of things I am looking for. . .

real, I HATE fake people, and plastics

intelligent

passionate about life

optimist

empathetic

active

adventurous

ambitious about a career

someone who wants me, not needs me (there is a BIG difference)

willing to share her emotions/fellings

outgoing/extrovert

enjoys sex

wants to have a family

likes to travel

up on current affairs (doesn't have to be a democrat, just know why you vote for the person you vote for)

enjoys helping others

non judgemental

Basically the anthesis of what MSF is looking for. . . I would assume most women are somewhere in between ;)

Wow mass...didn't actually think you would do it. Like I said before, I respect that you're not willing to compromise. My only question is this...how can someone who seems to be fairly religious dismiss the love between a man and a woman so easily?

Thanks. I'm generally pretty good to my word.

You have to realize that while my religious upbringing was conservative christian, that's not really where my faith resides today. I won't try to explain it, but if you can imagine a cross between Christianity and the pagan religions of dark ages Scandanavia and Britain, you'd get somewhere close.

Thanks. I'm generally pretty good to my word.

You have to realize that while my religious upbringing was conservative christian, that's not really where my faith resides today. I won't try to explain it, but if you can imagine a cross between Christianity and the pagan religions of dark ages Scandanavia and Britain, you'd get somewhere close.

MSF, you got the qualifications of a good serial killer.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

MSF ... I will give you a lot of credit. You know what you want and you sure are not afraid to let people know it. The fact that you're so open and honest about it all is refreshing simply because of your blunt honesty.

Thank you. All too often it comes across as overly blunt and demanding.

:On a serious note, I appreciate that you shared your story. I apologize if I came off as being insensitive or as being a beeotch - but I'm a bit opinionated if you haven't already picked up on that!!! ;) .

No problem. No beeotching and I like opinionated people. I'm just glad that I was justified in the trust. It would have been tough to stay here if I had been wrong.

:I won't get all preachy here ... but I will tell you a little bit. I'm not exactly the most religious person, and I've been through a little bit in my short 26 years of existance. What I experienced isn't anything similar to the situation that you have dealt with, but I've come to realize two things.

God does not give you anything that you cannot handle.

Everything happens for a reason ... you may not know the reason ... but there is a reason .... It could be as simple as to teach you your strengths and weaknesses, to teach you a lesson ... Anything.

Don't worry about preachy. My maternal grandfather was a minister and I spent more time in a church as a kid than most people will spend in their entire lifetime. Preach doesn't bother me. I understand your comments and agree with them.

Unfortunately "God" and I are not currently on speaking terms. It has nothing to do with me personally but rather has to do with the death of my Father from Cancer in August of 2001. I've been spending more time with Odin, Freya, and Thor as of late.

I'm glad that you found that you can talk to people and share your story with us folks here on ES. You'd be surprised at how many GENUINE relationships and friendships have been formed ... from this group ... and it's all because of our love for the Skins.

That's the way it's appeared to me. Which was why I took the chance on telling the story. Thankfully it appears I was right.

I would absolutely LOVE to take you folks up on that offer at some point in time. If any of you are interested, the Redskins are coming to Foxboro to play a pre-season game this fall. I'd love to meet/greet/and eat with you folks if you can get up here, or if I can get down there one of these days.

I hope you weren't offended by my questions. After I looked at them, I didn't like how they might sound. It does seem that way to me because I believe that all morality is based in love (ie, love your neighbor as yourself). I think love is more about your interactions with others then emotions, though.

No offense taken at all Darth. The questions were totally on topic and related to things I had brought up myself. If I bring it up it would be very impolite to expect people not to comment on it or ask about it.

Interesting take on morality. That's one I hadn't heard in the past.

My background is in economics, I'm always thinking in terms of opportunity cost. I don't think a wife is much more capable to carry out your requirements than any 'outsource' you find at any less opportunity cost (of course, she may deal better with 'scope creep'). Also, with a wife, you're talking about some big exit costs :laugh:

I've had to deal with some pretty piss poor cleaning companies and caterers over time. I have very little faith in the industries anymore. Also the sex is generally better with the wife than with the Hoover vacuume the cleaning lady leaves behind. As for exit costs.... plastic bag, wood chipper, lye, shovel... it's not that bad really. (I AM KIDDING. REALLY. HONEST.)

I agree!! Mass you must join us at a tailgate if you ever make it down for a game. :cheers:

I would absolutely LOVE to. I've actually only ever seen one Redskins game LIVE. About 6 years ago at Foxboro in the preseason. It was quite a game.

I used to work for a company that had an office in DC and I almost ended up spending some time in that office one fall (I was living in CT at the time). One of the benefits of the time in DC would have been a chance to get the company's season tickets for one of the home games while I was in town. Unfortunately it never worked out.

I've had to deal with some pretty piss poor cleaning companies and caterers over time. I have very little faith in the industries anymore. Also the sex is generally better with the wife than with the Hoover vacuume the cleaning lady leaves behind. As for exit costs.... plastic bag, wood chipper, lye, shovel... it's not that bad really. (I AM KIDDING. REALLY. HONEST.)

No silly....you have sex with the cleaning lady....thereby killing two birds with one stone. You've outsourced cleaning and sex at the same time. ;)

I would absolutely LOVE to. I've actually only ever seen one Redskins game LIVE. About 6 years ago at Foxboro in the preseason. It was quite a game.

I used to work for a company that had an office in DC and I almost ended up spending some time in that office one fall (I was living in CT at the time). One of the benefits of the time in DC would have been a chance to get the company's season tickets for one of the home games while I was in town. Unfortunately it never worked out.

If you can, you should take a trip down to a game. Once you tailgate and go to the game with us you'll be back more than once. PCS comes in from Utah to at least a game a year. Blondie comes up from Texas. Chewy comes from SanFran too.

You know, I've gotta make a slightly off-topic comment here....

THANK YOU. to everyone. This thread is almost 200 posts long and there have not been any of the standard "bulletin board" issues. Nobody trying to take the thread off topic. No posters calling each other names and/or threatening each other. Nobody bashing everything anyone said that was even vaguely opposing to their POV. Everybody abided by the one request made at the beginning of the thread.

This thread had the potential to be an absolute disaster on several levels. It never devolved into that. For that I would like to thank all those who have read and/or posted in here to this point.

Archived