Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Magnum P.I. movie

Spaceman Spiff

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movies/01/24/film.magnum.reut/index.html?section=cnn_showbiz

'Magnum P.I.' coming to big screen

Tuesday, January 24, 2006; Posted: 8:27 a.m. EST (13:27 GMT)

Bid Now. Movie Editing Items on eBay

You can find movie editing items right here. With over 5 million items on sale...

www.ebay.com

Movie Editing at Shopping.com

Find, compare and buy Movie Editing items. Read product reviews and compare...

www.shopping.com

Movie Editing

Find Deals on movie editing and other Computer Software at DealTime. Choose from...

www.dealtime.com

Explore Movies

• Hollywood Tours

• Plasma Television

• DVD Rentals

YOUR E-MAIL ALERTS

Tom Selleck

or Create Your Own

Manage Alerts | What Is This?

LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- Rawson Marshall Thurber ("Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story") has signed on to write and direct the big-screen adaptation of "Magnum P.I.," the 1980s series that made Tom Selleck a star.

"Magnum P.I.," which ran on CBS from 1980 to 1988, followed the adventures of Thomas Magnum, a Navy intelligence officer-turned-private investigator hired by wealthy author and playboy Robin Masters to oversee security on the latter's massive Hawaii estate.

Magnum lived in Masters' guest house and drove his Ferrari (the car would become one of the show's signatures), much to the chagrin of Jonathan Higgins III, a proper Englishman who ran the estate.

Magnum also continued to take on cases in which he was aided and abetted by his Vietnam vet buddies, notably helicopter pilot T.C. and club manager Rick.

Thurber is not making a spoof but rather something akin to the tone of the show, which mixed humor and danger. The story line for the Universal Pictures film sees Magnum, with the help of his former military pals, searching for a missing buddy.

Features versions of such TV staples as "Charlie's Angels," "Dukes of Hazzard" and "Starsky and Hutch" have done well at the box office in recent years.

Thomas Gibson? yeah he's real macho....lol What a great show this was and they rumored of a movie since it left the air...a decade too late I'd say but I'd watch it if it had the original cast in it....i mean if they can do Rocky and Rambo V and Indie Jones IV and Die Hard IV why not....though I doubt ol' Icepick is still alive. :)

Archived