Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

7th Annual ES Survival Football League! Week 10 Update - and the winner is...

Bliz

I think this might be the first year we didn't lose anyone week 1 to "forgot to make a pick".  Looks like all of my nagging finally paid off.  Let's keep that going for week 2.

I don't like to get fancy on these picks week 1.  Buffalo clearly terrible, so Ravens were a pretty easy choice.

Shoutout to the one guy who picked the Skins.  Nice

7 hours ago, Destino said:

According to the pick distribution info week one was a blood bath.  30.64% Saints and 9.15% picked the Steelers, so nearly 40% of yahoo survival league players faltered in week one. Another 11% are riding with the Lions tonight.

Looks like it could be another Mayan blood ritual this week. Lot of people jumping on the Saints again. Despite that totally sad and par for the course outcome by Cleveland, I wouldn't go anywhere near them, especially not with a team like NO, who historically plays defense like once every 3-4 years.

4 hours ago, mcsluggo said:

i picked the steelers (or against the Browns) way back months ago when this thread first opened...and then forgot about it.

but really... a tie is a loss???     i call foul!

In the immortal words of MSU Coach Duffy Dougherty after Ara Parseghian at ND played for a tie rather than a victory:  "A tie is like kissing your sister."

To me, ending up with a tie is lame, and I whenever a team does it, there seems to be some killer instinct, or championship drive missing.  So I checked the records, and, coincidentally enough,  the last team to have a tie in the regular season and go on to with the Super Bowl was the Pittsburgh Steelers, back in 1974.  

4 hours ago, Busch1724 said:

If they had a kicker, they'd be 2-0 against two pretty good teams. 

They might be pretty damn decent a year from now, assuming Mayfield takes the reins in '19. Just take the '04 Roethlisberger/'12 Wilson/'01 Brady approach. They'll be a scrappy bunch this year though, and seeing how weak the AFC is, they'll ruin anybody that tries a "Pick against the Browns" approach.

The Cards/Bills, though... My god, what futility. Cards have that 0-16 look

Archived