Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I should be hit in the head with hammer.  I knew to steer clear of the Pizza/Religion thread.  Made a comment and got blasted by a poster.  Excused myself and I'm now staying out of it.

I just wish people could debate civilly instead of having to respond with snarky, know it all, condescending replies. It just makes you want to explode sometimes that you cannot express an opinion without someone dumping all over it.  I know we have have different views and opinions, but why can't some people reply respectfully by disagreeing and not being a jerk about it?

Like I said, this place is on edge for some reason.  Something in the water.

I saw nothing "dramatic" about your post.  Anyone could clearly see your stance, not sure why you got called out for that.  

So what's the over under on when bible verses will start getting tossed out in that thread?  

Every thread like those ends the same, and the select few extremists always take it too far with no open mind to the fact they could be wrong in their stated opinions, but will start dismissing everyone else as if there is only one right answer, which is theirs.  

Man, I've been in a bit of a funk lately.  Mostly at work.  Being short with coworkers, feeling overloaded, stressing.  I think this means I need to take a vacation soon.  Need to refresh.  The weekend breaks don't completely recharge me.

Yeah, because your a full time dad too.  While the little ones can make you smile and forget about all the day to day bull**** at work, it's still a job at home.  It gets easier to relax more on weekends and recharge when they get older.  

Take a 4 day vacation to the beach or something, Friday through Monday.  I don't know how your office works for vacation time, so if that's not possible, ignore and take the week or whatever you can.

At Food Lion I had to take the entire week off and could not work, they wouldn't allow one day here and there.  At my current job, I can take off anytime I want (as long as it's approved).  

Yeah, because your a full time dad too.  While the little ones can make you smile and forget about all the day to day bull**** at work, it's still a job at home.  It gets easier to relax more on weekends and recharge when they get older.  

Take a 4 day vacation to the beach or something, Friday through Monday.  I don't know how your office works for vacation time, so if that's not possible, ignore and take the week or whatever you can.

At Food Lion I had to take the entire week off and could not work, they wouldn't allow one day here and there.  At my current job, I can take off anytime I want (as long as it's approved).  

Yeah, I can take it.  I think you're right.  A long weekend would probably do wonders.

Amazing story and everything she overcame, no doubt. But I think it would be one of the following:

Harriet Tubman

Eleanor Roosevelt

Rosa Parks

Susan B Anthony (maybe not since she was on a silver dollar)

Don't have a problem with any of those. What Helen Keller did just blows my mind though. She might be the most impressive person to ever live, man or woman.

You know this wouldn't be a bad thread/poll. Any other women that should be added to the poll besides those already mentioned? Abagail Adams?

And I can't believe someone would take Ben Franklin off the money before Andrew Jackson. Get out of here with that ****.

Don't have a problem with any of those. What Helen Keller did just blows my mind though. She might be the most impressive person to ever live, man or woman.

You know this wouldn't be a bad thread/poll. Any other women that should be added to the poll besides those already mentioned? Abagail Adams?

And I can't believe someone would take Ben Franklin off the money before Andrew Jackson. Get out of here with that ****.

Abigail Adams works too, I forgot about her and a few more:

Amelia Earhart

Betty Ross

Sandra Day O'Conner 

A poll would be a great idea, IMO.  So many influential and remarkable women to choose from.

Insecurity should be outlawed.

Some folks need to 'man up' (women do as well).

It is scary how so many people are easily manipulated.

Confidence, drive, security, trust, honor, respect, humor. Pretty short list to me.

I will add in consistency also.

You guys only liked that because you know that I am always snarky and a borderline ass.

Thanks though, just random thoughts.

What is that old saying about loving yourself ?

Lot of love in this thread, sometimes it is tough love...but it seems to be genuine most of the time.

I had another random thought and forgot...I hate when that happens, it was good.

Cousin got laid off, another breathing sand in Saudi

**** getting real..

Explain this further.

Please. 

My Ex-GF was laid off after 9/11. She received a wonderful severance package...then she decided to shop instead of work.

That was a deal breaker for me.

Archived