Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

Damn, that came out of nowhere, 3.5 back all the sudden, huh?  There is a lot of people hurt or coming back from injury right now, its really hard for me to say "yikes", my hope is we're healthy by the time September comes around.  Jeez.

7 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

I dont really care about the 3.5 games back stuff yet.  This team if healthy can cover 5 games in September if they really played well.

Agreed, we're still in striking distance.  My optimism that everybody will be healthy when we really need them is not trajecting upward, however.

30 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Agreed, we're still in striking distance.  My optimism that everybody will be healthy when we really need them is not trajecting upward, however.

That's among my chief concerns, too. Seems like it's someone new's getting every way you turn. 

Right now, I'm feeling more frustration and confusion than panic.

Not to mention the Braves are - good. The Braves are playing really, really well so far. 2nd best record in the National League right now, well above the league average for the major hitting statistics (as a team), two players hitting well above .300 (Freeman's a point behind Matt Kemp for best batting average in the NL). 

We're still well within striking distance of the Braves but they're playing well right now. Were it not for Max Scherzer saving the day at the plate, we would have been swept by them in our last series in Atlanta. 

31 minutes ago, thebluefood said:

Not to mention the Braves are - good. The Braves are playing really, really well so far. 2nd best record in the National League right now, well above the league average for the major hitting statistics (as a team), two players hitting well above .300 (Freeman's a point behind Matt Kemp for best batting average in the NL). 

We're still well within striking distance of the Braves but they're playing well right now. Were it not for Max Scherzer saving the day at the plate, we would have been swept by them in our last series in Atlanta. 

They have been this "good" yet only up 3.5 games on a ****ty nats team.  

From Mark Zuckerman, an Interesting quirk regarding today's resumption of the Yankees game from May 15, which was stopped by rain with the game tied at 3 in the 6th inning:

Q: Juan Soto was still in the minors when this game began, but he’s now eligible to play in the resumption of the game. If that happens, would this now be considered his major league debut?

A: I don’t know an official answer on this fascinating question, but logic certainly says the answer is yes. If Soto plays in this game, it will become his major league debut, five days before the real one occurred. Turns out some people really do get a second chance to make a first impression!

http://www.masnsports.com/nationals-pastime/2018/06/a-primer-for-tonights-unusual-sort-of-doubleheader.html

Get swept by ****ty Toronto, lose two of three to ****ty San Fransisco. At least split with the Yankees.

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

You can't 1-2-3 a harder lineup to win the game right there. That was impressive.

Wife got me an authentic Scherzer red jersey. Need the ASG batting practice Doolittle one now. He is an All Star

5 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Get swept by ****ty Toronto, lose two of three to ****ty San Fransisco. At least split with the Yankees.

I'm not sure what to make of it yet, I don't want to say playing down to competition.  Harper is hitting like .216 right now, that is jus rediculous

5 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Wife got me an authentic Scherzer red jersey. Need the ASG batting practice Doolittle one now. He is an All Star

Remember going into spring practice waiting to be sold the close was on the roster.  I've seen enough, in Rizzo I Trust.

Am I the only one that finds Yankee jerseys with names on the back tacky as ****?

Archived