Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

So I was having this discussion with a buddy while we were at the mall today. The topic was, which ps1 games, if reimagined on the ps3, would be beastly, mind you, some of them were beastly regardless, meaning they'd be even more beastly with better graphics. I came up with:

Treasures Of The Deep ( very underrated ocean exploration/action type of game

Tomb Raider 2

Syphon Filter 2

Cool Boarders 3

Nightmare Creatures

Final Fantasy Vll

Ace Combat

NFL Gameday '98

Tekken 3

* Edit, Treasures Of The Deep also had a killer musical score to it, some of the songs have been used in movies and TV shows since it came out back in '96

I once thought "have" (pronouced hayv) was a state of doing what you're supposed to as a kid. (i.e. -- "Mom, I am bein' have.)

I once thought "donserly" was a word used to describe the kind of light referenced in our National Anthem.

I once wondered what "shunglads" were. (Turns out the fight song actually says, "come join us young lads.")

I once thought there was a place called the "So Be It Union." I thought it sounded like a nice place to live.

I once thought that having a town called "Han****" was hysterical. Actually, I still kinda do.

I think they should build an indoor baseball park in Japan and call it the Fukudome.

I think zarny yaks are hot.

I think World B. Free is a great concept but a horrible name. I think Miroslav (Russian for "peace and glory") Satan is a great name, but a horrible concept.

I think I need something better to do with my time.

So I was having this discussion with a buddy while we were at the mall today. The topic was, which ps1 games, if reimagined on the ps3, would be beastly, mind you, some of them were beastly regardless, meaning they'd be even more beastly with better graphics. I came up with:

Treasures Of The Deep ( very underrated ocean exploration/action type of game

Tomb Raider 2

Syphon Filter 2

Cool Boarders 3

Nightmare Creatures

Final Fantasy Vll

Ace Combat

NFL Gameday '98

Tekken 3

* Edit, Treasures Of The Deep also had a killer musical score to it, some of the songs have been used in movies and TV shows since it came out back in '96

FFVII is supposed to come out with graphics like the ones shown in the movie, Advent Children. :)

FFVII is supposed to come out with graphics like the ones shown in the movie, Advent Children. :)

I guess I'll have to check it out then. I really don't play video games that much anymore, (save for Fallout 3-4 occasionally, and Read Dead Redemption when it first came out) unless I'm playing someone else, so I've missed out on a lot these last 2 years, but I still remember all the classics ( Metal Gear, Doom, Mortal Kombat etc etc) that I played when I was younger. With that being said, I'm definitely going to get my hands on Gran Turismo, and the MK reboot when it comes out.

Archived