Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I don't think he is saying that at all. You want a baby because it brings joy into your life, if you do something for yourself, thats selfish. Its perfectly fine. Its not a bad thing.

No, not buying it anymore.  He is a ****ing little troll.  There is nothing selfish about making a baby and bringing life into this world.  Koolblue is nothing but a ****ing troll.  Period.  

No, not buying it anymore.  He is a ****ing little troll.  There is nothing selfish about making a baby and bringing life into this world.  Koolblue is nothing but a ****ing troll.  Period.

If you look at it through the eyes of someone who sees the alternative of adopting an orphan to be raised in a caring family to be the selfless choice compared to the one of making another creature in your image.

Why do you hate orphans? Now that's how you troll

I don't put humans any higher than any other animal, but yes, every animal is different.

Perhaps I'm shortchanging the universe by giving care to "animals" and not "HUMANS" (animals), eh?

Question for both of you...

You're facing two rooms. One room has a random person in it. The other room has 10 random dogs. There are two buttons in front of you. One gasses the person, one gasses the 10 dogs. You have to push one.

What do you do? And what's your reasoning behind the decision?

Question for both of you...

You're facing two rooms. One room has a random person in it. The other room has 10 random dogs. There are two buttons in front of you. One gasses the person, one gasses the 10 dogs. You have to push one.

What do you do? And what's your reasoning behind the decision?

I'd save 10 lives, if I had to choose. That's how they euth animals in a lot of shelters in the states, where its still legal. Nasty way to go.

So it's selfish to make a child with the person you love? GTFO with that ****. I'm not selfish because me and my wife made my daughter. It's the best thing that ever happened to me and my wife.

Children and wanting to make one isn't like dogs or cats, as much as you want it to be. There is nothing selfish about wanting to have kids with someone you love. Quit being a troll in here though, it's becoming annoying.

I've never been a troll.

You can stop insulting me any time, you're being very rude. You need to lighten up or block me.

I don't think having a kid is like having a pet.

The definition of selfish, is doing something for ones own pleasure or profits. The question was asked if it was selfish. By definition, it is selfish.

How can having a kid, not be selfish?

No, not buying it anymore. He is a ****ing little troll. There is nothing selfish about making a baby and bringing life into this world. Koolblue is nothing but a ****ing troll. Period.

I have to assume this goes back to that donation rant. That was a joke. It really was. I'm not one to guilt or shame, especially for something like that.

Perhaps it's my, I don't know, hippie one love mind set that is different than yours that bothers you.

I wasn't trolling. That's just the definition of selfish.

I'm sorry if my point of view or sense of humor upsets you, that was never my intention.

This doesn't compute. So there is never a reason to have a baby? It's definitely an odd statement for those who choose to do what is natural and take care of their own.

Being a chef and serving meat to a customer is selfish too. I don't quite understand it myself.

this is what trolling is.

Keeps bringing it up in multiple threads on different days, for no apparent reason, trying to get a reaction.

So, KB...are you enjoying The Shield? It's my favorite show ever!

Oh Mary, you and your +100 dogs. That's a different beast. You get your mad props babe.

****er has chronic sezuires too. Let me just mention that. Gawd damn! *sips beer*

Sorry, dude...it just sounds awful! And we only had the 100+ dogs on holidays like Christmas...when time changes in the fall and they're stuck in their kennels for an extra hour? That extra hour is lots of extra poop. Sheesh.

Yeah Mary, that shows great. Been watching an episode a night, or at least trying too.

Yeah there's nothing more selfish than giving up luxuries like boats, vacations, expensive clothes and cars so you can take care of a human you made.

You choose animals, and that's fine. But your choice is no more noble, gtfo out of here.

I never said it was a bad thing to have a kid. Not once.

Animals have nothing to do with kids.

I'd still like to have a kid.

Y'all need to back off me and be pissed at Webster.

I never said I was being noble. I'm not saying anyone is better than anyone.

It's the basic definition of the word selfish, I think y'all are having issue with.

Ok, fellas...

Can I throw it out there that I believe I considered myself "selfish" for NOT wanting children?  (And now that I have grandkids, through my stepdaughter who couldn't keep her legs shut, I realize what I missed out on?)

It's all perception, let's not judge each other, not here.   We ain't about that here in the RTT...at least I hope we're not.  That's for the stadium and the 2016 campaign thread LOL

Yeah Mary, that shows great. Been watching an episode a night, or at least trying too.

