Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Feel I was wrong here even though I followed "procedure":

I'm doing an update for a server, and someone from the customer service team says conference room microphone/speaker device died in the middle of their department meeting. I have my co-worker go take a look at it since I'm in the middle of the update, and come check with her after I'm done.

At this point, its her case and her responsibility, and I've been told no matter how much I care about a situation to not just take it over and lean more towards waiting for a request for help versus offering it every time something comes up. I've found a middle ground that's been approved, but I feel I'm wrong for making a point for giving my recommendation (which was confirm the unit was dead and go about process to replace it, even helped her test it) and walking away. This co-worker is supposed to be at a higher position then me and its constantly brought up how she has more experience then me. I also knew she had to be in that same meeting with that department as a representative from our department this morning (Monday, unit broke Friday morning).

I find out this morning she's sitting with them and tells them minutes before the meeting starts that its still broken, they have to type back and forth all communications with the remote members of the meeting. I'm embarrassed as hell that happened, and went in after that was over to find a set of speakers and standing microphone to hold over until a replacement unit can be found and tested with her before walking out (testing from different spots in the room was important as the mic was strong put pointing in a certain direction). I love my co-worker, but wanted her to have that feeling of sitting there in that meeting living with that decision so that hopefully something like that doesn't happen again.

Part of me wonders if I shoulda just took it over (like a couple things I have or been tempted to), but there's no way I can keep up with it all if I do.

I'm at home. I get up around 2/3 am lately. Never sleep.

I do the same. Home as well. I generally go to sleep around the time you wake up. Up around 6 or 7. 

Rich ass....

Whatchu talkin' 'bout Willis?  

I have been thinking about going to Monaco. Stupid James Bond and such.

As far as jets...better to charter than own. Maintenance is a ****. 

Someone misused my credit card this morning to make 3 seperate airline ticket purchases with 3 separate airlines.

You'd think the bank would have figured it out after the 2nd one. That type of stuff (purchasing) should always trigger a fraud alert. Especially in light of the card in question generally having monthly puchases of less than $300. 

So dumb...and avoidable.

Damn Taze, While true...it's just money. Money does not make me happy. I was just asked to provide a shopping spree for two. Seriously, WTF. 

Life is different. I could be broke as a joke...and have been. Still the same guy. 

Just better vacations. 

Damn Taze, While true...it's just money. Money does not make me happy. I was just asked to provide a shopping spree for two. Seriously, WTF. 

Life is different. I could be broke as a joke...and have been. Still the same guy. 

Just better vacations. 

LOL, just messing.  You are as normal, regular guy as I've ever met bruh.  

Shopping spree for 2?  Tha fug?

Someone misused my credit card this morning to make 3 seperate airline ticket purchases with 3 separate airlines.

You'd think the bank would have figured it out after the 2nd one.

Probably online, although I have heard a lot about fake cards these days like in the movie "Mo' Money". 

Harder for them to police considering the amount of computer illiterate folks out there. 

Archived