Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Snakes on a Plane

Westbrook36

Also, someone told me that the reason he agreed to do the movie is because he liked the name of it...who knows.

That would be correct

http://www.collider.com/entertainment/news/archive_detail.asp?aid=599&tcid=1

Beaks: One of those films that you’re working on right now is... well, it’s called "Pacific Air 121"—

(they had changed the title at one point)

Jackson: Snakes on a Plane, man!

Beaks: Exactly.

Jackson: We’re totally changing that back. That’s the only reason I took the job: I read the title.

• 4 weeks later...

lol, one of the best videos ever!

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

We had to edit it down from 143 minutes.

Speaking of editing...

From wikipedia

While re-shoots normally imply problems with a film, the producers opted to add new scenes to the film to take the movie from PG-13 into R-rated territory and bring the movie in line with the growing fan expectation. Among the reported additions is a line that originated as an Internet parody of Samuel L. Jackson's traditional movie persona: "That's IT! I've had it with these mother****ing snakes on this mother****ing plane!".

If I'm not mistaken the studio confirmed they added that, just because of the internet buzz.

How often does that happen? :laugh:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Saw it last night and liked it, but a few requirements for seeing it:

1. Don't expect anything even remotely resembling logic to apply to the plot

2. Go with a group of people with similar expectations

3. Drinking before the movie is helpful

4. Be ready for people screaming "SNAKES ON...." about whatever is on screen during the previews and movie. There is no shame in joining in, its alot of fun

All in all, its a good movie for mindless fun. They did a good job or realizing how rediculous the idea is, and just having fun with it. At no point does the movie try to be too serious, which would have really ruined it.

Archived