I never said it was a bad thing to have a kid. Not once.

Animals have nothing to do with kids.

I'd still like to have a kid.

Y'all need to back off me and be pissed at Webster.

I never said I was being noble. I'm not saying anyone is better than anyone.

It's the basic definition of the word selfish, I think y'all are having issue with.

But by your interpretation of Websters ..unless you get no joy out of saving puppies, you're selfish.

And you never said it was a bad thing to have a kid? Yeah. The word selfish definitely has no negative connotations.

But by your interpretation of Websters ..unless you get no joy out of saving puppies, you're selfish.

I absolutely do it for selfish reasons.

I do a lot of selfish things.

Dogs, yes, I love having, training, saving dogs.

Puppies and cats no, I'd rather not have either at home, those are just work and inconvenience.

I have old trucks for selfish reasons, I work on a boat for selfish reasons, I live in the Caribbean for selfish reasons. Absolutely, I'm no monk.

That's where "everything in moderation" is applicable.

I absolutely do it for selfish reasons.

I do a lot of selfish things.

Dogs, yes, I love having, training, saving dogs.

Puppies and cats no, I'd rather not have either at home, those are just work and inconvenience.

I have old trucks for selfish reasons, I work on a boat for selfish reasons, I live in the Caribbean for selfish reasons. Absolutely, I'm no monk.

That's where "everything in moderation" is applicable.

So don't have 7 kids? I have 2, is that moderately selfish?

****ing A. I wasn't attacking or judging anyone.

Buying chocolate. You're doing it for personal enjoyment. That's selfish by definition. Knowing Mars lost another lawsuit for child slavery and buying a snickers anyway, that's something else all together. Buying fair trade chocolate, is making a cognitive decision to support a better business, but its still selfish.

Why are y'all so pissed at me? Did you have kids, just to make everyone else's lives better?

Did you have kids, just to make everyone else's lives better?

People don't have kids for personal enjoyment. People have kids so they can make their child's life a great one, or to at least try to.

Also, buying chocolate isn't selfish at all. Stop. Your definition of selfish in the context is just not right.

Buying chocolate. You're doing it for personal enjoyment. That's selfish by definition. Knowing Mars lost another lawsuit for child slavery and buying a snickers anyway, that's something else all together. Buying fair trade chocolate, is making a cognitive decision to support a better business, but its still selfish.

Why are y'all so pissed at me? Did you have kids, just to make everyone else's lives better?

I'm not pissed. I disagree with you wholeheartedly.

I think we have 2 different feelings about the word selfish and its connotations. That doesn't make me mad.

I'm with this, I boycott bunches of corporations for what they do for selfish, money-grabbing reasons.

Did my earlier post mean nothing?  We nutty humans do all kinds of things for all kinds of selfish reasons.  KB meant no harm, and I don't believe anything was meant as an attack on anyone else.  He expressed an opinion, and we can all live to be Redskins fans for another day, whether we agree or not.  Everyone probably had a drink or 9 in 'em...let's move on, and be sad that there's no more football for what seems like an eternity.  I love the game.  I will miss the game....and I love you guys... HTTR!

I've never been a troll.

You can stop insulting me any time, you're being very rude. You need to lighten up or block me.

I don't think having a kid is like having a pet.

The definition of selfish, is doing something for ones own pleasure or profits. The question was asked if it was selfish. By definition, it is selfish.

How can having a kid, not be selfish?

You left out the biggest part of the definition:

"lacking consideration for others; concerned chiefly with one's own personal profit or pleasure."

Having kids is one of the biggest sacrifice you can make for others. The entire rest of your life changes and your whole existence now revolves around your child.

That and my kids have yet to bring me profit. Lol

If my initial post on the subject was worded in a way that felt like I was attacking anyone for having kids, I apologize. That was not my intention.

I find no fault, nor am I trying to guilt anyone of anything.

I think the issue is simply over an interpretation of a definition.

Can we drop this and move on?

If my initial post on the subject was worded in a way that felt like I was attacking anyone for having kids, I apologize. That was not my intention.

I find no fault, nor am I trying to guilt anyone of anything.

I think the issue is simply over an interpretation of a definition.

Can we drop this and move on?

Drop a meaningless argument on the Internet with people I have never met? Never!

Personally, I think you are all being selfish for continuing this argument for your own personal entertainment rather than posting some other random nonsensical crap that is more entertaining to me.

Is it selfish of me to want you guys to get over it already and move on?

Archived