Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Cousins Play For The Skins In 2018

Veryoldschool

Will Cousins Be Back In 2018?  

206 members have voted

1. 1. Will Cousins play for the Skins in 2018?

• Yes, as part of a LTD.
    • Yes, on a tag for a year
    • No, the Skins tag him and manage to trade him
    • No, the Skins let Cousins walk and he signs a LTD with another team

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/2017 at 08:02 PM

One thing I don't get about Kirk seeming to want to hear other offers before he agrees to anything,  He said that winning was important to him, but then also said he felt the Redskins were right there with the best of the NFC this season, unlike how he felt after losses in 2015/2016 to the better teams.  

So if you combine that with him saying it's not "all" about the money, and you'd think Washington has the situation he wants.  There has to be something about the team and/or organization that he either doesn't like or isn't comfortable with that has him hesitating to sign here before he hits free agency.

9 minutes ago, fordranger76 said:

I still don't understand why some have to name call or insult others to get their point across on this board. We are all just fans sharing our opinions. People got to be dicks though I dunno. HTTR.

If being called a Nimrod is the worst thing to happen to the poster he/she has had a good day.

17 minutes ago, fordranger76 said:

I still don't understand why some have to name call or insult others to get their point across on this board. We are all just fans sharing our opinions. People got to be dicks though I dunno. HTTR.

Personally, I'm talking about an entire group of people that play the QB vs. QB game, cite QB records, etc.  The most pointless exercise for assessing a player there is.  It's very deserving of criticism.  It's impossible to have any sort of intelligent debate with individuals that subscribe to that line of thinking.

7 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

If being called a Nimrod is the worst thing to happen to the poster he/she has had a good day.

Not only that, I didn't call out anyone in particular but if the shoe fits...

I was talking about the way several fans here correlate team record/results with the QB, ignoring so many variables of the game.

37 minutes ago, fordranger76 said:

Because it's no longer about football for them, its all about emotions.

Just now, jschuck12001 said:

Because it's no longer about football for them, its all about emotions.

Really, the most emotional folks on the forum have been those that are negative on Cousins for some time now.  Every snap emotional.  God forbid we lose a game, the emotions really flare.

Emotions however have nothing to do with me calling a spade a spade.  I'm real calm sitting here watching a really good football game.  

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I'm real calm sitting here watching a really good football game.  

A game in which Bortles is clearly better than Cousins because they've put up 35 on the Steelers.

The dude is a juggernaut.

11-23 150 0tds.

The Jags have 4 rushing TDs and a Roethlisberger fumble returned for a Td.

It is now undisputable.

Bortles is ELITE!

11 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

A game in which Bortles is clearly better than Cousins because they've put up 35 on the Steelers.

The dude is a juggernaut.

11-23 150 0tds.

The Jags have 4 rushing TDs and a Roethlisberger fumble returned for a Td.

It is now undisputable.

Bortles is ELITE!

You know damn well nobody said Bortles was elite, by the way those stats changed a bit.

If you're referring to my posts I said he's a talented guy who has lost his confidence and is a product of poor QB mentoring/coaching.

13 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

And now Bortles throws his first TD which is his teams 6th TD of the game.

Put this man in the HOF.

He gets my vote!  He is a winner in the playoffs!  Cousins cant win the tough games.  Bortles is money!

/ImA****ingDumbassSkinsFan

1 hour ago, jschuck12001 said:

Bortles since 2014

14,928 passing yards  90 TD's  64 INT's

Kirk since 2014

14,886 passing yards  91 TD's  45 INT's

Kirk's been marginally better than Bortles but doesn't have the physical skills or athletic ability Bortles has.

Kirk once had an issue with confidence too and he worked it out, if Bortles does the same he will be a better QB.

I can't wait till Kirk's ass is gone, tired of looking at him and hearing about him.

Ok, this data is crazy skewed because it is missing some very key things. Like lets start with number of games. Bortles was the starter in 2014 for 13 gms. Kirk only 5. Bortles also played in 14, Kirk just 6. So the fair comparison is the last 3 years when both have been starters. 

Kirk crushes Bortles in virtually every category except TDs, which is not surprising since the Redskins have no running game. But he still has 2 more. He also has greater  than 1000 more yards and a QBR almost 10 pt higher!!  His TD/Int ratio is a lot better at 1.68 for Bortles vs. 2.25 for Kirk!!   Bortles is 14-25 for 214 yds and 1 TD. Fornette has 3 TDs! When was the last time the Redskins have a RB score 3 TDS in a game! Hell they barely get 3 in a season!!!!  

I get being over the drama. I am sick and ****ing tired of it. I also get the argument that while the FO has screwed this up from star to finish, Kirk owns some of this. Last but not least, I get fans that feel like Kirk owes it to them to find a way to get past the asswipe that is Bruce Allen. We have been emotionally invested in him. Not saying that should drive his decision so i also get his needing to do what's best forf his family.

But lets not get carried away with comparisons that are not one to one. Bortles is just not on the same level QB that Kirk is. As long as we look at the full data that is very apparent. 

image.png.55cea279fd1f0adce464bc17be7ba9d4.png

4 hours ago, Tay said:

There are usually plenty of segments on local radio during the off-season where local guys disagree with rankings based on film study. Andy Benoit is probably the most well known. His premise is that Kirk is perfect for this system and he does what he's asked to do very well, but that doesn't make him a near elite QB.

Whenever there are articles saying Kirk is near elite, the focus is on stats. 

I follow all those guys.  Plenty NFL pundit types have used film to show why Kirk has the goods. 

