Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

8 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

No, just this team. We're already 0-3 with RISP. It's like clock work: get em on, get em over, dont make solid contact again.

You weren't saying this during their great 25 game stretch. This is baseball.  Ups and downs will happen. 

1 minute ago, skinfan2k said:

You weren't saying this during their great 25 game stretch. This is baseball.  Ups and downs will happen. 

We are one of the worst teams with RISP, and have been all year. Roark is pitching well, and getting his usual run support.

2 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Hell of a lot more downs than ups this year. Playing in one of the worst divisionns in all of baseball is the only reason we're in 1st.

You do realize the Nats have played fewer division opponents than anyone in the NL

2 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

So, so little going out way this year

yet in 1st place.  Reminds me alot of this Caps season.  Nothing was going right this season.  Unlike 13 and 15, this team is not trailing a division opponent by a large margin

3 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

yet in 1st place.  Reminds me alot of this Caps season.  Nothing was going right this season.  Unlike 13 and 15, this team is not trailing a division opponent by a large margin

This is a lot like 15: injuries, under-performance, slow start, never more than 10 games over .500, ultimately collapse at the end 

Yeah I know the season's long and there's time to catch fire but this isn't good. The bats have been super streaky all season long. I'm not saying the Nats should have a 162-0 record - cold snaps happen and they're still only a game out of 1st place - but they're really leaning heavily on the pitching staff (which is dealing with injuries to key players).

I want to talk about this anonymous comment right here.

If anybody hasn't read this comment, this was brought to me by a mother, of children. I think it's worth reading.

Let me tell you why I want to talk about this comment. Three-fourths of this is inaccurate. It's fiction. And, this comment embarrasses me to be involved with baseball, tremendously. And that comment, had to have been written by a person that doesn't have a child. And has never had a child that's had their heart broken and come home... upset. And had to deal with the child when he is upset. And kick a person when he's down.

Here's all that Bryce Harper did: he goes to work, he's respectful to the media, he's respectful to the public, and he's a good kid. And he's not a losing player, and he doesn't deserve to be kicked when he's down.

If you have a child someday, you'll understand how it feels. But you obviously don't have a child. I do.

Your child goes down the street, and somebody makes fun of him, because he dropped a pass in a pick-up game, or says he's fat, and he comes home crying to his mom, you'd understand. But you don't have that. But someday, you will. And when your child comes home, you'll understand.

If you want to go after an athlete-- one of my athletes-- you go after one that doesn't do the right things. You don't downgrade him because he does everything right and may not play as well in October. And you let us make that decision.

That's why I don't like that comment: because it's garbage. And the editor that let it come out is garbage. Attacking an professional athlete for doing everything right. And then you want to write articles about guys that don't do things right and downgrade them-- the ones who do make plays.

Are you kidding me? Where are we at in society today? Come after me! I'm a man! I'm 40! I'm not-- I'm not a kid. Write something about me, or our coaches. Don't write about a kid that does everything right that's heart's broken, and then said that the coaches said he was scared. That ain't true! And then to say that we made that decision because Bryce, because he can't win games. That's not true! So get your facts straight.

And I hope someday you have a child and somebody be-- downgrades him, and belittles him and you have to look him in the eye and say, "You know what? It's okay. They're supposed to be mature adults, but they're really not." Who's the kid here? Who's the kid here? Are you kidding me?

That's all I've got to say. Makes me want to puke.

Archived