Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

"If (Jay Cutler's) wife asks him to pass the salt at breakfast tomorrow morning, DeAngelo Hall will be there to intercept it."

-- Hakem Dermish, NBC4

:ols: :ols: :ols: :ols:

Well, there's that.

And the fact that the Rangers' offensive line is better than the Cowboys'. :ols:

These both made me laugh out loud.

Maybe it's the fact that I gave into immaturity tonight and decided to drink and smoke to celebrate the win...now I gotta wake up in 5 hours to study...oops :(

Not sure who Jim Powell is. But of course I know who Sutton is. Sutton got the most out of his abilities as a pitcher. Solid career. And I like him as a broadcaster. I wish he still did some Braves games.

lmao

That's why I mentioned them

Because both Jim Powell and Don Sutton do radio for the Braves

Damn it...I wish I had MLB.TV just so I could watch Ernie Johnson or Chip Caray and all those braves games :ols:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=5722907&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

Pittsburgh Panthers coach Jamie Dixon did what some other drivers did not do on a busy stretch of interstate on Saturday night -- he pulled over to help trapped passengers in a car that had turned over against a guardrail.

The vehicle had flipped over while going on I-279 North near the McKnight Road exit in Pittsburgh and was on its side when Dixon, who was driving on the same highway, pulled over to help.

"[Dixon] assisted in removing at least one of the two occupants," Pennsylvania state trooper Erik Fisher told ESPN.com on Sunday morning. "He sustained some injuries to his hands in assisting in getting them out through the windshield of the vehicle on the passenger side."

Fisher said he was the third trooper on the scene and is the investigating officer on the crash. Fisher said the woman who was pulled from the vehicle, which he said was not on fire, suffered "at least a broken ankle.'' Fisher said the driver of the vehicle fled the scene.

rich-rodriguez-thumbsup.jpg

Tony Kornheiser is stealing my bit

I called McDaniels in the other forum the next Jim Zorn

And then Tony goes on the radio and calls McD Jim Zorn and mentions a "Jim Zorn vacation package" ;)

Plagiarism

Uh, I'm pretty sure you weren't the first to think of that. In fact, I believe I called it last year when I said that the '09 Broncos = the '08 Redskins.

This morning I walked up 6 flights of stairs to get to the office, then as soon as I got here I had to change the water jug. Surprise morning workout = successful.

Uh, I'm pretty sure you weren't the first to think of that. In fact, I believe I called it last year when I said that the '09 Broncos = the '08 Redskins.

This morning I walked up 6 flights of stairs to get to the office, then as soon as I got here I had to change the water jug. Surprise morning workout = successful.

How do you feel about Rooney resigning with United after threatening to go to City

One of my good connections brought this to my attention

Economics of Seinfeld

The Bottle Deposit

* arbitrage

* fixed costs

* incentives

* variable costs

Kramer and Newman hatch a scheme to arbitrage bottles from NY, where the deposit is 5 cents, to Michigan, where the deposit is 10 cents. They can't figure out how to make the costs work; gas is too expensive (variable costs), and there's too much overhead (fixed costs of tolls, permits, etc.) with using a semi to haul the bottles in volume. Finally, they hatch a scheme to use a mail truck, which lowers their variable and fixed costs to zero.

The Chaperone

* functions of markets

* scarcity

* zero-sum society

Jerry is dating a Miss America contestant, and Kramer appoints himself her chaperone. While at dinner, Kramer asks what she would do to make the world a better place. She says that she would try to end world hunger. “If everyone ate one meal less, there would be enough food to feed the world.” Jerry says that's one “helluva plan.” This is an example of unsound economic reasoning: the misconception that for others to have more, we must take less.

I would like to make a bumper sticker that reads:

Bumper Stickers are for A-holes.

I would of course, be labled an A-hole but its a small price to pay to let people know they, themselves, are aholes

I was raised in an anti-bumper sticker household. Seriously.

How do you feel about Rooney resigning with United after threatening to go to City

Don't care. I enjoy watching the European leagues but I don't follow the off field drama too closely because I don't have a favorite team. Just watch it for the soccer :)

MLB's association with Stubhub should be investigated.

Promoting ticket scalping is incomprehensible.

:doh:

The NFL does the same thing. They even have that terrible commercial where a dude is selling his tickets bc his wife is pregnant, then it shows the dad and his kid who are buying the tickets. But hey, I gotta give it to the leagues - I'm sure they're making extra profits off of their deals w/ stubhub.

If y'all get a free moment tonight and feel like sayin a prayer (or sendin good thoughts/vibes whatever it is ya do) - my uncle is gettin deployed (for the 2nd time) to Afghanistan after the game tonight...here's hopin for a safe and successful tour for all our troops who are out there serving.

Thanks, my fam and I appreciate it :)

If y'all get a free moment tonight and feel like sayin a prayer (or sendin good thoughts/vibes whatever it is ya do) - my uncle is gettin deployed (for the 2nd time) to Afghanistan after the game tonight...here's hopin for a safe and successful tour for all our troops who are out there serving.

Thanks, my fam and I appreciate it :)

He'll be in my prayers. :)

Archived