Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I was in Germany in the mid 80s. Lived in an 400 year old house, in an 800 year old town, at the end of the lane. Sandmuehlle Weg.

Once a month you could put anything out and the trash men would take it away. Was looking out the window one morning and saw the old lady across the street put out a beautiful travel trunk. One of the old fashioned kind made of wood. This women lived alone in a gorgeous house, behind big walls with large pines surrounding the property. Rarely ever saw her.

On my way out I stopped to look at the chest, thinking i might take it. Outside it was in perfect condition and gorgeous. I opened the top and felt sick inside. I felt death. Evil in the core of my soul.

Inside was a full blown Nazi SS uniform, Senior Officer. Boots, hat, pants, shirts, jacket and winter leather jacket. Everything was pressed, shined and looked like it was ready to wear. A photo of him was inside. Her (presumed dead husband or brother) was a senior SS officer.

I closed the trunk and left. I have never felt evil like that before in my life.

3,000 animals die every second in slaughterhouses in the US alone. About 56 billion a year.

Pigs are as smart as elephants. Sentient living creatures. Living in gestation crates, rape posts, used like they're not living things and treated worse than the people in Nazi death camps, but yeah, OMG nazi evil.

Food chain is a cop out, religion is a cop out. But we're humans , which is different than an animal is a cop out.

Oh no a uniform. 

3,000 animals die every second in slaughterhouses in the US alone. About 56 billion a year.

The "evil" I said I knew of is just that...people who abandon pets, or treat them horribly...while still saying, "That's ma dawg."

And gestation crates are just wrong...there is a Presidential candidate who vetoed a vote to ban them, only because...Iowa. (no derail intended, I'll leave it there, but Jon Stewart won't, and he is a tireless ambassador for all animals. Hail to him.)

Pigs are as smart as elephants. Sentient living creatures. Living in gestation crates, rape posts, used like they're not living things and treated worse than the people in Nazi death camps, but yeah, OMG nazi evil.

Food chain is a cop out, religion is a cop out. But we're humans , which is different than an animal is a cop out.

Oh no a uniform.

I'm on board with your sentiment here. Have made posts like this. Mostly towards ole Moco.

Still find it difficult to digest celebrating Nazi Germany. I mean the eating meat thing seems like more of a necessary evil, than just exterminating "uber" sentient beings, humans, who know what death is, for absolutely nothing. We at least have to feed our populous with animals, unless you can come up with a way to convince the world to be all utopian, not kill a thing, control-breed everything, and become vegans.

Not gonna happen. It's definitely ****ed up, but it's just the way it is.

Starving people to death, where they're packed to the brim in large tents, is an insane level of torture.

Sorry, but I've always thought it is apples to oranges when comparing human lives to animals. This isn't to say that I'm for animal cruelty, because I'm not. I just think KBs comparison is off. I'm a carnivore. I try to do the free range thing when I can, but I'm not going to stop eating meat.

Plus, let's remember, they went on a conquest. They tried taking countries without reason.

We really should try to treat the animals we eat a little better though. Suffering is the worst thing in the universe.

I don't think it's so different. You've been around enough dogs to know they understand fear and death. Animals know what's going on, even when they're born into a system of slavery, death and suffering.

and no, there is no "reason" people have to eat other animals and certainly no reason at the pace they do, the amount they do and from the conditions they do.

When you understand why some people don't eat dogs, cats, monkeys, etc, you'll begin to understand why some don't eat cows, pigs and chickens.

Sorry, but I've always thought it is apples to oranges when comparing human lives to animals. This isn't to say that I'm for animal cruelty, because I'm not. I just think KBs comparison is off. I'm a carnivore. I try to do the free range thing when I can, but I'm not going to stop eating meat.

It doesn't matter if you think they're different, if you're buying their body pieces from the market and restaurants, you are, in fact, for animal cruelty.

Oh no a uniform.

Look, i understand your point and dont support animal abuse in any form but comparing the atrocities of Nazi Germany to animal butchering is ****ing ludicrous. I understand you are vegan and care for animals, which is great. But comparing that to genocide? NOT EVEN IN THE SAME BALL PARK.

If you raised the Native American, Rwanda or other HUMAN genocide? I could see your point.

If you were there and did not feel the same way? about a man who wore that uniform, that probably was responsible for thousands of HUMAN deaths? I would question your capacity as a human being.

I have met and spoke with older Jews that get freaked out about a German Shepherd. Dont spew that horse**** to me.

Look, i understand your point and dont support animal abuse in any form but comparing the atrocities of Nazi Germany to animal butchering is ****ing ludicrous. I understand you are vegan and care for animals, which is great. But comparing that to genocide? NOT EVEN IN THE SAME BALL PARK.