Benoit stands out because he's so different on the issue.  Benoit also was the same guy who said before they let Haslett go that he was one of the best defensive scheme guys out there and people will be pounding down his door offering him D coordinator jobs if the Redskins ever let him go.

12 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Ok, this data is crazy skewed because it is missing some very key things. Like lets start with number of games. Bortles was the starter in 2014 for 13 gms. Kirk only 5. Bortles also played in 14, Kirk just 6. So the fair comparison is the last 3 years when both have been starters. 

Kirk crushes Bortles in virtually every category except TDs, which is not surprising since the Redskins have no running game. But he still has 2 more. He also has greater  than 1000 more yards and a QBR almost 10 pt higher!!  His TD/Int ratio is a lot better at 1.68 for Bortles vs. 2.25 for Kirk!!   Bortles is 14-25 for 214 yds and 1 TD. Fornette has 3 TDs! When was the last time the Redskins have a RB score 3 TDS in a game! Hell they barely get 3 in a season!!!!  

I get being over the drama. I am sick and ****ing tired of it. I also get the argument that while the FO has screwed this up from star to finish, Kirk owns some of this. Last but not least, I get fans that feel like Kirk owes it to them to find a way to get past the asswipe that is Bruce Allen. We have been emotionally invested in him. Not saying that should drive his decision so i also get his needing to do what's best forf his family.

But lets not get carried away with comparisons that are not one to one. Bortles is just not on the same level QB that Kirk is. As long as we look at the full data that is very apparent. 

image.png.55cea279fd1f0adce464bc17be7ba9d4.png

Kirk has 11 less INT's and a better completion percentage, he also had better weapons than Bortles has had for a majority of his career.

Whats interesting about Bortles is that his best WR was out all year and his 2nd best WR was out half the year until week 16.

Fournette only averaged more than 4 yards a carry 1 time since week 6.

Bortles is not Elite and not as good as Kirk right now but that was never my point.

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

One thing I don't get about Kirk seeming to want to hear other offers before he agrees to anything,  He said that winning was important to him, but then also said he felt the Redskins were right there with the best of the NFC this season, unlike how he felt after losses in 2015/2016 to the better teams.  

This current version of the team is mostly built by different overseers of the FO.  Shanny and Scot are gone.  I'd include the 2017 draft as part of that, too.

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

So if you combine that with him saying it's not "all" about the money, and you'd think Washington has the situation he wants.  There has to be something about the team and/or organization that he either doesn't like or isn't comfortable with that has him hesitating to sign here before he hits free agency.

Can Bruce-Doug and Kyle Smith build a winner to compete with the big boys?  JP Finlay in particular loves to talk about how fans don't believe in the current FO.  Does Kirk?  We know at least before this season, Doug didn't see Kirk as a top 10 QB -- hence the top 15 QB comment.  And we keep hearing from beat guys that Bruce is the guy behind the scenes (Chris Russell said it again a few days ago) who isn't a big Kirk guy.  If all of this is true (and granted its speculation), Kirk liking but not loving the idea of being back -- makes sense.   Bruce and Doug are supposedly the key guys in that FO with the power so you got to look forward with that framework.

15 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

Kirk has 11 less INT's and a better completion percentage, he also had better weapons than Bortles has had for a majority of his career.

Whats interesting about Bortles is that his best WR was out all year and his 2nd best WR was out half the year until week 16.

Fournette only averaged more than 4 yards a carry 1 time since week 6.

Bortles is not Elite and not as good as Kirk right now but that was never my point.

Ryan Grant was Kirks best receiver for most of the year. Crowder come on at the end but jst about single highhandedly lost the dallas game. Was Reed not his #1 WR? That's all I heard from those not as keen on Kirk is that without Reed he sucks. Jacksonville literally had the #1 rushing game in the NFL!!!  Come on man. Bortles can't even carry Kirk's jock at this point. And you said Kirk was "marginally better". I know you are not a big Cousins fan. But this comparison is bad, just plain bad. 

20 minutes ago, RonBurgandy said:

Cousins couldn't put up 40 plus points in a playoff game on the road in Pittsburgh to save his life. 

Kind of a ridiculous statement. Bortles was 14-26 for all of 214 yds and 1 TD. The running game (minus his rushing even) had 129 yds on 30 carries and 4 TDs!!! Give Kirk that kind of support and he can put up 45 on anyone. 

19 minutes ago, RonBurgandy said:

Cousins couldn't put up 40 plus points in a playoff game on the road in Pittsburgh to save his life. 

Neither could Bottles, didn't stop the jags from doing it though.  Turns out the rest of the team matters.  Weird and scary right?

14 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Ryan Grant was Kirks best receiver for most of the year. Crowder come on at the end but jst about single highhandedly lost the dallas game. Was Reed not his #1 WR? That's all I heard from those not as keen on Kirk is that without Reed he sucks. Jacksonville literally had the #1 rushing game in the NFL!!!  Come on man. Bortles can't even carry Kirk's jock at this point. And you said Kirk was "marginally better". I know you are not a big Cousins fan. But this comparison is bad, just plain bad. 

I'll say it again the stats I posted were not to say Bortles is better but that the numbers are not that far off and there was some upside with Bortles if Jacksonville let him go.

It doesn't matter  now because its unlikely Jacksonville lets him go.

2 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

I'll say it again the stats I posted were not to say Bortles is better but that the numbers are not that far off and there was some upside with Bortles if Jacksonville let him go.

But they are far off. That's my point! They are not close. And Kirk has just as much upside IMO. Sorry, I just disagree with your point, completely. 

Archived