Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

" Just taaap it in...just taaap it in, give it a little tappy, tap tap taparoo" :ols:

Happy Gilmore will never get old man. Everytime I see it, I end up having tears running down my face. Everything from Ben Stillers crazy role as thenursing home guy, to the retarded big dude with the rod in his head, Chubbs and the chipped wooden hand, the retarded hallucinations, with the funniest one being his grandmother making out with Shooter McGavin, insane Bob Barker, I could go on and on man :ols:

That movie is pure comedy gold.

"You eat pieces of **** for breakfast?" :ols:

I also went to the theater today to see Narnia. I don't understand why the reviews are so mixed. I thought it was a very solid film. The cinematography was absolutely breathtaking and whenever you're using the works of C.S. Lewis, you can't go wrong.

The trailers preceeding the movie, though, disheartened me greatly. There's a lot of crap coming out in theaters. That trailer for "Gulliver's Travels" was like watching someone rape Johnathan Swift's corpse.

I also went to the theater today to see Narnia. I don't understand why the reviews are so mixed. I thought it was a very solid film. The cinematography was absolutely breathtaking and whenever you're using the works of C.S. Lewis, you can't go wrong.

The Narnia films are a franchise I've meant to check out for a long time now. I've heard some overall decent things, and I don't really remember books (I used to go over to my next door neighbor's house and her nanny/housekeeper would read them to us, but I didn't really care about the books because my neighbor was hot and reading The Chronicles of Narnia was my excuse to hang out with her...even at 8 years old I understood how that worked), but they look like entertaining films if you're in the right mood or mindset.

I grew up with the Narnia books much like a lot of people from my generation grew up with the Harry Potter books. They were a very important part of my protestant upbringing, but they were also very well written. The works of C.S. Lewis are among my favorites, and the Narnia books hold a special place in my heart.

I will say that this one, much like the second one, diverts from the original story a bit; but it holds on to the core theme of the books and makes a fine story of its own. The acting was solid, the visuals were stunning, and the score, though not life changing, was appropriate and well done.

I grew up with the Narnia books much like a lot of people from my generation grew up with the Harry Potter books. They were a very important part of my protestant upbringing, but they were also very well written. The works of C.S. Lewis are among my favorites, and the Narnia books hold a special place in my heart.

I will say that this one, much like the second one, diverts from the original story a bit; but it holds on to the core theme of the books and makes a fine story of its own. The acting was solid, the visuals were stunning, and the score, though not life changing, was appropriate and well done.

I liked it better than the second one. Maybe because I didn't mind the additions to this story as much as I did in that one.

(possibly because the second one was one of my favorites as a kid and I didn't remember much of the Dawn Treader)

Anyway this one had some pretty emotional moments at the end and the cinematography was great.

I liked it better than the second one. Maybe because I didn't mind the additions to this story as much as I did in that one.

(possibly because the second one was one of my favorites as a kid and I didn't remember much of the Dawn Treader)

Anyway this one had some pretty emotional moments at the end and the cinematography was great.

I was also pretty amazed by the fact that they made it pretty clear that Aslan is a metaphor for Jesus Christ. I wasn't expecting them to be so bold faced about it.

I won't spoil it for anyone, but it's at the tail end of the film and if you're paying attention, it's very clear.

Archived