Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Common Kirk....I just don't know....

Riggo'sRangers

4 minutes ago, Garcon More Wine said:

ok.  hes a grizzled vet thats started 42 games.  is that better?  lol.  i cant fix the numbers, 42 starts aint a ton, despite his age.  playing real games matters, shockingly.

There's TWO QB's with less experience in our division that are better than Cousins. 

Cousins been in this system long enough. He should know it like the back of his hand.

1 minute ago, DM72 said:

There's TWO QB's with less experience in our division that are better than Cousins. 

Cousins been in this system long enough. He should know it like the back of his hand.

yeah wentz was awesome last year with his 16 TDs and 14 INTs and a losing record.

and he was killing it today with 2 turnovers and one BS TD that he lobbed into oblivion to a guy the eagles almost cut last year lol. 

and dak is a product of zeke and that oline.  id love to see kirk with a run game like that (and so would you).

i dont think either of them are better.  but there are plenty of QBs that are better.

5 minutes ago, Garcon More Wine said:

i keep seeing that he folds in the big games.  exactly what games has he really folded in?  the one playoff game hes played against a hall of fame QB (where our defense was absolutely putrid)?  and one game last year to get us into the playoffs against the giants (yes he was bad).

we havent been in that may high pressure situations lol.  and the last two seasons weve had arguably the worst defense that ive ever seen at least since synder took over.  hes somehow managed to keep us afloat with no running game to speak of, and no defense at all.  imagine if the dude had a running back that wasnt a converted fat fullback who knew how to actually gain more than 2 yards?  imagine if he had a defense to give him some shorter fields so we didnt have to drive 92 yards every time.

anyone pay attention to the saints?  drew brees is arguably a top 3 QB for the past decade, yet somehow they cannot even get to the playoffs, let alone sustain winning seasons anymore.  brees has gone 7-9 3 straight years, because his team has no ground game and no defense.  even the best QBs in the world arent just a one man show, and kirk is no different.  im not saying hes drew brees, but he barely has the chance to do anything because if he isnt perfect, the team collapses.  id at least like to give kirk a ground game and a top 14 defense and see what he can do.  so far hes had undrafted free agents and fumbling failures in the backfield, coupled with historically terrible defenses two years running, and has still managed to have back to back winning years.

Pretty much every TNF, SNF, and MNF game, with the Packers game being the obvious exception. I suppose the game that sealed Chip Kelly's fate he bounced back from the pre-halftime brain fart and was solid. 

Three season openers, pretty much every game against NYG, last year against the Cowboys (his pick pretty much started the Dak era)... see a trend. Wooden said "be at your best, when your best is needed," that isn't Cousins.

2 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Most QBs don't even get 32 starts. You're reaching really hard right now 

so cousins has a winning record with no defense and no run game in a tough division, and youve seen enough after 32 starts to punt on him?  wow.

for the record campbell got 52 and a lot on this board still wanted to see more of that trash lol.  and he actually had portis and a pretty good defense (two things cousins would know nothing about).

Kirk also still locks onto too many pre-snap reads and doesn't scan the field for what happens after the snap. I am sure we have all seen how wide open Grant was, when Cousins threw the contested pass to Pryor in the end zone.

This isn't about whether Kirk is good or not.  This is about whether he is good enough to be the next guy to set the league record for being the highest paid QB, because the way negotiations have gone, it sure seems like that is what he is striving for.

anytime someone is down on kirk, i still never hear a viable backup plan.  if kirk aint the guy then so be it, but i need to hear more than "lets just have colt mccoy start" because id rather not watch us go 4-12 lol.

A "backup plan" would be the same thing that other teams do when they want/need a new QB...draft one. Sticking with mediocrity because you're terrified of drafting a bust isn't a very good plan.

2 minutes ago, TheCoach22 said:

Pretty much every TNF, SNF, and MNF game, with the Packers game being the obvious exception. I suppose the game that sealed Chip Kelly's fate he bounced back from the pre-halftime brain fart and was solid. 

