Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

For me I never enjoyed watching golf till I started playing it. I think after you've played you can really appreciate the amazing shots the pros make so it makes it better for you as a viewer.

I've hacked, and you're right. I do appreciate what they can do. I just don't find it particularly interesting to watch. Like I said though, it's a matter of preference.

I'm not a huge soccer fan, but I'd probably but soccer right there with basketball as sports you have to be athletic to play.

Soccer is tough because there aren't all those commercial breaks in between. You play 45 minutes, halftime, then play another 45 minutes. There's not many breaks. That's alot of running around during the course of the game. Plus the whole sub thing, that once you're out, you're out. So its not like you can even go off to the sidelines and catch a quick break.

I'm not a huge soccer fan, but I'd probably but soccer right there with basketball as sports you have to be athletic to play.

Soccer is tough because there aren't all those commercial breaks in between. You play 45 minutes, halftime, then play another 45 minutes. There's not many breaks. That's alot of running around during the course of the game. Plus the whole sub thing, that once you're out, you're out. So its not like you can even go off to the sidelines and catch a quick break.

That's not really athleticism though. That's just good endurance.

The way some of those guys can be so accurate with their shots, the footwork when they are dribbling, that seems pretty athletic to me.

Coming from a non-soccer fan. The problem is those things are so few and far between.

That's not really athleticism though. That's just good endurance.

The way some of those guys can be so accurate with their shots, the footwork when they are dribbling, that seems pretty athletic to me.

Coming from a non-soccer fan. The problem is those things are so few and far between.

But in between the stellar shots and fancy footwork there's the strategery of controlling possession, advancing the ball up the field, and defending your own goal. That's the part that I think gets lost on a lot of viewers, partially bc most casual viewers never played soccer beyond 5th grade, and partially because in-game analysis of soccer is absolute garbage.

But in between the stellar shots and fancy footwork there's the strategery of controlling possession, advancing the ball up the field, and defending your own goal. That's the part that I think gets lost on a lot of viewers, partially bc most casual viewers never played soccer beyond 5th grade, and partially because in-game analysis of soccer is absolute garbage.

And partially because it's hockey, minus the action. ;)

I get that. But compared to other sports, it's just not as impressive as most sports. Don't get me wrong, they're obviously the best in the world at what they do. Put an inferior player in front of them and they will make them look silly. It just doesn't have the same excitement and action that other sports offer.

And partially because it's hockey, minus the action. ;)
I get that. But compared to other sports, it's just not as impressive as most sports. Don't get me wrong, they're obviously the best in the world at what they do. Put an inferior player in front of them and they will make them look silly. It just doesn't have the same excitement and action that other sports offer.

To each his own. But similar to golf (and all sports, really) it's much easier to appreciate (and thus recognize how impressive it is) if you've played or if you have a better understanding of the game.

That said, there are soccer games that are boring as absolute ****. Then again, there are football games that are boring as ****.

To each his own. But similar to golf (and all sports, really) it's much easier to appreciate (and thus recognize how impressive it is) if you've played or if you have a better understanding of the game.

That said, there are soccer games that are boring as absolute ****. Then again, there are football games that are boring as ****.

I will say this. I love playing soccer and I play at least once a week, but I hate watching it on tv. The players do need to be tougher for Americans to watch it.

Do any of you other old farts remember a commercial/infomercial from the 80's that told you to "read the book!"?

I remember it had someone asking all these trivia questions or telling you that you could get the answers if you, "read the book".

edit...I guess it was a Time Life series. Anyone remember these?

:ols:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-spEDkEDJ4

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/even-batman-gets-flat-tires-in-his-lamborghini-sometimes.html

Expecting a joker, officers instead found a well-dressed Dark Knight had indeed suffered a flat tire in his Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder while driving to entertain children at a Washington hospital. After getting the $200,000 Gallardo off the highway and arranging for a tow, Batman hung around to pose with the Howard County officer before catching a ride from a buddy to make his appearance. Lots of mysteries remain about the incident, but at least Batman got to his destination. Maybe next Halloween, he could just let Robin drive.

Might be same guy, someone linked this article under the FB image. Humorous

I'm hoping this movie lives up to the hype (and previews).

I love the Johnny Cash intro for the trailer. I have been waiting a long time for this to come out. Hopefully it is as good as the book. And a shotgun ax, why are there not more of these?

Haha. Well in reality I probably would have just left the ***** a passive aggressive note and hoped she shaped up. Good on you, skinsgirl!

I tried. I put her dirty dishes in her room, left the vacuum in front of her door, left her "friendly" little reminders. I tried yelling and screaming. Nothing worked. And now it's only one month's, definitely worth it cause she definitely wouldn't have left and I didn't want her using my **** aka everything in our apartment except for her tiny couch. ***** quit mooching.

I studied my butt of for a quiz today. The teacher kept emphasizing for us to read. No quiz, it's on Tuesday. Guess I'm prepared at least.

Edit: God, ranting is so satisfying.

Archer was funnier then hell. Season's done. :(

Love me some Lana. :pfft:

Can't believe we don't have an Archer thread. :ols:

---------- Post added March-22nd-2012 at 07:47 PM ----------

^^^^

Is that serious?

Actually, everything about it says "cool!" to me so far.

To me, that is one of the worst ideas for a movie, maybe ever.

Different strokes though I guess.

Oh, that was my first reaction too, make no mistake. :ols:

It was "Jesus, you have got to be ****ing kidding me", but then the more I found out about the source, saw the trailer and read/heard about it, it got cool. :D

Oh, that was my first reaction too, make no mistake. :ols:

It was "Jesus, you have got to be ****ing kidding me", but then the more I found out about the source, saw the trailer and read/heard about it, it got cool. :D

Totally seems like they got completely stoned and/or wasted to come up with that idea. :ols: "Yea dude, before Lincoln was pres, he kicked the **** out of vampires with a weapon that was part axe, part shotgun." "Duuuuuude, write that down!"

Maybe i'll read up on it a bit more, give it a shot.

Archived