Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

Today's game was just the best. The Stanley Cup was hanging out in the club section - there were periodic roars from the crowd as members of the team lifted it up. Think it gave a little extra mojo to the Nats today. 

And of course, the Good Doctor came in to save the day at the end. 

35 minutes ago, Bacon said:

We're going to need to score 5-10 runs a game to stay afloat without Strasburg and Hellickson.

Thankfully, we got Eaton back at the same time we lost everyone else! 

We def need to score more runs in general.  The gala was last night so i expect the Nats to lose today but we do have Max going today

2 hours ago, Bacon said:

We're going to need to score 5-10 runs a game to stay afloat without Strasburg and Hellickson.

Thankfully, we got Eaton back at the same time we lost everyone else! 

And he was in great form. Had a hit, scored two runs, and had an excellent catch out in the field. Was great to have him back. 

i had a dream last night. The Nats go to the World Series and are tied in the bottom of the 9th. Harper comes off to bat and hits a walk-off HR allowing us to get our first title and later announces that he will be signing with teh Dodgers or Cubs. 

Getting caught up with the game. Looks like Michael A. Taylor wants to keep his job as he's one of only three Nats with a hit today (though it looks like Juan Soto's still doing his share of the lifting). Brutal afternoon for the bats. Really hope they cane come through for Max (though I'm glad to see he got a walk). 

14 minutes ago, thebluefood said:

Getting caught up with the game. Looks like Michael A. Taylor wants to keep his job as he's one of only three Nats with a hit today (though it looks like Juan Soto's still doing his share of the lifting). Brutal afternoon for the bats. Really hope they cane come through for Max (though I'm glad to see he got a walk). 

no idea why they schedule the Gala during the season. I can't remember the last time they won a game after the gala.  if everyone is trashed, why waste Max's start? 

Just now, skinfan2k said:

no idea why they schedule the Gala during the season. I can't remember the last time they won a game after the gala.  if everyone is trashed, why waste Max's start? 

Especially since we're neck and neck with the Braves right now in the standings. I know it's early in the season but if the division pennant race is going to be this close, every game from now until the end of the season is going to count.

And that's double especially now that our pitchers are getting hurt. 

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Having a big team wide gala in mid season seems silly to me. Why not do it like the week before the season starts or something?

At least the Braves will lose too.

Yeah, thankfully we didn't lose any ground. Scherzer (and the pitching staff as a whole) did a fine job but you're not gonna win a lot of games with only 3 hits. 

It looks like it wasn't strikeouts that killed us, though. What was the deal today? Bad luck? Hitting into DPs? Getting under the ball and giving them pop flies? 

Archived