Three season openers, pretty much every game against NYG, last year against the Cowboys (his pick pretty much started the Dak era)... see a trend. Wooden said "be at your best, when your best is needed," that isn't Cousins.

this entire franchise cant win in primetime, this goes back like 17 years lol.  and yes id agree, hes usually bad in season openers (why i dont know, but he is).  again the sample size is still pretty small.  hes played 2 full years, and he'll play his 3rd this year.  id assume the front office wants to see what he does in year 3.  if hes still making big mistakes in crucial games at the end of the year when we need more then we may be moving on, but i am absolutely terrified of letting him walk.

again, you guys dont seem to remember the QBs before him.  we were next level terrible outside of 2012s miracle with griff.  

2010: 6-10

2011: 5-11

2012: 10-6

2013: 3-13

2014: 4-12

cousins is the first guy to get us to back to back winning seasons since before the internet was around haha.  i reeeeally dont wanna go back to hearing people on the radio defend john beck, not after watching a guy throw for 4000 yards consistently.

so cousins has a winning record with no defense and no run game in a tough division, and youve seen enough after 32 starts to punt on him?  wow.

for the record campbell got 52 and a lot on this board still wanted to see more of that trash lol.  and he actually had portis and a pretty good defense (two things cousins would know nothing about).

That Campbell point is patently false lol. Stop it 

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

A "backup plan" would be the same thing that other teams do when they want/need a new QB...draft one. Sticking with mediocrity because you're terrified of drafting a bust isn't a very good plan.

maybe there will be some legit stud QB but we're never gonna be bad enough to get him with our current roster, and i dont want to mortgage the farm again ala griffin.  

and i have zero faith in vinny 2.0 (i mean bruce) and doug "im only here because snyder saw me win a ring 30 years ago when he was 13" williams to find a legit franchise QB.

1 minute ago, Garcon More Wine said:

this entire franchise cant win in primetime, this goes back like 17 years lol.  and yes id agree, hes usually bad in season openers (why i dont know, but he is).  again the sample size is still pretty small.  hes played 2 full years, and he'll play his 3rd this year.  id assume the front office wants to see what he does in year 3.  if hes still making big mistakes in crucial games at the end of the year when we need more then we may be moving on, but i am absolutely terrified of letting him walk.

again, you guys dont seem to remember the QBs before him.  we were next level terrible outside of 2012s miracle with griff.  

2010: 6-10

2011: 5-11

2012: 10-6

2013: 3-13

2014: 4-12

cousins is the first guy to get us to back to back winning seasons since before the internet was around haha.  i reeeeally dont wanna go back to hearing people on the radio defend john beck, not after watching a guy throw for 4000 yards consistently.

I understand all of that. I was beating the same drum a few months back. 

But after today, I'm over it. 

Also at this point, we don't know that Kirk can recreate that without Garçon and Jax. It's very much in play that they masked his weaknesses 

5 minutes ago, squatch66 said:

For those that are talking **** about Stafford this is why he gets paid top qb money:

https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/907034090506944513

I would take Stafford over Cousins without a second thought

Edit: don't know how to embed tweets

yet somehow hes never won a playoff game.  guess he folds in the post season when they need him?

3 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

That Campbell point is patently false lol. Stop it 

oh that is 150% true re: campbell, pull the files from the archive.  people loved them some JC17 and always blamed something else lol.

you do bring up a good point tho about what he can do without PG and DJ.  time will tell on that, pryor had bricks for hands today, and doctson might as well just be inactive.  that guy is killing me right now haha.

I think all of this is moot anyway. Kirk will be gone next year, unless he continues his poor play and nobody really wants him, or at least nobody is willing to pay much money for him and he comes back to us with his hat in his hand.

3 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I still have no clue why anyone would take Cousins over Stafford.

The only people who would are some Skins fans. I think precisely 32/32 NFL GMs or HCs would take Stafford over Cousins. Same with Wentz, Carr, and Prescott (though I think the jury is still very much out on Dak since he has such a dominant line and run game).

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I still have no clue why anyone would take Cousins over Stafford.

stafford is better than cousins, but it isnt this night and day difference.  they both post tons of yards and have some big games, but neither has ever won a playoff game.  hell stafford doesnt even have a 500 record lol.

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I think all of this is moot anyway. Kirk will be gone next year, unless he continues his poor play and nobody really wants him, or at least nobody is willing to pay much money for him and he comes back to us with his hat in his hand.

you may be right, time will tell tho.  

Archived