Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

Draft news: 

The Nationals have also agreed to terms with their second-round selection, UConn lefty Tim Cate, Callis adds on Twitter. It’s an at-slot, $986,200 bonus for the 65th overall choice of the draft. Best known for his big hook, Cate is an undersized hurler who has also had some worrying arm health questions crop up. Still, Baseball America ranked him 54th on its board, noting his “exceptional feel to land his breaking ball in the zone and bury it for swings and misses.”

We really need to have people hit in the lineup when they will in the playoffs.  Dusty changed it up and we really need to fix that.

BTW, did you guys see what the cubs did today in relief?  They took their right reliever and put him in LF for one hitter, and then reverse the lefty pitcher and put him in LF and  put the righty back in.  Next batter they brough the lefty back from LF to pitch and put their catcher in LF to play that position!

5 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

BTW, did you guys see what the cubs did today in relief?  They took their right reliever and put him in LF for one hitter, and then reverse the lefty pitcher and put him in LF and  put the righty back in.  Next batter they brough the lefty back from LF to pitch and put their catcher in LF to play that position!

Can anybody see a down side to teams doing this, other than breaking some stupid “unwritten  rule”?  Sounds to me like a really smart way to save a bullpen.

1 minute ago, skinfan2k said:

This kid isn't scared of the big lights. Now you know why Rizzo is a boss with harper negotiations 

If he can keep Harper here, no doubt in my mind Rizzo eventually gets a ring.  The number of quality young players that can start he brought up from the farm system is just stupid impressive.  I know caps just won a ring, but he's the best gm in DC right now.

Archived