Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I'm partly bored, and party frustrated from work, so I came up with this. I'm considering just making this into a thread of it's own.

The Eight Commandments for customers at Starbucks:

1. Thou shalt order the drink in the correct order.

People, it's quite simple. If it's iced or is caffeinated in any way than the standard (decaf/halfcaf), then you say it first. Then the size of the drink (Tall/Grande/Venti). Then the type of syrup. 5 pumps for a venti, 4 for grande, 3 for tall. If you have any variations, then say it. Then the type of milk IF it's anything other than 2%. Then comes any other customizations (no water, extra whip, extra hot, etc.) Finally, the name of the drink.

Example: Iced decaf grande 3 pump nonfat extra hot no foam no whip mocha.

And for heavens sake...if you don't know how to order, at least tell me what size you want. I can't believe how many people just tell us the drink and we have to actually tell ask them what size.

2. Thou shalt know what they want to order if thou has been waiting in line for 5 minutes.

Really people. The menu is right there. If you've been waiting that long, and the place is hella crowded, don't make things harder on us. Know what you want.

3. Thou shalt not give extra change.

This isn't just at Starbucks, but it pisses me off. If you owe $3.17, don't give me $5.33 because you think you can add change and you'll get less back. And then you just dump what's left in the tip jar. It just makes it harder on me. If you don't know how to give change, then don't. Especially when it's really busy.

4. Thou shalt tell me that you want to reload your card BEFORE you give me your order.

Nothing pisses someone off more than when you give some ridiculous order, only to tell the cashier that you have to reload your Gold Card first so you can get your precious points. It actually requires the cashier to void everything so they can run the card. Be nice, tell them first.

5. Thou shalt not give baristas **** because they come there all the time.

Starbucks allows customers to walk all over baristas. It's practically written in the rulebook. However, just because you "come there all the time" or are a "regular", it doesn't mean that you have to act like an ******* because the guy at the register is new and doesn't know your precious little overpriced drink by heart yet, or doesn't know your name. You aren't special. The fact that you come in every morning at 6AM to buy your ridiculously overpriced drink that "OMG, you can't live without!!!!!1" is proof enough.

6. Thou shalt know where to order.

This is simple. See those big computers? That's where you order. It's the same at almost every single establishment in the country. Don't walk to the end of the store and wait for someone to ask you what they want. They will purposely ignore you for being a ****ing moron.

7. Thou shalt not complain about the music.

Starbucks picks it. We hear the same song 100 times a day. We hate it more than you. Shut up.

And finally...

8. Thous shalt get the **** OFF THE PHONE when ordering.

Would you order your food at a restaurant while on the phone? Would you even do it at McDonalds? Probably not. Don't do it at Starbucks. Imagine it's 9 in the morning. There's a ridiculous rush of people. The line is out the door. The baristas making drinks are about to punch someone, the manager is flipping ****, and the people at the register are dealing with 20 people a minute. Then some douchebag on his phone come up and you can't hear what the **** he's saying because he's talking to two people at once, and then has the balls to give you an ugly look because you dared to raise your voice at him because you can't hear.

One of these days there's going to be a news story about how a barista beat the **** out of someone for being a douche, and believe me...not a single barista would fault them.

Ah **** starbucks. I like my coffee like i like my women, black, but anyways starbucks is way too sweet all that stuff tastes nasty to me. Also taking a dumb in a public restroom not a big deal, squat if you have to. I took a dumb in a hole before so since that anything is servicable. Atleast most places offer water and soap to wash hands, in a hole there's no sink or paper.

full, I pity you, man. I can only imagine the idiots you serve every day. However, the last one would be too much for me. If someone is talking on the phone while ordering something, they need to be ignored, imo. Can't stand fools like that. Get the **** off your cell. You're not that important. I would seriously refuse to take someone's order who was on the phone.

Example: Iced decaf grande 3 pump nonfat extra hot no foam no whip mocha.

Starbucks drinks are waaay too complicated. That's why the only thing I ever order from there is a tall coffee. And I'm not even sure I order that correctly. They should go to the touchscreen order system like Sheetz has.

Why do people hate Tebow so much?
I don't now; in college it was mainly the announcers, but he's alright now.
Ok, so how is Dennis Hopper able to watch a live college football game in Speed, when the movie occurs during a week day?
Weekday game? Title game? :whoknows:

Being able to leave 3+ hours early from work FTW! :wavetowel:jump::peaceout::point2sky

Starbucks drinks are waaay too complicated. That's why the only thing I ever order from there is a tall coffee. And I'm not even sure I order that correctly. They should go to the touchscreen order system like Sheetz has.

It's really not that hard. Size, syrup, milk, customization, drink.

And when you order a tall coffee, make sure not to call it a "drip" coffee. People will laugh on the inside at you.

Like a bubonic plague, UConn's women's basketball infected sports with their winning streak, consuming attention on ESPN and taking more media glory than Brett Favre ever could.

On this day here, their egregious streak which dominated the world of women's college basketball is finally put to rest.

It's a great day for sports and parity in general. It shows that you are vulnerable.

Lombardi once said "Winning is not everything, it's the only thing." However, one has to remember that winning breeds complacency and laziness. When you're on a winning team, you tend to let your guard down. And finally, after 90 games, UConn let their guard down.

90 games is ridiculous. 90 games is borderline criminal. To go 90 games without losing should be illegal.

The worst that OU could muster up in football was 50 games. The worst that UCLA men's basketball could muster up was 88 games, and that was in the 70's. In this day and age, the fact that a team can win 90 ****ing games in a row is ridiculous.

So today, we pop the champagne early like the '72 Dolphins. Because a streak which consumed women's college basketball and America's attention, unwillingly, is finally over. Because an arrogant jerk of a coach who Pat Summit refuses to schedule anymore is finally humbled down. Because these girls are not perfect. And no one should be.

Archived