Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Snakes on a Plane

Westbrook36

Well, now that it has grown into a full on internet darling, and we love internet memes, it's time to discuss Snakes on a Plane.

For the uninitiated, please take a few minutes to read the wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snakes_on_a_plane

Short version is that this is a real movie with a ridiculous synopsis of a crate of snakes being released on a plane and the working title "Snakes on a Plane". The movie gained internet culture hype due to the ridiculousness surrounding, and continued to grow as Sam Jackson signed on and it was clear that this was a real movie. Reportedly, Jackson signed on only because of the title. The title was even changed, and has since changed back.

I can imagine three scenarios.

This is just a really bad, totally serious movie that kept getting the green light out of amusement, and Hollywood execs are just too stupid to realize how ****ing ridiculous this movie is.

or

This started as a really bad, totally serious movie that got the green light (as often happens), but at some point some smart marketing guys recognized the internet hype and are catering to it by doing things like keeping the working title, running a Tagworld music contest, and actually having extra scenes shot to shift the movie FROM PG-13 to R (that R for Ridiculous), figuring they'll get revenue from the drooling masses who usually see ridiculous action movies as well as the internet nerds.

or

New Line is doing something really off the wall and the movie won't be what it seems when it actually shows. Support for this is the fact that Keenan Thompson is in the movie, and the just-released trailer features special effects that appear to have cost $5-6. It's a long shot.

I don't have much that's funny to say about it, other than "Snakes on a Plane". I just felt that the topic needed to be broached.

See the movie footage here: http://www.tagworld.com/snakesonaplane

Snakesonaplane1js.jpg

preview.gif

It looks like a Sci Fi original, wonder why any studio is releasing this in theatres.

Because everyone will go see it, including me - I just will be hiding my eyes behind the popcorn.

It's going to have a fabulous opening box office.

i have an ongoing argument with DKS about whether samuel jackson makes horrible movies. i think i just lost. :doh:
Tell her to watch "The Negotiator" and "A Time to Kill" if you want to win that argument. For fun watch "Deep Blue Sea" - that's a great death scene!

Tell her to watch "The Negotiator" and for fun "Deep Blue Sea" - that's a great death scene!

THEY ATE ME!!! A ****ING SHARK ATE ME!!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously, Snakes on a Plane just shows what ive been saying for months. Hollywood has run out of ideas.

i have an ongoing argument with DKS about whether samuel jackson makes horrible movies. i think i just lost. :doh:

I have the answer. Samuel L. Jackson is a whore. He acts in horrible movies; he acts in great movies. It doesn't matter, as long as someone pays him.

Not that I have any problem with that. I mean, I'll take a pizza to any house in the St. Charles area as long as Papa John's pays me(and hopefully I get a tip).

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :rotflmao:

Here is the trailer. Worst movie EVER!! :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The guy at the end holding the snake and screaming is just too much, but I lost it from the beginning when Samuel L shouts out "I've had enough of these snakes!" Him shooting the snake with an assault rifle is pretty damn bad too. Beating the snake with a tray.

I'm glad they're not marketing this as a serious flick. They'll definitely fare better at the gate with this approach.

This trailer pretty much cements the fact that I and many other slackers in my age demographic will be seeing this flick opening night. That's saying something for me since the last movie I paid to see was Jarhead.

I'm most likely going to pull a John Stewart in Half-Baked and view this movie..................on weed to maximize my viewing pleasure.

Mr jackson seem to be going for a snake theme in 2006 because he's also staring in Black Snake Moan

Which will be awesome with a tag line like: "a white nymphomaniac who must be "cured" of her disorder by an older black blues man." :applause:

Gonan be a busy year at the movie theatre for me and nick! (We are going to see every Samuel L Jackson movie until one of us finally gives in and admitts defeat).

Can't wait for this one! Plot Summary is GROSS!

( :puke: )

• 1 month later...
Hahaha. Im still waiting for Half Baked 2: IN SPACE!

haha dude half-baked was the worst movie EVER.

"i believe him yo. i dont know why, but i do."

did you guys know that in this movie, samuel L. Jackson's character is named Neville?

ooh #100

Archived