Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Session 9 is another good one (one of my top horror faves of the last 20 years), but you have to be ready for your mind to get ****ed. Cant half watch that one. Me and chew talk about it all the time. Classic joint right there.

Do it, Gordon!

My dad said that it was really good.  Is it on Netflix?

Never been one for role play, but I am warming to the idea.

It's not like something that is part of our routine really.

It's just something fun for that one day. We joke about it and make it silly.

You're a little younger than myself...but it's actually really a good way to bond and have some silly fun. Hell, we act like teenagers with money out there, it's a blast.

You have to find someone that can be able to laugh at themselves and you be able to do the same.

When you find that person...keep them. My wife makes fun of me every single day. I return the favor. All these years and we still keep it fun and fresh, and are still madly in love.

This could go in a few threads...but it is random (sorta).

Anniversary of Back to the Future.

I would love to see a reboot and see what they do with it.

I know most people would scream blasphemy...I think it would be tamed down based on the last movie OR crazy like Minority Report.

This could go in a few threads...but it is random (sorta).

Anniversary of Back to the Future.

I would love to see a reboot and see what they do with it.

I know most people would scream blasphemy...I think it would be tamed down based on the last movie OR crazy like Minority Report.

I think they could reboot it and make it better like Batman.  I don't care what anyone says, the Batman reboot with Christian Bale was far better than ANY of the original Batman movies.  It's not a knock on them, but with technology and a great script with a good director/producer, gave awesome results.  

That's a nostalgic thing that most people have. I understand. Can you really remake  Scarface for a third time ? No. I've seen both, the second was better and the first would not even be considered to be remade.

I was watching E.T. yesterday and thought..."hmm...would they" ? 

That's a nostalgic thing that most people have. I understand. Can you really remake  Scarface for a third time ? No. I've seen both, the second was better and the first would not even be considered to be remade.

I was watching E.T. yesterday and thought..."hmm...would they" ? 

I'm with ya man.  Damn it, now I have to go out and buy BTTF trilogy and let Tazette watch it.  I actually can't believe she hasn't seen it yet.  I'm slippin.....

Edit: just bought it on Vudu, will watch it with my little minion tomorrow :)

My kid cracks me up.  Yesterday, I had the RTT thread up on the computer screen.  Tazette walks in and we had the following conversation:

Tazette:  Whats that?

Me:  What are you talking about?

Tazette:  On your computer?

Me: Redskins forum board.

Tazette:  I love the Redskins!

Me:  Me too.

Tazette:  Cool, the Grinch!  

Me:  Ah, yeah that's my boy Kosh.

Tazette:  Huh?  That's not a Kosh that's the Grinch that stole Christmas.

Its been on Netflix for awhile. I just ignored it because the premise seemed stupid. But I caught about 45 seconds of it on SyFy, and that was enough to get me to fire up Netflix and watch it. Awesome movie

I was just flipping through the channels and saw it was on Showtime and it had a 3.5/4 star rating, and then I saw it had Captain America in it, so I figured I'd see what's up with it. Not bad for a recent movie that I'd never heard of.

I wish there was more put into the ending, though. So they blow up the door and the train gets mangled and ****. Korean Girl and Black Child survive the explosion and walk out into the icy apocalypse (also, 18 years has to be a record for shortest ice-age ever!), but did everyone else die? Does Korean Girl know how to survive the frigid environment without Dad who learned from the Inuit?

OK, I'm usually not THAT out of the loop...who, why, and when the hell did Scarface get redone?

And what was the name of that Edward Norton movie where he played "the stupid killer" who fooled his lawyer till the end? Dammit, my brain's gone dead...

We were so super slammed at lunch yesterday, and I was the only server there. Made good $, and didn't lose my ****. Some folks were understanding and sympathetic, others not so much, but it wasn't my fault. We could staff more if business was a little more stable, but we're doing the skeleton thing. One thing I gotta add: the kitchen dudes rocked. All food was done correctly the first time with no hassles, and looked great on the plates. I was proud of us, on the whole.

a few less obvious films that might not jump out at you:

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

Get the Gringo

Nebraska

And I watched it 5 years ago, but "Enter the Void" is still on there. I'd sell my soul to the devil if just ONE of the ES homies took a peek. It's 72% on rotten is respectable, but you watch this movie for the experience. I know I've mentioned it before, but most of the stoner and druggie forums ranked "Enter the Void" as the #1 movie to watch while tripping off acid, ahead of Pink Floyd's "the wall."

enter-the-void_970x390.jpg

OK, I'm usually not THAT out of the loop...who, why, and when the hell did Scarface get redone?

And what was the name of that Edward Norton movie where he played "the stupid killer" who fooled his lawyer till the end? Dammit, my brain's gone dead...

Primal Fear ? With Richard Gere is what I believe you are talking about.

Archived