If you raised the Native American, Rwanda or other HUMAN genocide? I could see your point.

If you were there and did not feel the same way? about a man who wore that uniform, that probably was responsible for thousands of HUMAN deaths? I would question your capacity as a human being.

I have met and spoke with older Jews that get freaked out about a German Shepherd. Dont spew that horse**** to me.

I care for animals. Humans are animals. It's the same exact thing to me. A sentient being, is a sentient being. Humans aren't so special.

I don't know why it would be different for Native Americans or any other genocide. Hitler wasn't even the worst. Humans are always committing some kind of genocide. Humans always have slaves, wars, killing and rape.

I'm glad you've met older jews. I've had this conversation with my Rabbi and she's a vegan now. 

I care for animals. Humans are animals. It's the same exact thing to me. A sentient being, is a sentient being. Humans aren't so special.

I don't know why it would be different for Native Americans or any other genocide. Hitler wasn't even the worst. Humans are always committing some kind of genocide. Humans always have slaves, wars, killing and rape.

I'm glad you've met older jews. I've had this conversation with my Rabbi and she's a vegan now.

I support your choices from a culinary standpoint. I understand your words to a point, but it is NOT the same. I have seen human cruelty, first hand, more than I care to discuss and I wont get into my religous beliefs here, its not the right forum.

But if you have ever been hungry? I mean real hungry? You will eat almost anything.

Imagine a man that has a pistol in his hand. He tells you pick one or all three of you die. Your sister or your dog. Now pick.

It aint the same.

I support your choices from a culinary standpoint. I understand your words to a point, but it is NOT the same. I have seen human cruelty, first hand, more than I care to discuss and I wont get into my religous beliefs here, its not the right forum.

But if you have ever been hungry? I mean real hungry? You will eat almost anything.

Imagine a man that has a pistol in his hand. He tells you pick one or all three of you die. Your sister or your dog. Now pick. gnitteg ton m'It aint the same.

I'm not getting in a "who's been hungrier" pissing game with you and something you saw in a movie.

I'm consistent in my words and actions and have been.

When I say it's the same to me, I mean it's the same to me.

and yes, we all know the cruelty involved in the meat agriculture industry and if you buy into it, you support animal cruelty.

The same way you support slavery when you buy a diamond or a snickers or computer, which yes I'm using to type this, but at least I admit to it. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, any of you guys watch Vikings? This show is fantastic! I'm on episode 5.

Saw in a movie? WTF do you know what I have seen and experienced in life over the past 51 years? 40+ countries and ex-military? Thats insulting, close minded and arrogant of you. You were wrong. Fess up. Don't change the subject.

I'm changing the subject because the random thought thread isn't the place for it. We had our banter, it's time to move on.

I have no idea what you think I'm wrong about. I admitted to accepting child slavery as a part of life, that's pretty ****ing bad.

I don't value your opinion on much and I want to move on, because it's not the place, I shouldn't have said anything, I started to mock your dramatic post and got carried away. My bad, that's another thing I was wrong about.

I was also wrong about Vikings, I was on episode 6, not 5, but my internet is screwy.

My nephew (who I'm temporarily living with) is freaking obsessed with Nazi Germany. He's 14, ordered clothing with Nazi aircraft and tanks on them (swastikas are visible), always brags about how he's Germany in his video games, always speaks in a German accent. Says incredibly adolescent ****, "bring us the Jews!", "we vill invade your country!" Just spur of the moment blurt-it-out ****.

I'm working on getting his mind right. It's been a process. One of the things I tend to do is go off on little tangents about how Germany got their asses handed to them by the people who fought for THIS country. You know, the one he's standing in. Damn man. Well...at least I get patriotic as **** when I have my little outbursts. USA, god dammit!

He embarassed himself badly over Christmas. Overall, he's especially immature, even for 14. He acts more like he's 8. Think he has Aspergers syndrome. I think he's made some small strides since I've been here though. Will keep working on it. Not very disciplined at all, not an athlete at all. Might talk to my brother about getting him in to JROTC.

Well, that sounds like a nightmare scenario :(

45 minute Motorhead Documentary. Your questions will are be answered.

Lemmy was Motorhead and they were as Rock and Roll as anyone ever has been.

The nazi **** is just anti social symbolism. If you don't like it, then good. That's what they're striving for. Lemmy made a career of doing it his way and not letting anyone tell him otherwise, because **** you.

Okay

Oh no a uniform.

Yes, a uniform :)

Archived