Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The XXIII Olympic Winter Games In PyeongChang

PleaseBlitz

13 minutes ago, mark327 said:

Almost Flawless and beauiful performance by Rippon. Russian falls , Canadian falls twice and is in First ! 

Always hated the way the judges score in figure skating. :chair:

Makes no sense at all. The Russian looked like his emotions were surgically removed, his skate was uninteresting and down right boring. Then the Canadian fell twice with another bland performance. 

I hope Rippon comes back in the men’s program and slaughters those other two

Apparently, it is better to attempt 4 quads and miss them all as opposed to attempting 4 triples and nailing them all.

I can see the logic that you should get a slight reward for trying a harder program. But doesn't it seem like all you need to do is try 20 quads, fall on your ass every time, and take home the gold.

Skating is so weird.

I will say this. As weird as skating is, those two female Russians are so obviously better than everyone else that it's nice to see the scoring show that they are so much better than everyone else. It's very similar to the US Gymanstics team two years ago.

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:34 AM, Spaceman Spiff said:

Who's the third guy gonna be?

LKB can be the team coach, he knows everything. 

It will not shock you to know that every four years, I am an absolute expert on luge.

"He is going far too high up the wall on turn 12. What is wrong with him?"

I grudgingly agree with @zoony, the rules appear to be well known.  The Russian and Canadian fell, but since the jump they were trying to do is so difficult, they didn't get punished much for not hitting it.  Having read a bunch today about it from people that follow the sport for a living, seems like the right call was made.

Rippon is still unquestiongly winning the Olympics.  

I think Rippon is a giant douchebag. I wont mind if he fails.

The two russian skaters Zagitova and Medvedeva are so awesome. Everyone seems mad they're allowed to compete, but I have thoroughly enjoyed watching them. They are on a whole different level

7 minutes ago, tshile said:

The two russian skaters Zagitova and Medvedeva are so awesome. Everyone seems mad they're allowed to compete, but I have thoroughly enjoyed watching them. They are on a whole different level

There really is something about keeping your family out of a concentration camp that can take competition to the next level

59 minutes ago, zoony said:

Enough wine in here for a new gospel

Everyone knew the rules going in.  The american lost, deal with it.  

It's skating. No one on this thread knew the rules going in.

I'm not upset that he lost. I do find the rules stupid, but I generally hate judged sports in general.

I'm going to pull a Die Hard move here. Remember when he would pontificate about coaching because he led a 10 year old flag football team to a league title? I've been going to gymnastics competitions for four years now. I'm pretty close with another dad. We've sat together through maybe 50 competitions and, to this very moment, have no earthly idea what our daughters need to do to improve their scores. Technique seems to be the favorite answer.

It's very frustrating, because if it was basketball, I could just make her shoot free throws until she hated both me and the sport like any other American father.

I feel like we are really going to lose out if you are never a Little League or girls' softball coach.

1 hour ago, thinwhiteduke said:

Shes paid to read what she is told. She made  no mistake. It's all premeditated.., on purpose  for gossip..to create news.

They, in effect, have always made  it up

Dogs flew spaceships.

Men and women are the same sex

9 hours ago, tshile said:

I think Rippon is a giant douchebag. I wont mind if he fails.

Kolyada was certainly on another lever...his ass.

Russia as a nation was banned for doping, but all of the sudden we have Russian...oh sorry Olympic Athletes from Russia competing. Message delivered, the OIC is a toothless neutered old mutt too lazy to get off the porch to chase the thief.

And for the record Rippon is awesome.

2 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Kolyada was certainly on another lever...his ass.

Russia as a nation was banned for doping, but all of the sudden we have Russian...oh sorry Olympic Athletes from Russia competing. Message delivered, the OIC is a toothless neutered old mutt too lazy to get off the porch to chace the thief.

Which sports organization with a similar role isn't a total disgrace? NCAA, FIFA, and OIC are all corrupt organizations. 

4 hours ago, Corcaigh said:

Dogs flew spaceships.

Men and women are the same sex

how does that dispute what I said? do you really think these people work on their own?

3 hours ago, Hersh said:

Which sports organization with a similar role isn't a total disgrace? NCAA, FIFA, and OIC are all corrupt organizations. 

define corrupt. By whos standards?

they do exactly what they intend to do. It might be corrupt to you but its business as usual to them.

Archived