Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

It's not selfish. However it is a responsibility that I am sure you are not prepared for.

On the flip side, I do think that me and my new lady are going to try to have children. Neither of us even considered it before we got together. Even at my age...it's kind of intimidating and a huge responsibility to think about.

I'm in the same boat as you. I've never ever seriously considered having children before. But now I've finally got a girl who has me thinking about it for the first time and I'm finally moving in a direction in life that makes it a legitimate possibility.

That said, I'm also in the same boat as Dr Itch My Balls here. I'm still getting my **** together. No more running around the country having adventures but it's a work in progress. I don't doubt that I'm not ready to have a kid.

On the flipside, I ain't getting any younger. And I know my girl wants one sometime in the next two years (she might already be pregnant but that's another story for another post. I'll cross that bridge when I get there. Goddamn snow...) And people have been telling me for 10 years that I need to have a kid. That it'll help calm me down.

Now that seems like an extremelly selfish reason. And I grew up with absolutely nothing except some **** parents (God bless them). I don't want to bring somebody into this world that's going to suffer because of me. I keep telling my girl that. Let me get my counselors license here and start up a real career and then we can start thinking about kids. I want to be absolutely sure I'm going to be able to provide them with everything they need.

We'll see what happens. I just know, for the first time in my life, I'm saying that I'm definitely going to have a kid.

Damn stroker...you da man. I woulda thrown myself down low to try to tackle, with you behind to catch him....LOL

Sorry dude. You're going through a lot more than I ever did. I miss my dogs there. They were b far absolutely awesome.

Oh Mary, you and your +100 dogs. That's a different beast. You get your mad props babe. The yard here is large, I was diving for him, but dude had afterburners engaged the whole time. The lassoing attempts were with fully extended dives. Remember, this guy was KERPLOWING in to the wall. I thought he was going to kill himself, or seriously injure the hell out of himself. It's a wonder how he didn't. I was in linebacker mode, but dude was all Barry Sandering one minute, then putting his head down and trying to run over the wall like Jerome Bettis the next. 'Cept the wall kept winnin'.

****er has chronic sezuires too. Let me just mention that. Gawd damn! *sips beer*

Only when shield is on, does my Netflix fail. Makes me nuts.

This is by far one of the dumbest posts you have ever made. Making a child with the person you love is one of the best things life can offer.

Nothing wrong with adopting or being a foster parent by any means. But your logic us flawed on having kids.

what reason is there to have a kid, that isn't rooted in self interest?

I've made far dumber posts too.

Everyone does selfish things, just own it.

Self-propelled ftw

I have that already AND my wife does it—she treats it as her exercise for the day. Our hilly terrain still makes for a sweat-inducing workout. 

Lol. Is wanting a kid inherently selfish? I want one but its not happening

No. We must strengthen the gene pool's ankles. 

what reason is there to have a kid, that isn't rooted in self interest?

I used to think exactly like you. Why have a child when there are so many out there that are suffering. It's something I still ponder. I'm coming around to the CO's line of thinking though. To create a family with the person you love, that's special.

Only when shield is on, does my Netflix fail. Makes me nuts.what reason is there to have a kid, that isn't rooted in self interest?

Because baby adoption is a business.  Countries make lots of money selling their babies (China, Soviet Union, etc).  Everyone doesn't have money to buy a kid.

But I could agree we might spay and neuter some of those in our country having kids.

Wanting a kid is selfish, yes. Foster or adopt.

Buying a pet is selfish. Foster or adopt.

I got bit by a dog twice today. Same dog. Pit bull. Great dog, until his trigger goes off. Trying to do anything we can to help him, so he can live.

Are you adopted?

Because baby adoption is a business. Countries make lots of money selling their babies (China, Soviet Union, etc). Everyone doesn't have money to buy a kid.

But I could agree we might spay and neuter some of those in our country having kids.

not even my point.

Having a baby, because you want a baby, is selfish.

I'm not saying its because there are far too many people or even unwanted people, I'm just saying that you're doing it for your own personal reasons.

My "dumb" post was just based on the definition of a simple word.

Everyone does selfish ****. Just own it.

You do realize that dogs/cats aren't human right?

I don't put humans any higher than any other animal, but yes, every animal is different.

I think y'all are worked up over nothing.

You do realize that dogs/cats aren't human right?

Perhaps I'm shortchanging the universe by giving care to "animals" and not "HUMANS" (animals), eh?

Gotta stick with the alpha monkies. We, ahead in the evolutionary race via more than 99% luck on this small planet, only deserve the absolute largest consideration. Hmph! Pass the Grey Poupon.

But that's a deep conversation. And I'm one who tends to argue FOR the natural process of the food chain. I get it. It's a natural process of evolution. One which I think we can improve upon dramatically. With meat we harvest from animals with no conciousness, to control-breeding everything.

The stark reality of it all is that it's like saying "The Royals aren't a baseball team" or "The Warriors aren't a basketball team'. We are animals, just the reigning champs for the past couple hundred thousand years. We are The Royals,

As far as people having kids being selfish, I think there are four different sides to it. One, kids out of love, two, kids out of WANT, three, mistakes, and four, kids out of being any level of whore (ie. mistakes 2.0). Yall who are in love, have a kid or four, and stick with it, I commend you. That's a beautiful thing.

The problem of overpopulation needs to be attacked at the top of the ice cream cone, not along the cone where all the droplets are. Although that's definitely a way to prevent a larger mess than what is possible, the droplets will just keep comin'. Faster and faster. Just like the overpopulation of dogs. Breeding laws and regulations need to be set in place worldwide. It'll come one day for both humans and *spits* animals. Unless something (or many things) naturally occurres to relieve the acceleration of the population.

not even my point.

Having a baby, because you want a baby, is selfish.

I'm not saying its because there are far too many people or even unwanted people, I'm just saying that you're doing it for your own personal reasons.

My "dumb" post was just based on the definition of a simple word.

This doesn't compute.  So there is never a reason to have a baby?  It's definitely an odd statement for those who choose to do what is natural and take care of their own.

Being a chef and serving meat to a customer is selfish too.  I don't quite understand it myself.

This doesn't compute.  So there is never a reason to have a baby?  It's definitely an odd statement for those who choose to do what is natural and take care of their own.

Being a chef and serving meat to a customer is selfish too.  I don't quite understand it myself.

I don't think he is saying that at all. You want a baby because it brings joy into your life, if you do something for yourself, thats selfish. Its perfectly fine. Its not a bad thing.

So it's selfish to make a child with the person you love?  GTFO with that ****.  I'm not selfish because me and my wife made my daughter.  It's the best thing that ever happened to me and my wife.  

Children and wanting to make one isn't like dogs or cats, as much as you want it to be.  There is nothing selfish about wanting to have kids with someone you love.  Quit being a troll in here though, it's becoming annoying.

I don't think he is saying that at all. You want a baby because it brings joy into your life, if you do something for yourself, thats selfish. Its perfectly fine. Its not a bad thing.

Having a baby you want to bring in the world isn't selfish.  His view is warped because of some odd issue he has in his own life.

Archived