Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Guess I missed some background, as I didn't realize these were the only two options.

Alright cliffnotes version:

1) I'm the only male bartender or server, therefore I'm the only male customers see at my work

2) Last night, we were slow, so one of us got to go home, coworker got there at 9 and counted the drawer to make sure it was right, that means that anyone who arrives later (I was scheduled at 10) is the first out... Kinda like I was just there in case we were busy.

3) She gets pissed off that she doesn't leave early, proceeds to basically kick me out. (Quoting: Her: "If you want to go home now, you can", Me: "Alright cool, do you need me to do anything before I leave?", Her: "No")

4) I leave

5) She calls our boss at 3:30am to complain that I didn't clean anything before I left.

6) Boss calls me at a very early hour this morning to ***** me out for not cleaning

7) I post that message...

I've been single for about 2.5 years, it completely slipped my mind that when a woman says "No/it's fine/whatever" that means I royally ****ed up somewhere along the line...

Anyways, I go in to work tonight and my boss basically tells me that I was wrong for leaving when I did, and that she was right. I should have assumed that her "No, you don't have to do anything else before you leave" meant "You need to clean the empty tables and wipe off the bar before you leave", I laugh... He doesn't... It's awkward..

Why was she pissed ? Didn't she know she was closing ?

Were you just being lazy ?

She was pissed because she was dead set on leaving early... (I think she might have already have had plans at 1:15am)

She was convinced that she could turn on her charm and get me to roll over and say "aww shucks, sure, go home"

I was just going along with what I was trained to do...

So why didn't she pay you to close for her, or call you earlier to trade with you ?

You were trained not to help breakdown the bar ?

She never proposed anything about me staying... I'm not sure about why....

I was trained to not break down the bar until 2am... Therefore if I leave at 1:15... I was trained to not help break down the bar... I was also trained to Get the **** off the clock when a coworker asks you to... (We take total tips and split it up by hours worked, so if I'm on the clock cleaning for 30 extra minutes, that's her bartending and giving me cash for not)

Therefore I assumed that she wanted me off the clock so that she could make a higher tip percentage...

But yes, in that situation, if we were dead enough to send someone home and I was staying... I would have told them to leave then and cleaned everything up myself... Because I know I wouldn't have much to do after they left, so I could do all the cleaning then rather than let them stay on the clock and steal my money...

Therefore I assumed that she wanted me off the clock so that she could make a higher tip percentage...

But yes, in that situation, if we were dead enough to send someone home and I was staying... I would have told them to leave then and cleaned everything up myself... Because I know I wouldn't have much to do after they left, so I could do all the cleaning then rather than let them stay on the clock and steal my money...

She would make more money based off of hours not percentage. Technically if she gets a 200 dollar tip at the end of the night she should still share that with you based on hours.

I would have probably done the same thing as far as cleaning, but at one I would have just stayed and sent her home if I had nothing else to do . It just seems like such an odd complaint from her (perhaps she has an agenda or vendetta).

Get off the clock so I can have more money, the extra work is worth the extra money in most of those situations.

EDIT: I knew I forgot something. She paying to clean, not for naught. That is 30 minutes she saved working or 30 minutes more for her.

(perhaps she has an agenda or vendetta).

I honestly think it's because she has asked me to work for her in the past and I've actually said no to her... She's only worked there for about a month and a half, I've been there for over a year... I feel that she goes around acting like a self entitled ***** all night...

I honestly think it's because she has asked me to work for her in the past and I've actually said no to her... She's only worked there for about a month and a half, I've been there for over a year... I feel that she goes around acting like a self entitled ***** all night...

You work at a Hooters or something ?

Odd that there is only one male bartender/server.

Anyway... She probably gets that you don't like her, and is playing the sympathy game with your boss. 'he is so mean to me'.

Two options; kill her with kindness, or shove her out the door.

You work at a Hooters or something ?

Odd that there is only one male bartender/server.

Anyway... She probably gets that you don't like her, and is playing the sympathy game with your boss. 'he is so mean to me'.

Two options; kill her with kindness, or shove her out the door.

I'm not mean to anyone... And I know it's not a coincidence, but I was the last male they hired... That was LAST September... They don't want males behind their bar... I think they think it's bad for business or something...

Was talking with my connections the other day and they claimed to watch all 82 Rangers games every season

How can you do that

I don't watch (or in my case, listen) to every Orioles, Caps, or Wizards game, I can't

See, it's better when you are talking football and you have 16 games every season plus a few playoff games. But when the season consists of 162 or 82 games? You can miss one game, can't you?

they can't charge them with anything i mean come on it was the guy turn.:ols:...party on dudes :beavisnbutthead:

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local-beat/Man-Shot-Dead-After-Refusing-His-Turn-in-Russian-Roulette-106078488.html?dr

A group of men were drinking and playing Russian roulette at a party in Delaware last weekend. As if out of a scene from The Deer Hunter, when one of the men refused his turn, another took the gun, pointed it at the man’s head and pulled the trigger.

A bullet was in the chamber for that round of the "game." The man was shot dead.

So some kids had breathalyzers in between two of the bars last night. I don't remember what I blew but apparently I kept tellin my roomie I blew a "drink more water" cause that's what the guy told me...then he told me not to drink any more alcohol and tried to call me a cab home. So I went to the next bar and had a double Jack and Coke.

I feel like ****. Never drinking again. Halloween kills me.

Archived