Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I use to be so much more into wine. Wanted to be a sommelier. Could taste a cab and tell what country it was grow, but that was about as good as I could do.

I'm trying to focus on one region: Bordeaux for red, Riesling for white, and Prosecco for sparkling.

Figure that way I can get to know the good years and good vineyards much better than if I tried to know everything about everything. 

My favorite coffee is this Brazil Light Roast Ipanema from Giant (of all places).

I use to be so much more into wine. Wanted to be a sommelier. Could taste a cab and tell what country it was grow, but that was about as good as I could do.

That doesn't even qualify.

Dudes take a sip and be like "aaaaahhhh, delicious. touches all 5 senses. I can just feel the energy that went into creating this masterpiece. I can see the old man now, hunched over in a field, furrowed brow, sweat glistening in the warm Tuscany sun, as the wind picks up, making the stalks move around him in synchronized harmony...

And its right then, that this gentle old man, realizes just how wonderful life is...."

Gump asses

I'm trying to focus on one region: Bordeaux for red, Riesling for white, and Prosecco for sparkling.

Figure that way I can get to know the good years and good vineyards much better than if I tried to know everything about everything. 

My favorite coffee is this Brazil Light Roast Ipanema from Giant (of all places).

Bordeaux is my ****, especially the Medocs. Love me some cab heavy red and the way that they have that musky body. Kind of like a scotch peat.

I also love Chateauneuf du papes. Big chewy granache and syrahs.

Whites I'm a burgundy fan primarily. But I like Bordeauxs and some of the off shoot grapes like fumes and alberinos. Depends on the food and weather.

Gump asses

It's hysterical when you really do know what you're talking about and snobby wanna be fancy pompous douchebags act like they do

I was a manager at a 4 star joint in NJ and it happened a lot. It's always great when someone is being a dick and they taste the bottle, don't like it and want to send it back and you have to explain that isn't how that works and you can grab a second bottle, let the first breath and offer a recommendation.

I get the different tastes though, but I agree with your point.

Bordeaux is my ****, especially the Medocs. Love me some cab heavy red and the way that they have that musky body. Kind of like a scotch peat.

I also love Chateauneuf du papes. Big chewy granache and syrahs.

Whites I'm a burgundy fan primarily. But I like Bordeauxs and some of the off shoot grapes like fumes and alberinos. Depends on the food and weather.

It's hysterical when you really do know what you're talking about and snobby wanna be fancy pompous douchebags act like they do

I was a manager at a 4 star joint in NJ and it happened a lot. It's always great when someone is being a dick and they taste the bottle, don't like it and want to send it back and you have to explain that isn't how that works and you can grab a second bottle, let the first breath and offer a recommendation.

I get the different tastes though, but I agree with your point.

And then there's the real dumbass who says, "Kendall Jackson is fine", he tastes, says "good"...then his wife doesn't like it.

Duh?  Because it's crap and he doesn't know his wife's "refined tastes" are for Sutter Home. 

Yes, I'm still in Georgia.  SMH, FML

I find it hilarious that KJ would even be subject to an "approval". 

I think the only time you really should send a bottle back if it has turned (to vinegar) or it's really bad/flat.

Or like my bosses, store about $10,000 worth of wine upright. Nuts.

But what do I know? Every suggestion I've given EVERY SINGLE ONE has been dismissed. They'll eat all that cone gyro meat themselves in the long run. I can't help them, apparently.

I find it hilarious that KJ would even be subject to an "approval". 

I think the only time you really should send a bottle back if it has turned (to vinegar) or it's really bad/flat. 

That's right. You're tasting, to make sure it's still wine before your guests. It's not to see if you like it. You should know that when you order it.

And then there's the real dumbass who says, "Kendall Jackson is fine", he tastes, says "good"...then his wife doesn't like it.

Duh?  Because it's crap and he doesn't know his wife's "refined tastes" are for Sutter Home. 

Yes, I'm still in Georgia.  SMH, FML

Is it tough to open wine while on roller skates?

What goes best with wings?

:D

I've recently downloaded the Pandora app on my TV, then been setting the TV sleep timer for 30-60 mins and putting on some tunes via Pandora to go to relax/sleep to.  

Put on the Led Zeppelin channel more than once.  I know they will change artists, but it's still the same genre, so it's cool.

I think just listening to music while lying in bed for 30-60 minutes helps relax my mind and make me tired.  It keeps away any anxieties I'm having for work the next day. I'm out of Zeppelin.  I'm thinking of going to some Steely Dan next.

What goes best with wings?

:D

That was one of the cool things about the documentary was that the Somms paired wines with things like choc. chip cookies, hot dogs, etc. —wine doesn't have to be a snobby affair, even good wine. 

They did say, across the board, that the most underrated wine is Beaujolais. I wanted to get into that instead of Bordeaux for that reason, but selection where I live was very limited in that category. 

Or like my bosses, store about $10,000 worth of wine upright. Nuts.

But what do I know? Every suggestion I've given EVERY SINGLE ONE has been dismissed. They'll eat all that cone gyro meat themselves in the long run. I can't help them, apparently.

They should just store it out back beside the dumpster in the hot georgia sun while they're at it. 

They did say, across the board, that the most underrated wine is Beaujolais.

I'm not a huge fan of the lighter grapes and the nouveau has been bad for years. Maybe it's different when you're there, but it's just not good. A few of them were even adding sugar when they bottled it. That was years ago and that might have changed.

Temperneio (I'm sure I spelled that wrong) is a great light spainish wine. Spain is very under rated for wines.

I do not. But irwin is a nice place for outdoor stuff.

PA wines are really sweet—hard to drink a lot of it. 

Cab Frank grows really really well. It's a predominant grape up there and is pretty good for some reason.

Interesting link to the Bordeaux  

I love me a good coffee.

Starbucks is gross.

My wife was training to be a "black apron" there during college. She says they over-roast their beans to create a uniform taste. Makes sense, if true (my wife has trouble telling the truth, I'm not even sure if she worked at a starbucks or even went to college), since they have to supply so many stores and there's not enough of the same coffee to do so. 

Both are more local small "parties" but have grown bigger through the years.

Willsfest is in Murresville or Monroeville (it's like right on the border) and is hosted by my brother in law.

The wine mixer is in Irwin and hosted by my other brother in law.

Archived