Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

See I never suggested that MLS was or is even close to the level of EPL or the other international leagues. But to completely dismiss it with no knowledge on it really irks me. Then again I don't even know why I waste my breath trying to discuss it with someone who thinks otherwise. I've been there since the first day in 96' and it's a league I've grown up with so yeah I'll defend it from time to time. I'm not saying you don't know anything about MLS but I am glad you support DC.

Yeah, fair enough.

I'd love to have international-level soccer in the states. Its weird that we don't have better competition to a certain extent due to the amount of kids that play, though most talented players go play overseas.

I don't have an issue with MLS, just can't really get into it. World Cup, EPL etc. get me all kinds of pumped though. It does suck that I don't have any connection to an overseas club team, so I can't really figure out who to root for but I still enjoy watching.

Am I reading correctly that Redskins fans don't like the MLS because the quality of play isn't as good?

Basically already answered, its not about the level of play by the individual team its the overall play of the league. DC United was the best team in the DC area not too long ago when they were winning championships but when I watch MLS I just can't get all that excited.

No problem with it or the people who support MLS, just can't get into it.

a while ago i tried to solve the rubik's cube. i could get everything right except the top layer. i gave up eventually. come to find out that my brother rearranged the stickers and it was unsolvable. last night i fixed it and solved the cube :)

If you could get all but one side wouldn't it be obvious something was up?? :P (if I am remembering rubiks cubes correctly you just nake each side a solid color, right?)

If you could get all but one side wouldn't it be obvious something was up?? :P (if I am remembering rubiks cubes correctly you just nake each side a solid color, right?)

Thought the same thing...

So you had 5/6 sides right and somehow the 6th wasn't right? That sounds absolutely impossible... 45/54 colors were right, that would make me assume that the last 9 were also correct...

The computer here is dead.

I first bought the computer in 2006 to prepare for the latest Battlefield game. It has done well as a workhorse for the last 4, almost 5 years. Today, it died during an upgrade operation. In an effort to install a new HD, I had to remove the processor. The processor's needles are all ****ed up and bent out of shape. I don't know how this happened, but it won't plug back into the socket, meaning the computer's dead. All the games are on that computer. This laptop can't run any games. None.

There will be a long road back to recovery after this. For years, there's been a need to upgrade the old PC to a dual-core, or quad-core processor. I've tried to delay this for as long as I could. With the death of the processor, I have no choice.

Over the next couple of days, I'll rely on your help, as well as help from the other forum starting with HF, in order to begin the process of recovery. The likelihood is, a new motherboard that supports a quad core chip will be installed, as well as a new processor. This could cost 300 dollars or more. It's unlikely a completely new computer will be purchased, but rather parts that are outdated on this one will now be swapped.

It hurts that the computer which you've relied on for so long, and grown so accustomed to, is gone. The next few days, or even weeks, will be horrifyingly uninteresting without the pleasure of computer gaming. But I'll have to deal with it. At least this ****ty laptop is still up. In some ways, this is a welcome omen, because the computer is too crap to play modern games, and an upgrade would help prepare this computer for Battlefield 3. In some other ways, as I said, it's just sad to see something that you've used for so long go by the wayside like this.

Watching "Repo Games" on Spike... Basically they come to repo your car, but before they take it away, they ask you 5 trivia questions, if you get 3 right, they pay off your car note... They're 2 questions in to the 2nd "contestant" the questions have been:

1) Which original member of Black Sabbath was born with the first name John? They answered "John Lofton"

2) Name 3 of the 4 countries that have a Disney theme park. They answered US, Africa, and Cuba....

3) In Beverly hills cop Axel Foley is from what Midwestern city? They answered Beverly Hills....

The first one was actually pretty good:

1) Name the 5 states that have compass directionals in their names: NC, SC, ND, SD, and WV (Although the guy said Westconsin)

2) How many coins are in a $10 roll of quarters? 40

3) In 2008 {whatever her name is} divorced this english music star? Paul McCartney

4) This Japanese sport literally translates to {whatever japanese word}? Judo

3rd:

Name the 4 South Park Kids

Raisins were what before they were raisins

Origami is japanese art of folding what?

Who was the first 1st lady?

LOL I WANT MY CAR TO BE REPOED...

Some may ask why I removed the processor. Because the processor is connected to the fan in this big-ass thingamagig, which I had to take out in order to put the HD in (and the HD can't even be screwed in)

I took picture of it before I dispatched of it. Those who are nerdy enough to demand pictures can get them later.

This sucks because computer games are a major way that I combat frequent boredom and disinterest. I guess I'll have to find a new hobby

Either goinf Saturday or Sunday. Can't wait!

Bart Scott?

---------- Post added May-25th-2011 at 01:53 AM ----------

Softball size hail. Ridiculous. Not sure how I still have electricity.

Yeah, I saw where they evacuated everyone at the Rangers-White Sox game. I'm sure you're watching it right now though.:)

Pissed. Got screwed over by the company that runs the apartment complex my gf and I are moving into, and now have to wait until June 17th to move in. So frustrating, as we were originally told we could move in this weekend, and I was all excited about it. ****.

Watching "Repo Games" on Spike... Basically they come to repo your car, but before they take it away, they ask you 5 trivia questions, if you get 3 right, they pay off your car note... LOL I WANT MY CAR TO BE REPOED...

Dude, that show is great. The 2 women in the 2nd clip were so bad it was good. Most of the people on the show are not the brightest and some of their answers are classic.

I am also a big fan of Auction Hunters. They have some really cool stuff on that show and some of the strangest things go for big money. Last night they got a wild game storage unit and one of the stuffed animals in the room was worth $65,000. They only paid like a grand for the room. The nice thing is they are honest and say 80% of the rooms they buy are crap and they make no profit.

Earbuds drive me nuts. They keep falling out of my ear. Yeah, there aren't going to be any problems when you're trying to put a disc into your ear...oh wait

Nothing to hold them in there

Just keep popping out

So I got these new phones today that cling to your ear so I wont' look goofy trying to plug in my earbuds every 5 seconds

Archived