Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Y'all never dated ex-military girls? My bathroom is uber neat & tidy. Wouldn't necessarily pass inspection, but you won't find any of that nonsense mentioned earlier. Mom stressed the "be discreet " thing - I had a brother who still turns 20 shades of red at the mere mention of such things, lmao!

Y'all never dated ex-military girls? My bathroom is uber neat & tidy. Wouldn't necessarily pass inspection, but you won't find any of that nonsense mentioned earlier. Mom stressed the "be discreet " thing - I had a brother who still turns 20 shades of red at the mere mention of such things, lmao!

Never dated a military girl. I'm not military so it wouldn't really work for me. I just couldn't do it. I'd have a military girl, with her military men friends who are about 20 times the man I am and I'd just feel inadequate.

On another note. Netflix streaming video quality is better than Fios broadcast quality. It's 2015. A TV service that I pay something like $80 or more for should at least have the quality of a $10 Internet TV service. The fact that Fios doesn't have the capability to broadcast at 1080p or 4k at this point is appalling.

Even with all the memorabilia I hoard I have very little Redskins merch. Maybe a cup from the 2007 season, and a Stephen Davis teddy bear, and a signed Joe Gibbs sheet. That's it. Maybe it's the name controversy or the embarrassing play but most of the stuff here is Nats and Caps. 

They had the RG3 McFarlane figure at the store today and I was like I don't want that. I want the Bryce Harper one. 

Maybe in time I will buy more Redskins stuff (I've seen RG3 dolls, action figures, DeSean Jackson bobbleheads) but right now I absolutely refuse to buy any of it. 

If the Redskins aren't playing I have absolutely no interest in watching other teams play. **** at this point I might not even watch the Super Bowl.

I casually watch the games, but the Packers are my team this week yo. The closer the cowpies get to the SB, the harder I'm rooting for the other team. If those motha****in Ravens play them in the SB, I'm a ****ing Raven fan, and partying my ass off with my Ravens fans friends if they win.

It's weird, because I hate that they're in the playoffs, but it's fun rooting against them. If they get beat tomorrow, I'll be back to casually watching the rest of the playoffs.

Gotta find a green and yellow get-up for the game. Redskins hat of course.

Phase I of the new TV installation completed.  HHGregg sub-contractors came out earlier today and mounted the TV above the fireplace, took them a total of 15-20 mins.  Got one of the tower cabinets assembled and my dad cut some holes for the cords.  Second cabinet, well, they (Amazon) shipped two left sides, so we have to call them and have them send us a right side, luckily all the components are going in the one completed.

Now on to bigger topics.  I've decided to go with a soundbar for this TV, since it was mounted 4-5 inches above the mantle to allow for one.  I really know nothing about sound bar systems.  Anyone know of any really good ones that are not too expensive?  Maybe in the $200-$400 range (though closer to $200 would be better).  Would like a subwoofer and possibly two rear wireless speakers for true surround, but neither are a necessity.  

Phase I of the new TV installation completed.  HHGregg sub-contractors came out earlier today and mounted the TV above the fireplace, took them a total of 15-20 mins.  Got one of the tower cabinets assembled and my dad cut some holes for the cords.  Second cabinet, well, they (Amazon) shipped two left sides, so we have to call them and have them send us a right side, luckily all the components are going in the one completed.

Now on to bigger topics.  I've decided to go with a soundbar for this TV, since it was mounted 4-5 inches above the mantle to allow for one.  I really know nothing about sound bar systems.  Anyone know of any really good ones that are not too expensive?  Maybe in the $200-$400 range (though closer to $200 would be better).  Would like a subwoofer and possibly two rear wireless speakers for true surround, but neither are a necessity.  

I have a samsung sound bar that acts like its surround sound and i love it.  

Tazer, Ive had this for over a tear now and I flipping love it. http://www.amazon.com/Sony-HTCT260H-Sound-Wireless-Subwoofer/dp/B00E3AKF1C

Most reviews are 5 out of 5 stars on amazon.

That mother ****er makes some NOISE. subwoofer is wireless so it can be placed anywhere. Bluetooth connects to phones, ipods, and laptops. Wired to tv and other hardwire inputs options as well

Bass from the subwoofer of a ratchet rap song rattles our windows, and makes the explosions in Battlefield 4 feel incredible. Surround sound options really DOES create theater sound experience, even with just a bar in front of you.

We paid closer to 300 but it's on amazon now for 188.

Tazer, Ive had this for over a tear now and I flipping love it. http://www.amazon.com/Sony-HTCT260H-Sound-Wireless-Subwoofer/dp/B00E3AKF1C

Most reviews are 5 out of 5 stars on amazon.

That mother ****er makes some NOISE. subwoofer is wireless so it can be placed anywhere. Bluetooth connects to phones, ipods, and laptops. Wired to tv and other hardwire inputs options as well

Bass from the subwoofer of a ratchet rap song rattles our windows, and makes the explosions in Battlefield 4 feel incredible. Surround sound options really DOES create theater sound experience, even with just a bar in front of you.

We paid closer to 300 but it's on amazon now for 188.

Thanks Chewy!  I was looking at a Sony one with just the subwoofer in reviews and it was rated excellent, think it was your model.  

Question, how high is the actual soundbar?  4 inches?  And it comes with an amplifier right?  So three total pieces (soundbar/speaker, amp and sub)?

No man. The amp is built in. 2 pieces. Most of the soundbars I have seen are no more than 3 inches in height.

The only thing I don't like about that one is that there is no remote.

I have a Samsung (I don't recall the model) and it's incredible got it for X-mas ...I want to say two years ago (might have been last year (not three weeks ago).

I love the damn thing, it's awesome. Like Chew was talking about on another topic when the wife isn't home I throw on some Too $hort and you can feel it.

Archived