Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

http://twitter.com/SBNLukeThomas/statuses/182826742740811777

About to head out but wow Dana White

Smh

I'm beginning to like this Dana White fella.

---------- Post added March-23rd-2012 at 01:21 AM ----------

I'm not a huge soccer fan, but I'd probably but soccer right there with basketball as sports you have to be athletic to play.

Soccer is tough because there aren't all those commercial breaks in between. You play 45 minutes, halftime, then play another 45 minutes. There's not many breaks. That's alot of running around during the course of the game. Plus the whole sub thing, that once you're out, you're out. So its not like you can even go off to the sidelines and catch a quick break.

You don't have to be athletic to play soccer. Just in shape. Some of the most unathletic guys at my hs played soccer. I'm talking total dorks.

---------- Post added March-23rd-2012 at 01:22 AM ----------

And partially because it's hockey, minus the action. ;)
And toughness.

I'm beginning to like this Dana White fella.

[/color]You don't have to be athletic to play soccer. Just in shape. Some of the most unathletic guys at my hs played soccer. I'm talking total dorks.

---------- Post added March-23rd-2012 at 01:22 AM ----------

And toughness.

I gotta come to the defense of the world's game here. I can respect the average american to dislike soccer. I too often find games a bit boring and I haven't missed an Arsenal match in probably over 3 years. Once you can appreciate the nuances, just like in any sport, there is much to enjoy. I'm not going to try and convert anyone, but just want to argue the stupid argument that anyone athletic or "in shape" can play soccer.

Yes, anyone can run around and swing their leg at a ball on the ground, but to play the game at the top level, just like any professional sport you have to have years and years if not decades of "touch" (the equivalent of hitting a golf ball just the way you want, or striking a tennis serve with the perfect spin, or receiving a rocket hockey pass and laying off a nuclear missile of a slap shot in to the top corner past the goalie glove side)

Out of all the sports I played in high school (soccer, track, cross country, football, wrestling) I would have to say my 10+ years experience of playing soccer since I was 4 put me shoulders above the rest as far as skill and ability, where as I just walked on to the football and wrestling teams having no experience what so ever and although not a starter or anything, I definitely held my own playing outside linebacker.

I'm not knocking any sport, I pretty much love them all, But to say that anyone can play soccer because a 3 yr old can is akin to saying anyone can be Peyton Manning because I saw a 3 yr old toss his dad a football the other day. There's just nothing intelligent about that. This guy from UFC or whatever is making a completely ignorant statement about both soccer and hockey. Im a big boxing fan and occasionally enjoy the odd MMA match, but really that kind of fighting for me requires so much less skill than boxing, which can be described as an art form by many. This guy just sounds like a fool to me.

As far as dorks playing soccer. Yes that's true, but just as much as any sport, plus it depends on what generation/decade and what high school you are talking about. Soccer is taking over this country and although will never be as popular as football is definitely the "popular" sport at many schools these days.

Ok, I'm done, hate that I just ranted about soccer on ES, but as a huge fan of both forms of football, just couldn't stand by this idiot canadian prez of UFC ignoramus .

Totally seems like they got completely stoned and/or wasted to come up with that idea. :ols: "Yea dude, before Lincoln was pres, he kicked the **** out of vampires with a weapon that was part axe, part shotgun." "Duuuuuude, write that down!"

:ols:

Maybe i'll read up on it a bit more, give it a shot.

Check out the book. It is pretty good.

Is your ex-wife your gf??

Yeah. We've been trying to work things out for about 5 months now. I don't know where it will go. There's a ton of history there, good and bad. But for now, we're enjoying each other's company, and showing the kids how we should have treated each other all along.

Not everyone can be a Lionel Messi or a Robin Van Persie. I'd be more critical of baseball, where you have people like Mo Vaughn playing. Do you know how huge he is :ols:
Hitting a baseball is probably the hardest thing in all of sports.

---------- Post added March-23rd-2012 at 12:12 PM ----------

Koji Uehara gave up 11 home runs in 24 1/3 reg season / spring training innings with Rangers. Wow :ols:

BS why was Teheran so bad the other day. Tigers lit him up lol

Dude, it's SPRING TRAINING. Who gives a ****. Soriano has 5 home runs this spring. Do you think he is gonna hit 50 HR over the course of the season? I've never cared about what a player does in ST. It's mainly for getting into playing shape and getting all the kinks worked out. In NO WAY is it a barometer of how a team or player's season is gonna go.

Teheran likely won't even be in our starting rotation, btw.

---------- Post added March-23rd-2012 at 12:14 PM ----------

My barber will simply not shut up. I have to pretend to be amused by his excruciating 25-minute monologue every time I get my hair cut.
It takes 25 minutes for your barber to cut your hair?

I just went out with five ladies from work. Picture this, a 6'6" big black dude walking down the streets of Arlington with three white women, a Nigerian woman, and an Ethiopian woman and none of them are over 5'6". I bet there were a lot of :wtf:s being said. :ols:

Pimpin' ain't easy.

*runs and hides*

The chicks are the best part about that show.

All of them are incredible characters. I love Pam and Archer hitting (destroying) the sheets lately lmao.That show has writing (and acting) that equals some of the best live-action comedies on any network.

Archived