Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Good Would It Feel To Knock Dallas Off In The Playoffs

Veryoldschool

I was thinking about this.....given that Dallas is likely at this point to be the #1 seed and its still unclear whether, if both the Skins and the Giants get in, who would be #5 and #6.......if you had only one choice, who would you rather play in the NFCCG? My scenario would have us in the #5 seed, both us and the Giants winning in the wild-card round, and us beating the #2 seed in the divisional round and awaiting the winner of the Giants-Cowboys divisional game.

Redskins AT Dallas

Giants AT Redskins

You can use any reasons you want......state of the rivalry with either team (historical and current), current matchups, home vs away, etc.

31 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I was thinking about this.....given that Dallas is likely at this point to be the #1 seed and its still unclear whether, if both the Skins and the Giants get in, who would be #5 and #6.......if you had only one choice, who would you rather play in the NFCCG? My scenario would have us in the #5 seed, both us and the Giants winning in the wild-card round, and us beating the #2 seed in the divisional round and awaiting the winner of the Giants-Cowboys divisional game.

Redskins AT Dallas

Giants AT Redskins

You can use any reasons you want......state of the rivalry with either team (historical and current), current matchups, home vs away, etc.

I haven't given any thought to the seeds I'll wait and see but I'm optimistic about the Skins making the playoffs and Dallas is going to be a very tough out but having come close twice I think the Skins can and will beat them and just imagine how satisfying that would be....

Call it what you will.

Obviously, if they beat them to advance and won a Super Bowl - there is no greater feeling.

However, losing to them and watching them win a Super Bowl and hearing about how great they are infinitely would be absolutely awful.  Just them winning another SB is awful enough, I'd prefer not be a stepping stone to it.

I completely disregard this entire thread as i have no idea how long you've been a fan of this franchise.

In the future please list your fan resume and how long you've rooted for this franchise so i know whether or not to take you seriously. 

Thank you in advance. 

Nah im just messin with ya, yes it would be very nice to beat the Cowboys in the playoffs 

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I can't wait to beat them in the championship game before we go to the Superbowl and it'll be even better if we can beat the giants first too.

I'm not even sure that's possible. Assuming the Redskins and Giants both make the playoffs as the 5 & 6 seed, they would both play in the wild card round against the two division champs who won't get a bye (most likely Detroit and Atlanta). If they both happened to win, one would play Seattle and the other would play Dallas. Only then, again assuming they both win, could they play one another in the NFC championship game. 

So, since we are most likely only in contention for the 6-seed, we would play a first round game in Atlanta/Detroit. If we win that, we'd be in Dallas (lowest seed vs. highest seed). If we win that, we'd be at whoever won between the wild card round game and Seattle. 

55 minutes ago, RFK Lives said:

It would feel January 22nd, 1983 good.

I was just thinking about that.  Dallas was our 1 loss that year -- for you young'uns, we went 8-1, not 15-1.  The players spent some time on the financially disabled list during '82  :ols: -- and when they were favored over us in the Championship, Joey T. admitted (and you can watch this in the NFL films episode on the '82 Skins) that the Skins hadn't really beaten anyone and had lost pretty bad to Dallas during the season.  That Championship was such sweet payback for 1979.  BTW, speaking of 1979 (if you're old enough, you know how tragic that number is), go to 2:27 here at this youtube video (watch?v=0wCRJyl2iQ4) and watch the Diesel try to go off left guard, see no hole, and outrun the entire Dallas D to the right.  That guy could dominate today.

5 hours ago, Veryoldschool said:

Dallas wins again.  I got to give them credit they are the most improved team in the NFL.  That said, if the Skins keeping playing well we could get a third shot at Dallas in the playoffs and oh man it would be sweet to win that one.  Let's hope!

giphy.gif

Archived