Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

The Oldies song "Shake Rattle and Roll" was on the radio this morning. The line "I'm like a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store"....that's dirty right? He's talking about his penis, isn't he? One-Eyed anything...the seafood store analogy...this was just to get around the censorship of the day, right?

I think Chuck is trying to say that there is so much hot underage white girls running around, that he can't see anything else. It's like he only has one eye that works and it can only look at one thing.

Seriously, if he didn't have a problem with that, if he didn't get pinched going over state lines in a Cadillac, with two underage white girls, while being black, he would have been the King of Rock and Roll today.

We were talking about this on the other forum, but the Simpsons sucks now. It's sad to see the Simpsons today compared to classic episodes. Are you aware Ned and Edna got married? :ols:

The writers are just desperate for relevance now, so they just put on a celebrity for a meaningless cameo every episode. "Hey look, it's Zooey Deschanel! It's Mark Zuckerberg! ON THE SIMPSONS"

It is a real shame because the show used to be so funny, and I frequently make references to classic episodes when I'm just lying around. I've seen them ad nauseum. The newer episodes are awful.

11238737x07kingsizehome.jpg

If you hear the word monorail, do you start singing to yourself?

No. I sing outloud. When I was in Walt Disney world with the family in August, we'd all sing it.

crap...now I am singing it to myself. monorail...(what's the word?)...MONORAIL!

I occasionally forget that The Simpson's are still banging out new episodes. For me personally, besides th emovie that came out awhile back, the series ended in mid '02, when I started to get into other shows.

It's hard to think of a favorite, honestly. Any episode with Sideshow Bob in it was money, especially the one where his brother showed up to "Finish the job" so to speak. Then you have the Halloween specials. Then you also have to include the "Who shot Mr. Burns?" saga. Whichever one ends up with the stuffed pig flying in the end credits always had me rolling as well. Too many to list.

"Smithers, release the hounds!"

For me personally, besides th emovie that came out awhile back, the series ended in mid '02, when I started to get into other shows.

I'm with ya there. I think I stopped watching the Simpson around 2001-2002 as well. I also agree with somebody who said the writers are just plugging in all those celebrity appearances to try and pull folks in. Kinda cheesy. :(

Thought it was odd that Piper Perabo would take a bit part just to mainly do some brief t&a shots and a topless sexy-time scene in Looper. I mean she's starring in her own series that's doing well. Been noticing more and more actors who have major roles in a series doing very brief scenes in movies (granted, usually it's in a major release).

I occasionally forget that The Simpson's are still banging out new episodes. For me personally, besides th emovie that came out awhile back, the series ended in mid '02, when I started to get into other shows.

It's hard to think of a favorite, honestly. Any episode with Sideshow Bob in it was money, especially the one where his brother showed up to "Finish the job" so to speak. Then you have the Halloween specials. Then you also have to include the "Who shot Mr. Burns?" saga. Whichever one ends up with the stuffed pig flying in the end credits always had me rolling as well. Too many to list.

"Smithers, release the hounds!"

The Treehouse of horror ones had some really good parts early on too.

I think one of my favorite episodes though was when they did the show from each family member's perspective.

http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Trilogy_of_Error

It's weird to think that I used to watch Simpsons every day for years and now I haven't watched more than bits of an episode or two a year for a while now.

The Treehouse of horror ones had some really good parts early on too.

I think one of my favorite episodes though was when they did the show from each family member's perspective.

http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Trilogy_of_Error

It's weird to think that I used to watch Simpsons every day for years and now I haven't watched more than bits of an episode or two a year for a while now.

Yeah man, as a kid, I'd always watch the vack to back episodes that they would show during the weekdays, as well as the brand new episodes. Every character had depth to them, no matter how small a role they had, and every one was funny as hell. I na way, I'm sure that a lot o epeople could relate to some of them. I think their first episode aired the year that I was born, or the year after. It is amazing that they've lasted this long. Every now and then I'll catch 5-10 minutes of the newer episodes, but it's nothing like those old 90's, early '00s stuff, and nostalgia has nothing to do with it. They were simply awesome.

Yeah man, as a kid, I'd always watch the vack to back episodes that they would show during the weekdays, as well as the brand new episodes. Every character had depth to them, no matter how small a role they had, and every one was funny as hell. I na way, I'm sure that a lot o epeople could relate to some of them. I think their first episode aired the year that I was born, or the year after. It is amazing that they've lasted this long. Every now and then I'll catch 5-10 minutes of the newer episodes, but it's nothing like those old 90's, early '00s stuff, and nostalgia has nothing to do with it. They were simply awesome.

I remember sitting around a table at school in the old days and someone would bring up the Simpsons and we'd all start cracking up about the newest episode or some older favorite moments.

Actually I think the earliest recollection I have of the show is as a elementary school age kid in private school hearing other kids talking about the Simpsons and myself wondering what all the fuss was about. I can't recall when I actually started watching it myself though. I've seen so many re-runs that it's hard to remember the first episodes that I saw.

Watching a second episode of Treehouse of Horror in a row (hey, tis' the season) and you can truly appreciate the older seasons because of nostalgia and what recent seasons have become. (In fact longer than recent now) Actually, now when I watch the older episodes, I'm catching on to all these jokes and references that I just didn't get when I was younger.

I think the decline of the Simpsons is way overstated. It will never be as good as it was in the mid-late 90s (the show, during that period, was the best thing on TV ever), but it's still better than the majority of comedies on TV. There are too many cameos now, but that same Simpsons humor is still there and still funny.

Pretty ironic, a cross being used to kill someone...

-Homer, as he's about to kill a vampire

Big Bang Theory has had it's heart and soul ripped out. It's no longer the show it once was about a group of lovable socially awkward nerds. It's basically devolved into just another run of the mill sitcom. Such a shame. I guess that's what happens when a show goes mainstream and has to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Archived