Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

7 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Last Tuesday of every month?  I'll get some Van de Graff Generator and Jethro Tull ready to go for October.

Dayum! I was gonna' roll with progressive/ alternative, grunge and do something more recent on The Pixies and Nirvana that the masses could connect with but you're playing for keeps! 

I need to up my game haha! 

Hail. 

Squozed some bad lime in my water a couple nights ago.  Started to get sick yesterday morning, turned in to a full-fledged bed-ridden mofo by the afternoon.  Dizzy, lightheaded, nauseous, and my body ached like crazy.  Fibromyalgia up in this piece.  Still sick as a dog.

And dad HAD to post a pic on FB of me on the Chesapeake Bay.  Damn nostalgic feels :(.  Yo f*%{ Tulsa.  MD 4-life (besides the traffic).

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Kraftwerk!

Das Model

^^^ this joint right here goes hard as ****.  I love it  80s synth rocks my ****ing world, right on the prostate.  

It's funny, The Stranger Things soundtrack introduced me to an awesome sub-genre of 80s synth called "Dreamwave," which is basically instrumental synth that uses keyboards to act as the melody/singing.  I've been obsessing over it lately.  After clicking through a few vids of Kraftwerk, it seems like Dreamwave is basically trying to revive what Kraftwerk was doing back in the day.  

clicked through about 6-7 OPETH videos.  Most of it is a little too hard for me, but not bad.  Though I tend to prefer softer music, cuz i'm a soft dude.  :wub:

6 minutes ago, youngchew said:

^^^ this joint right here goes hard as ****.  I love it  80s synth rocks my ****ing world, right on the prostate.  

It's funny, The Stranger Things soundtrack introduced me to an awesome sub-genre of 80s synth called "Dreamwave," which is basically instrumental synth that uses keyboards to act as the melody/singing.  I've been obsessing over it lately.  After clicking through a few vids of Kraftwerk, it seems like Dreamwave is basically trying to revive what Kraftwerk was doing back in the day.  

clicked through about 6-7 OPETH videos.  Most of it is a little too hard for me, but not bad.  Though I tend to prefer softer music, cuz i'm a soft dude.  :wub:

Old Opeth = Death Metal gold standard

New Opeth = Evil dank neo-Prog

The change occurred right around 2007.  And speaking of SynthWave, did you see this sweet jams that the Godfather, John Carpenter, dropped yesterday?  Truly epic!

17 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Old Opeth = Death Metal gold standard

New Opeth = Evil dank neo-Prog

The change occurred right around 2007.  And speaking of SynthWave, did you see this sweet jams that the Godfather, John Carpenter, dropped yesterday?  Truly epic!

Yeah I read a lot of the comments on Opeth with people complaining about how the new stuff is a lot different LOL

Bruh, that Carpenter joint.  Epic indeed!  That's right in my wheelhouse.  I think I may have heard it before...not sure.  Flat, electronic chords.  Delicious.  Com Truise, MPM Multipac, Emancipator, Neon Indian, Electric Youth, Power Glove.  There's a whole world of synth out there that I never knew about :( I follow "Fluidified" on youtube, he uploads new dankness every day.

Can you recommend a page I can follow or subscribe to on Youtube that drops the dank new darktronica like the Carpenter you posted?   

6 minutes ago, youngchew said:

Yeah I read a lot of the comments on Opeth with people complaining about how the new stuff is a lot different LOL

Bruh, that Carpenter joint.  Epic indeed!  That's right in my wheelhouse.  I think I may have heard it before...not sure.  Flat, electronic chords.  Delicious.  Com Truise, MPM Multipac, Emancipator, Neon Indian, Electric Youth, Power Glove.  There's a whole world of synth out there that I never knew about :( I follow "Fluidified" on youtube, he uploads new dankness every day.

Can you recommend a page I can follow or subscribe to on Youtube that drops the dank new darktronica like the Carpenter you posted?   

I get what I need from SynthWave Sunday on Metalsucks.net.  There's certainly something out there that suits your tastes a little better, but there's a ton of good stuff here.

http://www.metalsucks.net/?s=SynthWave

GosT!

30 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I get what I need from SynthWave Sunday on Metalsucks.net.  There's certainly something out there that suits your tastes a little better, but there's a ton of good stuff here.

http://www.metalsucks.net/?s=SynthWave

Thanks.  I'm open to give any and everything a try.  I like to have my mind blown by new music that gives me goosebumps.

I can get jiggy with that gost, not bad.  The breakdown at 2:50 was sick.

Do you like new age, "magical forest" music as my wife calls it?  LOL.  Lady in the Water Soundtrack type stuff.  

1 hour ago, CBass1724 said:

SLTS

Come As You Are > Smells Like Teen Spirit

32 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Failure face. No idea how to post a video from my phone. 

If it's YT just copy the "link" after clicking the share button 

17 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Listened to that whole album (Nevermind) through while I was mowing the lawn over the weekend for the 25 year anniversary.   Definite top 10 of all tim for me.  Still holds up after all these years.

did you tell kids to get off said lawn afterwards, grandpa?

5 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Since I haven't lived on the EC in a long time, do they not have schedule an appt as an option? Or estimated wait times posted online? Maybe that's just a Cali thing..I dunno.

I live on the west coast bruh. I live in a Davis. It was an emergency so I couldn't schedule an appointment 

The newest destiny dlc is out apparently. **** cod im buying that till BF 1 comes out

8 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I live on the west coast bruh. I live in a Davis. It was an emergency so I couldn't schedule an appointment 

The newest destiny dlc is out apparently. **** cod im buying that till BF 1 comes out

That's what you get for living in a county named after a mediocre redskins running back who got his ass beat by Mike Westbrook.

Archived