Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Do People That Don't Watch Sports Do With Their Time? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PleaseBlitz

So, turns out I'm going to have a lot of time on my hands given that life is just a black hole of despair and disappointment.  In lieu of acquiring an opioid addiction (probably ... er maybe), I am going to need some activities to fill the void left in my day and in my soul.  Here are some things that I am considering.  Feel free to add your own.

1.  The above-referenced opioid habit;

2.  Carving a 1/10 scale functional aircraft carrier out of a single block of wood;

3.  Buskering;

4.  Photographing dogs trying to catch treats

5.  Bathtub distilling.  Also, bathtub cheesemaking;

6.  Like, exercising or some ****;

7.  Riding the bus around and making inappropriately long eye contact with people;

8.  Watching the shows on Netflix and Amazon like a normal American human;

9.  Learning kung-fu and roaming the American west helping people in need and fighting for justice while searching for my mysterious half-brother, Danny Caine;

10.  Editing Wikipedia (with a ferocity never before seen);

During the beginning part of the season when the weather is still nice outside, I always struggle with my hobbies vs watching football.  Once it gets cold, I have no clue what other people do.  But here is a list of things I do (in no particular order) when the weather is nice.

1. Fishing

2. Go to gun range

3. Camping

4. Hiking

5. Volunteering with my dog rescue

6. Training/playing with/exercising my own dogs.

7. Kidnapping women and keeping them in a dry well in my basement

8. Doing yard work

9. Riding my motorcycle

10. Scuba diving

11. Playing softball

I'm sure there is other things I just can't think of right now.

On a serious issue I have probably dedicated way too much of my time and effort to sport and going to games. I've seen way too much ****, way too many elimination games not go DC's way. I think at some point it's better off to realize it is only a game and it doesn't mean much in the whole spectrum of things. There's so many other things you can do than sit at home watching another disappointment. Cook. Go outside, walk a dog, take a jog. I honestly think that sports has really consumed way too much of my life and I probably should ease back. 

I no longer get all that emotionally invested. I'm kinda numb to everything.

As far as your question, I don't know. On weeknights there is always other things on TV. The weather has actually been pleasant these last few Sundays(although I think its starting to get cold now).

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/13/2017 at 11:03 AM, TheGreatBuzz said:

During the beginning part of the season when the weather is still nice outside, I always struggle with my hobbies vs watching football.  Once it gets cold, I have no clue what other people do.  But here is a list of things I do (in no particular order) when the weather is nice.

1. Fishing

2. Go to gun range

3. Camping

4. Hiking

5. Volunteering with my dog rescue

6. Training/playing with/exercising my own dogs.

7. Kidnapping women and keeping them in a dry well in my basement

8. Doing yard work

9. Riding my motorcycle

10. Scuba diving

11. Playing softball

I'm sure there is other things I just can't think of right now.

Ever consider making clothes? Out of human skin, specifically. 

6 minutes ago, youngchew said:

Shooting guns does wonders for stress relief.  :)

Shooting a pistol, a 9MM, was probably the least satisfying thing I've done. Shotguns, rifles—those are fun. 

Shooting guns is so petty.  Go big or stay home.  Now this is back and it's fun.  (I've been and it's a blast)  Forget shooting a little peace of metal.  Shoot a whole pumpkin a mile and the new can talk. So make your canon or catapult for next year's big show.

http://www.delmarvanow.com/story/news/local/delaware/2017/02/11/punkin-chunkin-future/97754180/ 

37 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Shooting a pistol, a 9MM, was probably the least satisfying thing I've done. Shotguns, rifles—those are fun. 

Maybe I should've specified.  ;)

Pistols are the appetizer, I always shoot them first to warm up.  The shotguns are the main course, with the long guns (assault rifles) being dessert.  And I prefer my rifles drummed, because 30 round mags just aren't enough when you're trying to saw a paper target in half.   :)

work out. great stress relief and helps with everything. Can't sleep. Go work out. Feel sad, go work out. etc. 

video games. watch movies by myself and with my wife. find a show to binge. Go to wine festivals on weekends 

And i also read up on things that have always interested me or that i would like to learn more on. Such as history, presidencies, theories on shows, games, movies etc. 

12 minutes ago, gbear said:

Shooting guns is so petty.  Go big or stay home.  Now this is back and it's fun.  (I've been and it's a blast)  Forget shooting a little peace of metal.  Shoot a whole pumpkin a mile and the new can talk. So make your canon or catapult for next year's big show.

http://www.delmarvanow.com/story/news/local/delaware/2017/02/11/punkin-chunkin-future/97754180/ 

https://www.punkinchunkin.com/38-punkin-chunkin-interest/131-tickets-camping.html

THE 2017 EVENT IS CANCELLED

Our non-profit, the World Punkin Chunkin Association, a 100% volunteer based group, has recently come under litigation regarding the incident where Ms. Suzanne Dakessian, a Sharp Entertainment’s employee, was involved in an unfortunate accident at our 2016 event. The pending lawsuit lists our non-profit and its officers as Defendants.

The landowners who graciously donate the use of their property each year for our non-profit endeavors are also listed as Defendants. They are reluctant to host our 2017 event in light of the lawsuit. 

With less than 74 days until our event, we are left with no options. It is with our deepest regrets that we announce that 2017 Punkin Chunkin is canceled and with it, the economic impact that Delaware receives, the funds that we generate to help fund other non-profits and the scholarships for deserving youth. Refunds will be issued within the week. 

It is unfortunate that Suzanne Dakessian was injured, and we continue to extend our best wishes to her, her family and her loved ones. We have no further comment at this time.

:(

37 minutes ago, KAOSkins said:

Makes me think of a post on FB by an old high school girlfriend during the beginning of the current protest extravaganza.  She had a screed about football in general and why losers spend such an inordinate amount of time consumed by the NFL.  Holy mother of god it was unpleasant.  Bullet mother****ing dodged.

I didn’t dodge that bullet. But I am a more balanced individual post-football obsession. 

Archived