Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Marvel's Punisher Netflix -- November 17

Riggo#44

That rox!

I'd love to see the Punisher done well, no bull**** superpowers, tough ass out-for-justice no qualms, no questions, no mercy kinda badass that understand sometimes you need to bleed to get a job done, just the price of doin business.

Gonna have to see this without gettin my hopes up

Oh hell yeah.........

What the trailer doesn’t reveal is the show’s release date, which Netflix has been knowingly teasing for weeks now. Still, there are some assumptions we can make. With the highly anticipated Stranger Things 2 hitting the service on Oct. 27, it’s not likely that we’ll see The Punisher within a week or two of then — especially when Marvel’s Thor: Ragnarok hits theaters just a week later. The company won’t want to compete with itself for its audience’s screen time.

If you want to start planning your weekend of binging, our money is on Nov. 17, late enough to get a full press round in, but not so late that it’s inside the holiday season. Either that, or Nov. 10, which would have the added synergy of falling on the weekend of Veterans Day in America.

When will we know for sure? Well, the weekend of Oct. 6 is New York Comic Con, a convention with a regular history of breaking fall Marvel/Netflix news — in fall of 2015, fans were treated to the first full episode of Jessica Jones a month before its premiere. It wouldn’t be surprising if they got the first full episode of The Punisher this year, along with the show’s release date.

Netflix definitely got the casting right for Frank Castle. Jon Bernthal (DC native and Skins fan, BTW) was fantastic in Daredevil. The key to this series though will be a compelling villian. Jessica Jones and DD Season 1 (Kingpin and Kilgrave respectively) were the best two series because the villians were fantastic: well casted, well written, and well acted. Luke Cage I didn't like as much because Cottonmouth and Diamondback were boring. DD Season 2 was good, but The Hand really got stale. Defenders was better because Sigourney Weaver was very good as the main villian, but, again The Hand was kinda boring after a while (also because Danny Rand would stop talking about being the ****ing Immortal Iron Fist and stopping the Hand.)

10 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

no Cottonmouth slander will be tolerated

He was definitely more compelling than Diamondback.

Off topic, that actor is the headliner for True Detective, Season 3

5 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

I only saw the Daredevil series...what else is worth watching?

Jessica Jones was fantastic as well. Luke Cage got great reviews, but I didn't like it as much. Iron Fist only if you want to complete the series. 

5 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

I only saw the Daredevil series...what else is worth watching?

Jessica Jones was fantastic as well. Luke Cage got great reviews, but I didn't like it as much. Iron Fist only if you want to complete the series. 

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

He was definitely more compelling than Diamondback.

First half of Luke Cage was much better than the second.  Mostly because Cottonmouth was great and Diamondback was terrible.  Jessica Jones was a good series, but I still say Jessica Jones isn't a hero.  She's the person your parents warned you not to mess with. 

Can't wait to binge watch Punisher. 

JJ should have been better. It was good but they didn't make the Purple Man evil enough. Plus they didn't truly sell why JJ was broken (from both being a superhero and from the abuse from Purple Man). I kind of wish they would have incorporated more from the earlier Alias arcs instead of focusing on the Purple arc of it.

As for this Punisher, that character was great in the Daredevil series. I expect that level in this series, plus having Karen Page from Daredevil will help a lot. 

Still need to watch Luke Cage and Iron Fist...

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Jessica Jones is an anti-hero, like Ghost Rider, Wolverine, Deadpool, and the Punisher. She's deeply flawed, which is what makes her interesting. 

No.  The others you mentioned, minus deadpool who is in his own category, are heroes that use evil methods to fight the bad guys.  Netflix Jessica Jones won't get out of bed to help anyone unless she knows them, someone she knows cares about them, or she happens to already hate whoever is threatening them.  Simply being aware of a threat existing does nothing for her.  She needs to know why it's her problem, because otherwise she's got drinking to do.  

5 hours ago, Destino said:

No.  The others you mentioned, minus deadpool who is in his own category, are heroes that use evil methods to fight the bad guys.  Netflix Jessica Jones won't get out of bed to help anyone unless she knows them, someone she knows cares about them, or she happens to already hate whoever is threatening them.  Simply being aware of a threat existing does nothing for her.  She needs to know why it's her problem, because otherwise she's got drinking to do.  

Kinda goes for the Punisher too. I don't think he's going to be helping any old ladies cross the street.

16 hours ago, LD0506 said:

That rox!

I'd love to see the Punisher done well, no bull**** superpowers, tough ass out-for-justice no qualms, no questions, no mercy kinda badass that understand sometimes you need to bleed to get a job done, just the price of doin business.

Gonna have to see this without gettin my hopes up

That's exactly why I've always liked him, too.  I was never huge into comic books and comic book heroes but Punisher was the exception.  Just a guy who was hell bent on revenge and using awesome weapons to do it.  No weird backstory origins, it's all very simple, black and white.    

I'm excited for this.

But that trailer was amazing.  As soon as I heard One playing I was hooked.  Not that I wouldn't have been hooked before, but the way they used that song was excellent.  

11 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Punisher will need a strong performance from the main villain to be great. Even in the comics, the best punisher runs were moreso because of who he was playing against

From what I've read, the lead villian will be Curtis Hoyle, in a friend-turned-enemy type. Castle will also be pursued by DHS agents. And Debrah Ann Woll will be in it.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKy9GNMVyiLShKqFUEIod

Archived