Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018-19 NCAA Basketball Thread

PleaseBlitz

This Duke team has more talent than the Michigan Fab 5 from back in the day. 

No shade towards the Tarheels...but DAMN !!!

Although I would have ranked them one or two to start the season. Everyone knew they were going to be a tough out. Length,speed, shooting, bench, etc. 

Duke has a nearly unbeatable team. 

Key word... nearly. They will be in the final four. 

I'll just note in advance that I am very worried about WVU's opener tonight against Buffalo.  WVU may be ranked #13 and Buffalo isn't exactly a name brand, but WVU has one senior and 7 freshman, lost both of our starting guards from last year who had each played like 140 games in their careers and where heart and soul type guys.  So this team is going to need some time to figure **** out.  

Meanwhile Buffalo won the MAC and destroyed Arizona 89-68 in the NCAA tournament last year and returns four starters and six of the top seven scorers from a 27-win team.

20 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I'll just note in advance that I am very worried about WVU's opener tonight against Buffalo.  WVU may be ranked #13 and Buffalo isn't exactly a name brand, but WVU has one senior and 7 freshman, lost both of our starting guards from last year who had each played like 140 games in their careers and where heart and soul type guys.  So this team is going to need some time to figure **** out.  

Meanwhile Buffalo won the MAC and destroyed Arizona 89-68 in the NCAA tournament last year and returns four starters and six of the top seven scorers from a 27-win team.

Ouch!

On 11/10/2018 at 8:25 AM, TryTheBeal! said:

Ouch!

Yea, at least I'm honest about this team.  As ever, I have faith that Huggins will end up with a team that is better than the sum of its parts, but that will take some time. 

The brutal thing is WVU was up by 10 with like 5 minutes to go and had a win probability of 97%. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived