Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I read a really disturbing part of my book this morning on the metro. The book is about this plague that basically kills almost everyone on earth and now the rats have started to take over the city that the main character is living in. He discovers a dog carcus one day and realizes it had been attacked and basically chewed/eaten to death by rats. Bleh! Not a good way to start my morning!!!!

How do you read on the metro? All the bumps cause me to have a headache.

Earth Abides by George Stewart

Good book so far. Just horrible timing on that part. Especially since I was wearing flip flops this morning. I started to pull my feet up off the floor, haha.

Edit: The metro is one of the few places I can read. I don't really read in the car because there's too much going on. And some mornings I don't read on the metro bc I'm too tired or distracted. This is why it takes me months to finish a book.

Why in the world do desks/workstations cost so much damn money? All I want is something small for my room to put my laptop, printer, and a few books on. Paying anything over $60 is crazy!

Stop being cheap and buy something you can use for years.

Laptops go on your lap, no need for a desk.

Go to Ikea or Walmart and get something cheap if you need to.

Why in the world do desks/workstations cost so much damn money? All I want is something small for my room to put my laptop, printer, and a few books on. Paying anything over $60 is crazy!

Plywood and stain is cheap, that way you can make it the exact size you want.

That's why I'm making my own as well as one for by brother and his family. It'll be better and stronger than a lot of the Sauder and such stuff

If you want something cheap check the sale fliers for Best Buy, Office Max, Staples, Wal Mart, etc on Saturday/Sunday. They each usually have one on sale.

Yeah I think I bought my corner desk (it's actually in VA- I'd sell it to you if I were home) at WalMart for 40 bucks or less....it held my desktop, my printer, and I also had a hutch that I put on top that held my books. Go to WalMart.

I got one from Wal-Mart a few years ago for like $30. It's pretty nice, nothing fancy.

If you want something cheap check the sale fliers for Best Buy, Office Max, Staples, Wal Mart, etc on Saturday/Sunday. They each usually have one on sale.

I was really hoping there'd be a decent one for Memorial Day between those but it was a no go. I spoke to a few guys at Office Depot that I know and they say they are cutting back on products because of the economy.

Plywood and stain is cheap, that way you can make it the exact size you want.
That's why I'm making my own as well as one for by brother and his family. It'll be better and stronger than a lot of the Sauder and such stuff

This may be the way I need to go. I have no clue where to start though :D

*Plus it's been storming every day and is scheduled to for the next week or so so I'd have nowhere to build it outside.

Some of us have the advantage of having some space and more importantly,the tools to make things ourselves. I found a design at Ikea that I liked so I'll build that out of some pine found at home depot. Now what I have done in the past, was to buy one of the cheaper ones at Wal Mart and then spent just a few extra bucks adding a few things to it for strength and such.

Excuse me while I vent.

My friend started talking about her boyfriend this morning and I totally went off about him though I was not planning on it. The thing is, the guy is a total ******* to a lot of people. He treated his ex horribly, he has serious anger issues (never to a point that it gets physical, but I've heard him say things to and about other people that I can't imagine ever saying, or even thinking), and he's had emotional issues in the past.

Basically I started going off about these things and explained my philosophy that if a person can be an ******* to one person, they can be an ******* to any person. However, because the guy is always nice to her (and for the record he's always been nice to me too), she continues to make excuses for him. Now I know it's not my place to butt in and basically tell her her boyfriend is worthless, but I just could not hold it in this morning, especially considering that my friend has dated some real *******s in the past.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Ok, end rant. For now :doh:

Excuse me while I vent.

My friend started talking about her boyfriend this morning and I totally went off about him though I was not planning on it. The thing is, the guy is a total ******* to a lot of people. He treated his ex horribly, he has serious anger issues (never to a point that it gets physical, but I've heard him say things to and about other people that I can't imagine ever saying, or even thinking), and he's had emotional issues in the past.

Basically I started going off about these things and explained my philosophy that if a person can be an ******* to one person, they can be an ******* to any person. However, because the guy is always nice to her (and for the record he's always been nice to me too), she continues to make excuses for him. Now I know it's not my place to butt in and basically tell her her boyfriend is worthless, but I just could not hold it in this morning, especially considering that my friend has dated some real *******s in the past.

Mind your business, and worry about your own relationships.

^ Some girls are just too stupid for their own good and cant see what others see. By you pointing it out, she will probably start to notice it when he starts to act up.

I wouldn't call it stupid. Sometimes other stuff,(feelings),get in the way.Ren,in the long run,you're just concerned about your friend. Seems like this may have been building for a bit. Might be better times,places,and ways to say what you did,but the concern is there. May want to step back a little though, and let things cool down and maybe give yourself a chance to look at things again. Could be that it gets a little clearer now that you got all that out.

Excuse me while I vent.

.... but I just could not hold it in this morning, especially considering that my friend has dated some real *******s in the past.

I think she likes *******s. They make her hot. Thus, the endless cycle of dates who are *******s.

Not much you can do about it.

:2cents:

^ Some girls are just too stupid for their own good and cant see what others see. By you pointing it out, she will probably start to notice it when he starts to act up.

Just listen or read Bro!

I took a drive today

Time to emancipate

I guess it was the beatings made me wise

But I'm not about to give thanks or apologize

I couldn't breathe holdin' me down

Hand on my face kissin' the ground

Enmity gauged united by fear

'Posed to endure what I could not forgive...

I seem to look away

Wounds in the mirror waved

It wasn't my surface most defiled

Head at your feet fool to your crown

Fist on my plate, swallowed it down

Enmity gauged, united by fear

Tried to endure what I could not forgive

Saw things

Clearer

Once you, were in my...Rearview mirror...

I gather speed from you ****ing with me

Once and for all I'm far away

I hardly believe, finally the shades...are raised...hey...

Saw things so much clearer

Once you, once you...

Rearview mirror

Saw things so much clearer

Once you...oh yeah...

http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=l60&ei=nmEdSse4DtyJtgeGiPyLDQ&resnum=0&q=pearl%20jam%20rear%20view%20mirror&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv#

Motorhead is the Pearl Jam king! That's an awesome song, I think Vs is a very underrated album.

I had a burger from 5 Guys for lunch today, and it took forever because some guy in front of me ordered lunch for his whole office. That blows when you think, oh only 2 people in front of me, and those 2 people order the equivalent of having to stand in line behind 15 people.

Ren, I know the feeling. I have a friend who always dates crazy women. The last one said she didn't love my friend anymore, never did.(about a month ago) Then a week later told my friend that if she left to visit friends, she wasn't welcome at home anymore. My friend lives 2 hours away finally left the next day, and ended up crashing on my couch. She moved back to her moms, which is on the other side of the state...but not before she had to beg and plead for "ex" to let her back in the house to get her things. That was about 2 weeks ago. So over memorial weekend...my friend text me that she was at the Oregon coast with "ex" and moved back in:doh: Oh, and this is about the 5th time in 6 months they have "broke up"....ridiculous.

I will never understand what the attraction is for someone that either treats you like ****, or treats everyone else like ****. It's like some people just don't know how to live happy...they must live in chaos on purpose.

It's like some people just don't know how to live happy...they must live in chaos on purpose.

That's actually the truth, and my ex was admittedly one of them. Supposedly it stems from being brought up around unhealthy relationships. They search for what they find "comfortable" and can't truly appreciate a normal happy relationship. She's working hard on trying to change it, obviously poor self esteem is a huge factor.

Archived