Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

Kavanaugh lied in his testimony. He knowingly perjured himself when relaying his history. You think that would be enough to disqualify him for consideration. I doubt it even makes the GOP side of the Senate blink. They expect and demand he obfuscate and lie about his history. 

3 hours ago, Burgold said:

Kavanaugh lied in his testimony. He knowingly perjured himself when relaying his history. You think that would be enough to disqualify him for consideration. I doubt it even makes the GOP side of the Senate blink. They expect and demand he obfuscate and lie about his history. 

this just adds to why I have little faith in this country moving forward

any other time in history and this would be a major deal and likely torpedo a nomination. Instead, standards and norms have been broken and they ain't coming back

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Burgold said:

Why hasn’t a single Democrat brought forth charges of perjury?   I’m not talking about tweets or statements.   If Kavanaugh committed perjury, then certainly 1 out of 100 Senators would formally accuse him right?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Why hasn’t a single Democrat brought forth charges of perjury?   I’m not talking about tweets or statements.   If Kavanaugh committed perjury, then certainly 1 out of 100 Senators would formally accuse him right?

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/perjury-complaint-filed-against-kavanaugh-to-be-reviewed-by-merrick-garland/

Perjury Complaint Filed Against Kavanaugh to be Reviewed by…Merrick Garland!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apparently, there has been at least one perjury charge brought forth.The other answer, which we have seen time and time again, is that Congressional Dems seem to lack balls. They roll over far too often. I think that's what makes the Corey Booker moment so noteworthy.

3 minutes ago, Burgold said:

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/perjury-complaint-filed-against-kavanaugh-to-be-reviewed-by-merrick-garland/

Perjury Complaint Filed Against Kavanaugh to be Reviewed by…Merrick Garland!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apparently, there has been at least one perjury charge brought forth.The other answer, which we have seen time and time again, is that Congressional Dems seem to lack balls. They roll over far too often. I think that's what makes the Corey Booker moment so noteworthy.

A political stunt by a partisan pc isn’t the same thing.  

If Kavanaugh lied under oath and not a single Dem is willing to even accuse him formally of it, then they should all resign.  

The fact is that he’s too smart and practiced too much to say anything that could put him in any danger of perjuring himself. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kilmer17 said:

A political stunt by a partisan pc isn’t the same thing.  

If Kavanaugh lied under oath and not a single Dem is willing to even accuse him formally of it, then they should all resign.  

The fact is that he’s too smart and practiced too much to say anything that could put him in any danger of perjuring himself. 

Are you really saying that under this Administration? We can probably make a case that EVERY person in the Trump Administration from Jared Kushner to Kavanaugh has lied in an illegal and criminal manner since the start of Trump's term. In fact, Kushner did several times on his foreign disclosure forms. Nearly, every one of Trump's appointees or the people he had applying for TS clearance broke the law in the same systematic pattern.

Pretending this Congress is going to in this one instance act 100% differently when it is comes to criminal lying is preposterous. Kavanaugh knowingly and intentionally committed perjury several times. Everyone knows it. He committed perjury when he said Roe v Wade is settled law when he privately believes it is not and has worked to undermine it. That one's harder to prove, but if we're honest, we know the truth of it.

The fact that he will likely get away with perjury and you declare shame on the Democrats instead of shame on Kavanaugh or shame on the Republicans and shame on Trump is just another example of the team-first ridiculousness we are being poisoned by. Then again, maybe you think that Manafort is a fine person who is getting unfairly railroaded just as Trump declared.

• Like 1

All I want is either:

1) Trump nominees to be treated like my criminal defendants are with regards to benefit of the doubt

or

2) My criminal defendants be treated like Trump nominees are with regards to benefit of the doubt.

I'll take either one, though they might get the vapors if they give me #2.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

All I want is either:

1) Trump nominees to be treated like my criminal defendants are with regards to benefit of the doubt

or

2) My criminal defendants be treated like Trump nominees are with regards to benefit of the doubt.

I'll take either one, though they might get the vapors if they give me #2.

I'm sending you a dollar. May need your services. Pm me...and I ain't jokin.

56 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Are you really saying that under this Administration? We can probably make a case that EVERY person in the Trump Administration from Jared Kushner to Kavanaugh has lied in an illegal and criminal manner since the start of Trump's term. In fact, Kushner did several times on his foreign disclosure forms. Nearly, every one of Trump's appointees or the people he had applying for TS clearance broke the law in the same systematic pattern.

Pretending this Congress is going to in this one instance act 100% differently when it is comes to criminal lying is preposterous. Kavanaugh knowingly and intentionally committed perjury several times. Everyone knows it. He committed perjury when he said Roe v Wade is settled law when he privately believes it is not and has worked to undermine it. That one's harder to prove, but if we're honest, we know the truth of it.

The fact that he will likely get away with perjury and you declare shame on the Democrats instead of shame on Kavanaugh or shame on the Republicans and shame on Trump is just another example of the team-first ridiculousness we are being poisoned by. Then again, maybe you think that Manafort is a fine person who is getting unfairly railroaded just as Trump declared.

If the Dems allow him to get away with perjury, then they are just as bad and complicit as the GOP you are claiming is allowing it to happen.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

If the Dems allow him to get away with perjury, then they are just as bad and complicit as the GOP you are claiming is allowing it to happen.

If the person who witnesses a bank robbery from across the street allows the burglars and their bank officials co-conspirators who gave the bank robbers the building plans and combinations to the vaults get away... that across the street witness is just as guilty as the bank robber and all those involved on the in-job. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Burgold said:

I just figure the shame on them was already a given.  But yea, shame on the Democrats ALSO.

Too bad you're not at this hearing Benning. The "He's from Bethesda. He can't be trusted." argument would bring this whole thing to a screeching halt. I'm thinking unanimous denial, as even the most crooked GOP congressman can not refute the fact that not one single person ever to come out of Bethesda, or any other affluent community, has ever been trustworthy.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I don't think I've seen him answer one question that wasn't about youth softball. Every video is him either not answering or him starting to answer and then being cut off.

Sadly this is the new norm with all SCOTUS nominees and has been since Bork. 

18 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Too bad you're not at this hearing Benning. The "He's from Bethesda. He can't be trusted." argument would bring this whole thing to a screeching halt. I'm thinking unanimous denial, as even the most crooked GOP congressman can not refute the fact that not one single person ever to come out of Bethesda, or any other affluent community, has ever been trustworthy.

That's not the point of my post

“I’m a native of this area," he said. "I’m a native of an urban-suburban area. I grew up in a city plagued by gun violence and gang violence and drug violence.”

He grew up in Bethesda and went to Georgetown Prep. He can't even be honest about that. And Bethesda is definitely suburban. It's nonsense.

1 hour ago, Kilmer17 said:

Sadly this is the new norm with all SCOTUS nominees and has been since Bork. 

Even before then. Nominations have been pretty much slam dunk since the late 1800s with the exception of Abe Fortas (who history later found out shouldn't have been nominated 3x).

Tbf, the last biggest liar to get through was Clarence Thomas. And he's been an awesome choice. ?