Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Anyone had Dreamland BBQ? I think they might only be in Alabama but my sister brought back some sauce from Tuscaloosa and man, that stuff is delicious!!

Oh yeah! Many, many years ago I used to travel to Birmingham on a monthly basis. I'd stop on Dreamland on my way to the airport to grab 3-4 slabs of ribs to bring home.

Best...ribs...ever.

Oh yeah! Many, many years ago I used to travel to Birmingham on a monthly basis. I'd stop on Dreamland on my way to the airport to grab 3-4 slabs of ribs to bring home.

Best...ribs...ever.

I really wish I coulda had some ribs, I put the sauce on grilled chicken and it was sooooo good...my sister watched to make sure I didn't steal too much from her :ols:

I really wish I coulda had some ribs, I put the sauce on grilled chicken and it was sooooo good...my sister watched to make sure I didn't steal too much from her :ols:

Yeah, I'll bet she does! :ols: Just thinking about those ribs...:drooley:

Dreamland used to only be in Tuscaloosa (original joint) and Birmingham. I think they have more spots in Alabama and maybe Georgia now. Looks like you can order their sause online.

http://www.dreamlandbbq.com/Catalog/CategoryInfo.aspx?CID=7

Damn you! Now I'm going to have to order some ribs & sauce for Memorial Day weekend!!!

I am about to start insanity

I have a MacBook pro I like both macs and pcs. The battery life on this thing is ridiculous.

Exactly, I've had 2 PC laptops (Dell and Sony) and neither of the batteries held more than a 75% charge after a year. Not to mention the build quality of them was just plain terrible. My macbook pro on the other hand is still running at 90% battery health and the aluminum body is ****ing solid. I was on the PC side of the fence for YEARS, saying that macbooks were overrated and such. My friend talked me in to borrowing his for a week while he was out of town and I fell in love with it. I'm in no way a mac fanboy now, but I seriously LOVE this laptop.

Exactly, I've had 2 PC laptops (Dell and Sony) and neither of the batteries held more than a 75% charge after a year. Not to mention the build quality of them was just plain terrible. My macbook pro on the other hand is still running at 90% battery health and the aluminum body is ****ing solid. I was on the PC side of the fence for YEARS, saying that macbooks were overrated and such. My friend talked me in to borrowing his for a week while he was out of town and I fell in love with it. I'm in no way a mac fanboy now, but I seriously LOVE this laptop.

Your boy DeChellis is gone to another school. Don't know which one yet. Too lazy to look further into it.

He made Penn State slightly relevant in basketball twice. Good for him.

Your boy DeChellis is gone to another school. Don't know which one yet. Too lazy to look further into it.

He left for Navy.

Navy.

What does it say about your program when your coach leaves to coach at Navy?

:doh:

:ols:

I'd say it was more Talor Battle than Ed DeChellis. Battle was our team for the last 4 years, but I wish DeChellis good luck at Navy.

Just not MLS

IT's all about EPL

You're proving my point. You'd rather support a league 1000 miles away of which you have absolutely no ties to (unless I'm mistaken) and immediately dismiss the domestic league here in the US as well as the local team. That makes you a snob in my opinion. I don't care if I'm the only MLS fan on this board, don't talk about something you clearly have no clue about.

You're proving my point. You'd rather support a league 1000 miles away of which you have absolutely no ties to (unless I'm mistaken) and immediately dismiss the domestic league here in the US as well as the local team. That makes you a snob in my opinion. I don't care if I'm the only MLS fan on this board, don't talk about something you clearly have no clue about.

MLS is really poor soccer in comparison to EPL. As a passionate soccer fan, I have a hard time watching an MLS game because the play just isn't the same.

I support DC United and thoroughly enjoy going to games but its like suggesting that I'm being snobby for not enjoying a minor league hockey team as much as I enjoy the NHL.

I can watch an EPL game or an international friendly with no rooting interest and still enjoy watching it. Personally, I can't say the same about MLS.

d983aa81-4a7c-4104-9027-fb7cbfd98eae1.jpg

:rolleyes:

Not surprised this is your rebuttal. All you MLS bashers are the same. So with you being over your head on this topic I'll just bite my tongue.

---------- Post added May-23rd-2011 at 08:51 PM ----------

MLS is really poor soccer in comparison to EPL. As a passionate soccer fan, I have a hard time watching an MLS game because the play just isn't the same.

I support DC United and thoroughly enjoy going to games but its like suggesting that I'm being snobby for not enjoying a minor league hockey team as much as I enjoy the NHL.

I can watch an EPL game or an international friendly with no rooting interest and still enjoy watching it. Personally, I can't say the same about MLS.

See I never suggested that MLS was or is even close to the level of EPL or the other international leagues. But to completely dismiss it with no knowledge on it really irks me. Then again I don't even know why I waste my breath trying to discuss it with someone who thinks otherwise. I've been there since the first day in 96' and it's a league I've grown up with so yeah I'll defend it from time to time. I'm not saying you don't know anything about MLS but I am glad you support DC.

MLS is inferior to such leagues as EPL and Serie and Portugal and Spanish leagues

They have El Clasico

They have Man U - City

They have news that resonates around the world. I was in Brazil and found out that Mourinho got a 5 match ban. That's the scope of the international game, it was on the news there. They also had AC Milan on the news there. When in Brazil I saw no coverage of MLS or Sounders or "FC Toronto" or anything like that. It's a blip on the world stage.

You'd be hard pressed to find MLS coverage in or out of the States.

Most of the intel I get from leagues comes from connections who mainly focus on EPL or European soccer. That's where the action is. Those leagues are famous worldwide.

Should I support the Mystics too just because they are in this town, and they are not relevant?

It's not hate, it's just apathy.

---------- Post added May-23rd-2011 at 10:01 PM ----------

Dont' have time to follow MLS matches with all the baseball I listen to every day :(

The MLS is only 15 years old. It'll improve talent-wise. Not to the level of the EPL or Serie A but it will grow. And stars will eventually play here as they did in the late 70s back in the old NASL where the Cosmos for one summer, were THE biggest team in NYC.

Archived