Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

1 minute ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Mild earthquake just hit the midwest.  Thinking a 5.0-6.0.  Lasted a minute.  Woke me up, my dogs were freaked.  Reminded me of the one that hit the mid-Atlantic a few years back.  This one lasted longer.  Things on my countertops and whatnot shifted around, but nothing fell.  My friend told me her curtains fell down, people posting on Tulsa news FB threads are reporting pictures and items falling over.  No big deal it seems, but a crazy lil wake-up call.

Stop fracking.  *belongs in another thread, but just sayin'*

Joey: Wait a minute. I know you. You're Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. You play basketball for the Los Angeles Lakers.
Roger Murdock: I'm sorry, son, but you must have me confused with someone else. My name is Roger Murdock. I'm the co-pilot.
Joey: You are Kareem! I've seen you play. My dad's got season tickets.
Roger Murdock: I think you should go back to your seat now, Joey. Right, Clarence?
Captain Oveur: Nahhhhhh, he's not bothering anyone. Let him stay here.
Roger Murdock: But just remember, my name is...
[showing his nametag]
Roger Murdock: ROGER MURDOCK. I'm an airline pilot.
Joey: I think you're the greatest, but my dad says you don't work hard enough on defense.
[Kareem gets angry]
Joey: And he says that lots of times, you don't even run down court. And that you don't really try... except during the playoffs.
Roger Murdock: [breaking character] The hell I don't! LISTEN, KID! I've been hearing that crap ever since I was at UCLA. I'm out there busting my buns every night! Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes!

Lost a week-long patient today, thought he would recover but he just crashed out of nowhere.  I was overly optimistic I think.  Told the family with 3 kids that he'd been walking great, responding great, making strides.  Feel bad for getting their hopes up when the doc was saying she was still cautious and guarded about the situation.  11 month old boxer.  I got finished today and finally broke down at home.  Damn dog WAS making strides, I wasn't lying to them, just made it sound too positive.  The **** shut him down out of nowhere, I wasn't there yet, heard about it and had to take a long walk full of curse words.

54 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Lost a week-long patient today, thought he would recover but he just crashed out of nowhere.  I was overly optimistic I think.  Told the family with 3 kids that he'd been walking great, responding great, making strides.  Feel bad for getting their hopes up when the doc was saying she was still cautious and guarded about the situation.  11 month old boxer.  I got finished today and finally broke down at home.  Damn dog WAS making strides, I wasn't lying to them, just made it sound too positive.  The **** shut him down out of nowhere, I wasn't there yet, heard about it and had to take a long walk full of curse words.

Sounds like a night for heavy drinking

23 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Sounds like a night for heavy drinking

Nah, have to lay off the stuff until tomorrow night.  Working all day and night, 5am wake-up call.  Gotta hit the sack soon.

Football is back though :)  and OU got upset.  Bahaha.  All these poor bastages around here with looks on their faces like

gran_torino_6_630_pxlw.jpg

43 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Pain pill giveth and pain pill taketh.

Got super nauseated last night. Threw up. 

Did they give you any nausea medication to go with the pain pills?  If not you might want to ask.  It's not uncommon.

10 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Your heart was in the right place dude.

33 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

Did they give you any nausea medication to go with the pain pills?  If not you might want to ask.  It's not uncommon.

Actually asked for some but they didn't prescribe them. I was dosing aggressively to manage the pain (Max instructed to do so) but it only got me late at night,!winder if it was taking it on an empty stomach. 

K

15 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Actually asked for some but they didn't prescribe them. I was dosing aggressively to manage the pain (Max instructed to do so) but it only got me late at night,!winder if it was taking it on an empty stomach. 

K

It probably says "take with food", but who cares about silly instructions, right?  (I'm a nurse's daughter, yeah read stuff before you take it, LOL) .

I overheard our pharmacist mentioning to another customer that just about all medicine is intended to be taken with something in your stomach, for what that's worth.  I definitely would avoid taking strong pain meds on an empty stomach.  (Y'know, because I'm better than you and I've never made mistakes.)

41 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

It probably says "take with food", but who cares about silly instructions, right?  (I'm a nurse's daughter, yeah read stuff before you take it, LOL) .

I'd been taking it all day and tolerated well.  It's aight. I stepped it back to 5mg every 3 hours from 5mg every 2. I think my body had reached its tolerance level.

Archived