Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I swear, I dream in burgundy & gold. Maybe 3-4 nights ago, I dreamed that GACOLB was back...I remembered the feeling of my dream, even...
And now he's back! :) 

Truly wild, gotta figure out how this affects the universe, etc. LOL

I can't wait for the season. I'm about to bust. I didn't flip off the guy with the big silver star on the back window of his pickup, but I thought about it...

Hail, y'all!

Edit, add: they just showed a "safety in nail salons" teaser on the local news, and the video  was a dude with his feet in the pedicure sink...THEY WERE HAIRY FEET!   What? Are we using the cavemen from GEICO ads now?

I can't wait for the season. I'm about to bust. 

Having absolutely zero confidence in the HC, and not much more in his coordinators, the apathy I have for the coming football season is so 'meh' it's not even funny.

Why I'm barley venturing into the stadium or looking at any football 'news' and spending all my time in here with you reproba ..... hmmmm, awesomely wonderful folk!

Hail. 

Having absolutely zero confidence in the HC, and not much more in his coordinators, the apathy I have for the coming football season is so 'meh' it's not even funny.

Why I'm barley venturing into the stadium or looking at any football 'news' and spending all my time in here with you reproba ..... hmmmm, awesomely wonderful folk!

Hail. 

Hey, now...I get to see 'em again this year!  This is big time ****, surely you remember how nutty I got last time, with 10 being benched!

I only check out the stadium when there's news, and there hasn't been much.  We didn't move a whole bunch in FA, our drafts are solid, so it's just a wait and see at this point.  I will hail regardless.

Hail.

Man, I don't go into the stadium at all. I think the last time I was in there was around draft time.

I'll go in once training camp starts and preseason just to see how things are going. I'll probably start posting once the season starts. I just don't see the point of caring about or commenting on stuff that largely doesn't matter.

I know the NFL wants to be a year round sport, always having stuff to maintain its relevance, but I just don't want that. I like the season to be over and not to have to worry about the sport at all.

Being on this message board is weird. I've stopped caring about the football team years ago. But I can't get enough of you degenerates and mary. 

I went to go see them play the Steelers at Heinz field, decent seats behind the endzone. It was when Hurricane Sandy was hitting shore. My wife and I fell asleep during the third quarter—that's pretty hard to do when it's a cold steady drizzle. 

Being on this message board is weird. I've stopped caring about the football team years ago. But I can't get enough of you degenerates and mary. 

I went to go see them play the Steelers at Heinz field, decent seats behind the endzone. It was when Hurricane Sandy was hitting shore. My wife and I fell asleep during the third quarter—that's pretty hard to do when it's a cold steady drizzle. 

Good grief...the stadium is too LOUD!  (then the Falcons got flagged for it, LOL)  I couldn't hear myself think, much less form a thought that said, "Yeah, sleep is what I need..."

Glad y'all made it out OK...that was one helluva storm.

El, how dare you qualify us as degenerates and exclude Mary from that statement. She's one of us! ;)

I think I'll go to FedEx this season. It's been since RG3's first home game against the Bengals that I've been. I miss getting super wasted and then walking into the stadium.

The only blowout that I can ever remember at FedEx was when we played the Lions several seasons ago. The upper bowl was empty by the 4th quarter because we were beating the pants off of them so hard.

I think they mailed the third season in. They need to break some of the story dynamics, nothing that happened in the third season seemed fresh.

Yeah...I hope its not a theme with Netflix shows. House of Cards had a disappointing Season 3 as well.

Ix gonna need an airfield for all them dolls, Jack. Talkin about "and this hangar is the Washington Nationals bobblehead exhibit."

"The hangar was previously used to house C-47 aircraft."

"Here, we have a trillion dolls of Jose Lobaton."

Rudy on Tv, just finished. Only sports movie that can bring me to tears every time. Powerful

That movie is so good, that I'm sure Doc hasn't seen it.

Rudy on Tv, just finished. Only sports movie that can bring me to tears every time. Powerful

I ain't gonna lie, the last scene where he gets put in the game and gets the sack, tears me up.  Wife laughs at me for it and every time we watch it, her eyes immediately turn to me during that part.  

She is like, how does this one movie scene make my manly, scruffy guy tear up every time?  I guess I'm just a sucker for stories based off true stories, David vs. Goliath ****.

I actually use that in those work ice breaker team building exercises.  The two truths and a lie one.

I go with these three:

1.  I met Flava Flav when I was 17 yo and got invited to a party in his hotel suite when they were on tour. (truth)

2.  I tear up or cry at the end of the movie Rudy every time I watch it (truth)

3.  I have a tattoo on my shoulder I keep hidden (lie).

Every single time, they pick 1 or 2 as the lie LOL.

Good stuff. There is just something about it, the whole movie builds up to that one moment and with the music pounding and the excitement and the pride of the family and friends, the respect he's earned from his teammates, his own realization of lifelong dream...it's just too much. Waterworks every time.

Actually, other parts of the movie get me too. There are several terrific and emotional scenes throughout.

Probably my favorite sports movie. I don't care for most sports movies to be honest. They are just too predictable and most of the time, filmed poorly and unrealistically for their sport.

Remember the Titans is one of the handful that I actually love, but the football scenes in that movie are ridiculous. The clothesline 360 tackles, Bertier whiffing on a tackle

Falling down, getting up and still chasing him down before guy gets to sideline, the planned QB dip on the DL etc. Won't even get into the 50yard double reverse state title winning final play of the game with the backup QB running and the starting QB throwing about 5 lead blocks that a genetic combination of Trent Williams, Larry Allen and Orlando Pace couldnt perform.

Anyway, my point is, it's hard for me to get into sports movies. I love most of them for the aspects outside of the actual sports. Most of them are boring, trite and predictable though.

Id go:

Rudy

Remember the Titans

Field of Dreams

Any Given Sunday

The Sandlot

Probably top 5. Maybe Angels in the Outfield. Gridiron Gang in there somewhere. Haven't seen AITO in awhile but loved it as a kid.

I know I'm missing a couple in there but those are the only ones I can even feel comfortable saying I either love or strongly like.

Reminds you of your high school football career, huh? ;)

Being 5'7...yeah there are some similarities lol. But I was actually pretty good and, fortunately, went to a cowpie high school in the middle of nowhere where a slow, short white kid could play WR and be one of the best players

I actually use that in those work ice breaker team building exercises. The two truths and a lie one.

I go with these three:

1. I met Flava Flav when I was 17 yo and got invited to a party in his hotel suite when they were on tour. (truth)

2. I tear up or cry at the end of the movie Rudy every time I watch it (truth)

3. I have a tattoo on my shoulder I keep hidden (lie).

Every single time, they pick 1 or 2 as the lie LOL.

Funny thing. We do that as well except one truth and two lies.

My truth is that "I've had a day named after me" . Everybody always picks it for a lie but it's true. In 5th grade, I pretty much owned my school, I was like an intellectual prodigy (really fell short of expectations as I got older) I was asked in 1st grade if I wanted to advance to 3rd grade instead. My parent turned it down. Later I was asked if I would go from 3rd to 4th or 5th again. No sale but it was decided I would take different tests than other classmates and stuff, unbeknownst to them. Anyway, in 5th grade I set a county record for Accelerated Reader points, like

Doubled the previous record up. So my elementary school picked a day in the Spring and named it after me. They had banners everywhere, they printed badges with my school

Picture on them and all the other students K-5 Had to wear them. There was an assembly and I had to give a speech. Kindergarteners were in awe of when they saw me in the hallway. I was a King and it was glorious.

Archived