Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I can't believe that Mr. Sinister vs. RefBeadt altercation started in response to my post about surprising random acts of kindness.

Wow. That's irony if I've ever seen it....

I appreciated your post, and felt compelled to reply. It's unfortunate that some want to take that opportunity to make it all about them, but I was sincere in my words. We need more stories like that

Season four has some good ones.

Well good, cause my heart can't take so much pain and torment. Some of these baddies need to start getting their asses medievally kicked

I can't believe that Mr. Sinister vs. RefBeadt altercation started in response to my post about surprising random acts of kindness.

Wow. That's irony if I've ever seen it...

EDIT: and FWIW, our travel day back from a wedding in Tampa to NOVA just ended. At 2:45am...

that's where kindness will get ya.

So there's this girl I know who has cerebral palsy. She's from West Virginia but she's now living with her husband in Ohio somewhere. They've been together four years now. Problem is he's an abusive pile of scum. She's on the verge of suicide. Somewhat shocked it hasn't happened yet.

I want to help here but I'm in no position to do much of anything. The problem is she has absolutely zero resources to get out. He controls her disability pay or something. She's essentially this guy's prisoner.

She's called the local shelters in her area but none of them are equipped to take on someone with her disability. I keep telling her there's got to be someone or some organization out there who can help her. She seens completely defeated and resigned to living in a living hell..

Can any of you all think of any potential avenues of help for her? There's a lot of people on here with a lot of different experiences so I thought maybe someone knows something. If I should start an individual thread for this then so be it. I wanted to ask you guys first though. I'd greatly appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Borna:

Try reaching out to this person. She may be able to point you in the right direction.

http://portal.womenshealth.vcu.edu/researcher/diana-gay-cutchin/

Thank you so much. I just sent her the link to take a look. I keep telling her I live in the perfect area to find her help. And this is xactly the type of person or thing (NPO, charity, etc) I'm looking for. I really appreciate it!

The more potential options the better. If anyone else knows anything, please let me know.

The more potential options the better. If anyone else knows anything, please let me know.

Red Cross does their very best to help anyone in need. SIL says they may even send authorities to help her get out.

Bless you for your help, I'm sure you're a friend she'll value forever.

I freakin' love that song. The guitar is one of the slickest ever done.

I love (most of) that album. I love Ozzy...always have. I have Masters of Reality on vinyl. Y'all watch out for the day he goes...I'll need a lot of support.

He has employed the greatest guitarists not named Satch or Vai. Jake E. Lee was in a league, Zakk as well.

And of course, no one could forget Randy. (I still have the Circus magazine with them on the cover, it had already been published before we got the news of his horrible demise). I found a video of Mr. Crowley live a little while ago, it was done in a studio...it's on Google, and Ozzy himself responded to the comments section, in appreciation for what we've all loved for 40+ years.

Archived