Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Comedian Suggestions

Elessar78

On 2/5/2018 at 6:19 PM, ExoDus84 said:

Not sure if srs, but if you're actually suggesting to him Dane Cook, then well...let's just say witches were burned at the stake in Salem for offenses less than this.

I'm keeping my eye on you.

When’s YOUR set at the Improv?

17 hours ago, Springfield said:

Relative newcomers like Daniel Tosh, Dimitri Martin, Hannibal Burgess and Judah Friedlander.  Also good.

Yeah listened to a lot of these guys and think they’re hilarious. Toshand Burress. Friedlander’s America is the Greatest on Netflix slays me. 

“America is the greatest... we have the highest gun homocide rate, because we are excellent marksmen. Netherlands awful marksmen.”

I’ve been listening to Rock, Chapelle, since I was in college. Names just escape me right now. I enjoy Aziz-bit about pedophiles being intimidated by him cause he was such a good lookin kid. Gold. 

Theres a guy, Rory Scovile, I used to play soccer with him in DC 15 years ago. I think he’s an Up and comer too. 

He’s been on Conan a few times and an obscure sitcom.

On 2/6/2018 at 8:13 PM, PokerPacker said:

He got old pretty fast for me.  You can only do dark misdirections so often before they become predictable.

This 100%. Jeselnik bits are all the same.

Essentially it's "I know this guy... I have this friend.... or a relative of mine... blah blah blah... insert generic mcguffin...  He or she died." :mellow:

On 2/6/2018 at 10:44 AM, balki1867 said:

If we're going older, I'd add Mitch Hedberg to the list. I'd never imagine that I'd enjoy his style but he's amazing. Also I'll go +1 on Sebastian Maniscalco. Pablo Francisco is a another great one.  I haven't heard from that guy in years.

Too bad Mitch is gone. I only found him last year

9 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Pablo Francisco

Seen him twice in person. Love his specials but when saw him at DC Improv, he was too wasted to pull off a good set. 

9 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Mitch Hedberg doesn't get old

Well, now he doesn't. 

Yeah Mitch Hedberg was really, really good.  A tragic loss. And damn you Elessar78 for making me laugh at that.

Brian Regan cracks me up.  His bits about going to the eye doctor and going to the gym are funny as hell to me.

Some of Chris Hardwick's stand-up is pretty good.

For a woman's voice, Kathleen Madigan is really good too.

• 1 month later...

7 hours ago, SkinsFanRob said:

Tom Segura ...

Listening to his show on spotify. First time. His bit about pulling out—hilarious. 

Just now, gbear said:

Does Kate McKinnon do stand up?  She is awesome on SNL and in Ferdinand.

Alien space ship sketch is hilarious.

I'm not hip on the newer names in comedy and just started seeing who's who recently. I'm into the older acts like Dangerfield and Steven Wright. I saw Norm MacDonald at the Improv a few years ago, front seats. It was the greatest night of my life and will likely never be topped.

I watched Ali Wong's special Baby Cobra a few weeks ago and it was hilarious. I had no expectations going in. She has a little wicked sense of humor at times.

John Mulaney's special New In Town was pretty good, but it's the only thing I've seen of his.

Archived