Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

2 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

For a second, I thought "accent mark" was another way of saying "skid mark" in reference to my beyond-the-expiration-date underwear, insinuating that I belong at Walmart.  Then I relized you were simply speaking of 'tarzhay'.

Wait that's how you spell it?  I've learned something invaluable, appreciate that.

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Wait that's how you spell it?  I've learned something invaluable, appreciate that.

no, no.  I was simply going for an easy phonetic transliteration to.  Your accent-marked spelling is indeed the most acceptable spelling in the Queen's English.

2 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

no, no.  I was simply going for an easy phonetic transliteration to.  Your accent-marked spelling is indeed the most acceptable spelling in the Queen's English.

I can dig it, like when you hit someone so hard the sound shows up as a big word over their head. Onomatopoeia, ftw.

38 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Question, does woodchuck cider go bad at all? Yes i know, it’s not good beer, but it’s the only kind in the house at the moment (it’s been in a cabinet for a few years, if that changes anything). 

It's not beer at all.  It's cider.

First one I ever had had been left in the mini-fridge of the person who previously lived in the room my brother moved into.  It didn't seem to have gone bad.  The Keystone Light that was left in there, on the other hand, was the most skunked beer I've ever had.  It barely reached my stomach before it came back up, and not because I'd had too much to drink.

Watching these space documentaries puts into perspective how hard it is to get the conditions for what we have here.  For example, binary star systems are common, if we had two stars as well that might have cooked the earth or flung it out into interstellar space.

38 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Plow*

In due time...

Her game was strong though. That's what I like about older women (she's probably late 40's). Got out of my last relationship because i was just tired if dealing with that immaturity that can come with the early 20's crowd. Just dont have that kinda time, and it was my therapist who finally convinced me to move on.

36 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Watching these space documentaries puts into perspective how hard it is to get the conditions for what we have here.  For example, binary star systems are common, if we had two stars as well that might have cooked the earth or flung it out into interstellar space.

Still probably hundreds of millions of us out there though,  which is crazy. But yeah, looking at what happened ti Venus and Mars isnt a comforting thought, neither is the thought of no moon. Its easy to see why people fall into moronic conspiracy theory talk. Just seems too good to be true at times... That and people want ti believe theres a reason for everything, and "Right place, right time" feels underwhelming and frightening to some.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Still probably hundreds of millions of us out there though,  which is crazy. But yeah, looking at what happened ti Venus and Mars isnt a comforting thought, neither is the thought of no moon. Its easy to see why people fall into moronic conspiracy theory talk. Just seems too good to be true at times... That and people want ti believe theres a reason for everything, and "Right place, right time" feels underwhelming and frightening to some.

There's gonna be two telescopes put up in the next couple years that will go a long way in discovering planets like ours, at least in a way we can't now.  I'm gonna be upset if we find one with liquid water on the surface and people refuse to believe it because of this anti-facts nonsense that's going on right now, especially after estimating that its entirely possible Venus, Earth, and Mars had liquid water on their surface at one time or even around the same time.  There were three Earths in our solar system, so I'm with others that finding one in another solar system is inevitable, how we react to it, I'm not really sure anymore.

It will take even longer to get there and say "here, i'm serious we found one" and people still won't believe it because they won't get on a boat and find the edge of the planet with their flat-earth bull****.  Society is really going to depend on who's in charge considering there's always going to be people that believe what they want to believe, now more then ever.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

In due time...

Her game was strong though. That's what I like about older women (she's probably late 40's). Got out of my last relationship because i was just tired if dealing with that immaturity that can come with the early 20's crowd. Just dont have that kinda time, and it was my therapist who finally convinced me to move on.

I caught that, but didn't want to ask, sorry to hear that.  I remember being in just a completely different frame of mind then most people I knew at that age, so being 7-8 years older then my girl its good she reminds me of that.  But she still hasn't learned many of the reasons she's wrong the hard way I had to yet so I'm caught between not wanting to be too involved in steering that and just letting her crash, burn, and say "you were right".  I lean towards the later because its really not costing me anything substaintial...yet.  

1 hour ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I am trying to make a light skin joke but I have nothing this morning just like how you have no melanin 

Never change, Doc.  You're the Dudley to my Shaq. The 2005 Cowboys to my Santana.  The O'Connor to my Toretto.

SoCal's favorite beta.  

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

There's gonna be two telescopes put up in the next couple years that will go a long way in discovering planets like ours, at least in a way we can't now.  I'm gonna be upset if we find one with liquid water on the surface and people refuse to believe it because of this anti-facts nonsense that's going on right now, especially after estimating that its entirely possible Venus, Earth, and Mars had liquid water on their surface at one time or even around the same time.  There were three Earths in our solar system, so I'm with others that finding one in another solar system is inevitable, how we react to it, I'm not really sure anymore.

It will take even longer to get there and say "here, i'm serious we found one" and people still won't believe it because they won't get on a boat and find the edge of the planet with their flat-earth bull****.  Society is really going to depend on who's in charge considering there's always going to be people that believe what they want to believe, now more then ever.

There was an American high school student, yes, high school that developed an algorithm to find planets like ours! She won a huge scholarship prize for it-either $25k or $250k. I’ll post back when I find the details again.

37 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Is there a state with worse roads than VA?  Or is it just a Hampton Roads thing?

Hampton Roads is too divided up for all the cities to come together and fix all that ****.  Fairfax dominates NOVA and has silly money, then Loudon is building too many new roads for them to be falling apart yet, imo.  It's like a different planet up here.

Archived